Live Eurodam Enroute to Vancouver for Alaska Season

Crew News

Thank you so much for your detailed reports and collecting all this great info. Your website is a fantastic resource. Your efforts are very much appreciated. I so look forwards to reading more. Enjoy your cruise!! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tonyinoc said:

what time is the ship leaving San Diego and is it going straight to Seattle ?

Since it is skipping Victoria, it is going straight to Vancouver.  Seattle would be a PVSA violation.  EM

3 hours ago, bellevuecruiser said:

Congrats on your upgrade to Neptune Suite

Have you tried the Pinnacle Grill breakfast for Neptune Suite guests?

What are hours of the breakfast?

Any chance of a scanned menu?

We are on the Osterdam to AK this Sunday. 

I tried it a few years ago but it was slow.  7:30 - 9:00 AM.  Here is the current MDR/PG breakfast menu link:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/DRPG-Breakfast-Menu.pdf

1 hour ago, tonyinoc said:

what time is the ship leaving San Diego and is it going straight to Seattle ?

Seattle has never been on the ship itinerary.  We were supposed to stop in Victoria but the lengthy repairs changed that.  Departure is noon today after 11:00 AM Passenger Safety Drill.

We stop in Vancouver on May 3d with the ship moving to Seattle then for the start of the Alaska season on May 4th.

5 hours ago, bellevuecruiser said:

Congrats on your upgrade to Neptune Suite

Have you tried the Pinnacle Grill breakfast for Neptune Suite guests?

What are hours of the breakfast?

Any chance of a scanned menu?

We are on the Osterdam to AK this Sunday. 

We have had breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill on all ships including the Eurodam.  Service was very good.

The menu is the same as the main dining room breakfast menu.

Breakfast hours:  port day -- 7:30 - 9 AM; sea day -- 8 - 9:30 AM.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:06 AM, grsnovi said:

Here's a Butchart photo from a week ago... :classic_smile:

butchart.jpg

The Burckhardt Gardens are some of the most beautiful  places I have ever been .  I would not go to Victoria without taking them in.

• Like 1

The ship was supposed to sail at 12pm. It has not. The captain said he thought it would sail at 1pm as the repairs went well. I doubt that-I think it will be 2 or later. The deck party with free drinks is underway now-unfortunately the weather is cool and rainy. 

2 hours ago, SempreMare said:

Thank you Crew News for all your updates! So exciting to follow.

If you get a chance, could you take a picture of the Neptune lounge and the food available  at different times of  the day? 

I shall do so.

17 hours ago, Crew News said:

Upgraded from a VA.  I thanked my HAL PCC but she replied that it was not her doing.

That's quite an impressive upgrade fairy you found!  And you deserve it for all you do for HAL as a CC unofficial ambassador.   m--

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, saturn93 said:

Just returned from the Eurodam today after a night in San Diego after disembarking.  Bon voyage on the trip to Vancouver!!!

Feel free to add your insights to this thread.  Those on subsequent Eurodam cruises will thank you.

12 minutes ago, bellevuecruiser said:

Have the menus to Pinnacle or Canaletto changed since your previous cruise HAL menu pictures?

Yes.  I will post new menus this weekend.  New items for PG but also new formatting.

• Like 1

Just heard that HAL has two buses to transport passengers from Vancouver to Victoria.  Not sure if all passengers know yet.

In Room Dining could not deliver chicken wings until 7:00 PM tonight but will confirm 3:00 PM tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Just heard that HAL has two buses to transport passengers from Vancouver to Victoria.  Not sure if all passengers know yet.

In Room Dining could not deliver chicken wings until 7:00 PM tonight but will confirm 3:00 PM tomorrow.

Maybe those busses are for travelers who planned to end their cruise in Victoria.   What an adventure this has become!

Edited by oaktreerb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

Just sailed past the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier.  Unfortunately, no planes were landing.

From what little I know, the planes on USN aircraft carriers leave their ship for a land based naval air station before the ship arrives in port and are not retrieved until after the aircraft carrier is at sea once again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Crew News said:

Yes.  I will post new menus this weekend.  New items for PG but also new formatting.

My apologies, the Canaletto menus has not changed BUT will change at the end of May so I will copy it on my Westerdam time in early June.