S1 Corner aft Sky suite or Celebrity Suite?

Greenymac

17 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Hopefully this will work...this is from CS 1618, back side of the hump on Eclipse

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

Oh if this is equivalent to Equinox 1233 I'm SOLD. The wife will be ok losing the aft view for more lounging and breakfast on the balcony room. Love how deep it it. You can actually walk out a bit! Thanks for these pictures!

9 minutes ago, Greenymac said:

Oh if this is equivalent to Equinox 1233 I'm SOLD. The wife will be ok losing the aft view for more lounging and breakfast on the balcony room. Love how deep it it. You can actually walk out a bit! Thanks for these pictures!

All the hump balconies are the same for CS, of course facing the other way if you are in a front facing one.   It's the same on Equinox as we also had 1618 on it in 2016.

I *wish* an upgrade to a CS on Edge (we leave on the 15th) was only $800!

=X= wants minimum $1020 PER PERSON.  :classic_ohmy:

Needless to say we are keeping our deck 11 S1 corner aft...

That veranda is huge!!  You're going to have a great time!

1 hour ago, Greenymac said:

Anyone with pics or video of especially the balcony area???

These were taken on our  Equinox cruise in June 2018.  1233 same exact cabin. We requested extra loungers as we like to sleep and nap on the balcony. Our butler made them up like beds for us. 

DFDEAFF6-0F34-4658-AC99-ECC8AD35B01B.jpeg

A4F1827B-1C27-4887-B8A5-3EC9DF302060.jpeg

3 hours ago, Greenymac said:

There's a video on YouTube of the exact cabin 6305 that we have booked and the balcony does look quite narrow, although long. Although for that time of the year I think the covered CS may be a good bet. I'm trying to understand if 1233 has a longer balcony, deeper, or both. 

Would 1233 on Eclipse be close to the same balcony as 1233 on Equinox?

Eclipse and Equinox are both Solstice class ships and are pretty much identical throughout, at least until the Revolting is done on Equinox by June 1.

Well, I emailed my Celebrity rep and informed him of the request to move to the Celebrity Suite 1233. If anyones interested a corner aft sky suite just became available! Thanks for the guidance, suggestions and especially the pics of the balcony. Anyone looking for decent deals for Suites should check out the Equinox September 7-13 Sailing. 

This is a video of 1638 on reflection which is the equivalent to 1618 on the other s-class ships. It is one deck higher and rear rather than forward facing. The only worry I would have with 1233 is possible wind while moving. Deck 6 that close to the possible vibration of the azipods might be a problem and the view would not be as good being that much nearer the water, but others may know better

Reflection CS 1638

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Greenymac said:

Anyone looking for decent deals for Suites should check out the Equinox September 7-13 Sailing. 

Although this is only a six night sailing, pricing for a CS was very good on this sailing. Thank you for posting the information. 

We have an S1- 1403 (deck 10) on the Equinox for a Caribbean cruise next spring. I just saw someone posted about this cabin in the S class cabin thread. They mentioned window washing equipment and a pole right by the bed (for pole dancing, perhaps? 😜). What’s up with that?  Is this common in the aft corner rooms? 

We picked this one for the location (cabins above and below) and because it looked a bit bigger on the deck plans than some of the lower deck ones. We love an aft corner in general, but this will be our first Celebrity Cruise and first time in a cabin that is considered a suite. 

We have been cruising with Viking and recently Azamara, so this was actually a bargain with some nice perks. I just hope the pole and window washing equipment won’t be an issue. Should I consider a different room?

20 minutes ago, Cyber Kat said:

We have an S1- 1403 (deck 10) on the Equinox for a Caribbean cruise next spring. I just saw someone posted about this cabin in the S class cabin thread. They mentioned window washing equipment and a pole right by the bed (for pole dancing, perhaps? 😜). What’s up with that?  Is this common in the aft corner rooms? 

We picked this one for the location (cabins above and below) and because it looked a bit bigger on the deck plans than some of the lower deck ones. We love an aft corner in general, but this will be our first Celebrity Cruise and first time in a cabin that is considered a suite. 

We have been cruising with Viking and recently Azamara, so this was actually a bargain with some nice perks. I just hope the pole and window washing equipment won’t be an issue. Should I consider a different room?

Go to YouTube and search "Celebrity Equinox cabin 6305". You will see the poles! When I first booked the cabin, they were an afterthought, but after thinking more and seeing a deal, we moved to a CS. 

22 hours ago, sparkopotamus said:

I *wish* an upgrade to a CS on Edge (we leave on the 15th) was only $800!

=X= wants minimum $1020 PER PERSON.  :classic_ohmy:

Needless to say we are keeping our deck 11 S1 corner aft...

That veranda is huge!!  You're going to have a great time!

Be careful what you wish for!  We just sailed a CS on Edge.  The balcony is narrow compared to the CS on S-Class ships.  The suites are very similar in layout.  Don't get me wrong- the Edge CS is very nice but the balcony was not our favorite part of it.  No lounge chairs.  We would grab a Sunset Veranda on Edge (bigger balcony) at a cheaper price instead of doing another CS on Edge Class.

51 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Be careful what you wish for!  We just sailed a CS on Edge.  The balcony is narrow compared to the CS on S-Class ships.  The suites are very similar in layout.  Don't get me wrong- the Edge CS is very nice but the balcony was not our favorite part of it.  No lounge chairs.  We would grab a Sunset Veranda on Edge (bigger balcony) at a cheaper price instead of doing another CS on Edge Class.

Isn't that the truth?  Edge balconies are so shallow with the exception of the S3s and those along the aft...oh, the amazing Iconic Suite and Edge Villas!  Dare to dream...!:classic_smile:

I was on Edge in Dec in an S1 starboard side.  I don't think there was room for a lounger on the veranda.  S1s corner aft are a different story--very spacious! 

The S-Class verandas are definitely larger overall than those on Edge. 

5 hours ago, Cyber Kat said:

S1 afts on S-Class have the pole on each deck.  Depending on which deck you're on, it's positioned in a different place in the cabin.  We bring a string of battery-operated lights when we're in an S-Class S1 aft and wind them around the pole just for fun.  :classic_tongue:  It's definitely an engineering design, or flaw depending on how you look at it.  These cabins have a really cool round window with a deep sill that I like to curl up and sit in. 

Location is great--it is a tad larger than those below (my parents have been S-Class S1 aft on deck 6 and then on deck 10, and much preferred deck 10's additional space and slightly shorter trek to the aft).  

We once switched our S1 aft upon discovering photos of the window washing equipment but we were on a Caribbean voyage.  On a trip where we aren't out there as much it may not have been such a consideration where we swapped.   

I love the private entry, like a foyer, into the S1 aft area.  Keeps it extra quiet. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sparkopotamus said:

S1 afts on S-Class have the pole on each deck.  Depending on which deck you're on, it's positioned in a different place in the cabin.  We bring a string of battery-operated lights when we're in an S-Class S1 aft and wind them around the pole just for fun.  :classic_tongue:  It's definitely an engineering design, or flaw depending on how you look at it.  These cabins have a really cool round window with a deep sill that I like to curl up and sit in. 

Location is great--it is a tad larger than those below (my parents have been S-Class S1 aft on deck 6 and then on deck 10, and much preferred deck 10's additional space and slightly shorter trek to the aft).  

We once switched our S1 aft upon discovering photos of the window washing equipment but we were on a Caribbean voyage.  On a trip where we aren't out there as much it may not have been such a consideration where we swapped.   

I love the private entry, like a foyer, into the S1 aft area.  Keeps it extra quiet. 

Thanks!  I was thinking of rigging up some kind of reflective tape so we don't walk into it if we get up at night!  Looks like the one is 1403 is very close to the bed - which is really dumb.  But it looks like a nice location and a nice big room, so I'll have to think about it.  We are doing a Caribbean cruise.

53 minutes ago, Cyber Kat said:

Thanks!  I was thinking of rigging up some kind of reflective tape so we don't walk into it if we get up at night!  Looks like the one is 1403 is very close to the bed - which is really dumb.  But it looks like a nice location and a nice big room, so I'll have to think about it.  We are doing a Caribbean cruise.

That one post really close to the bed is what slowly started bothering me, but not enough to change. Once I saw 1233 CS for $800 more though I really had something to think about. Seeing that 1233 balcony sold me. The bed not having Oceanview is a con, but the sectional faces it and also that deep balcony is priceless. Deeper balcony was one thing I was disappointed in on my first cruise on Infinity in Aquaclass. This should rectify that gripe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparkopotamus said:

Isn't that the truth?  Edge balconies are so shallow with the exception of the S3s and those along the aft...oh, the amazing Iconic Suite and Edge Villas!  Dare to dream...!:classic_smile:

I was on Edge in Dec in an S1 starboard side.  I don't think there was room for a lounger on the veranda.  S1s corner aft are a different story--very spacious! 

The S-Class verandas are definitely larger overall than those on Edge. 

We had one on our port side S1 on the Edge and the butler offered to bring a second one - they do fit at an angle. The aft S1 aft balcony was amazing for sure.  🙂

I suspect the poles in the S1 corner afts are there because they have to be....some kind of structural component to the ship.  We've had several friends that have been in S1's and never had any problem with them being in the room.  We still prefer the CS but would take an S1 without any qualms.

• Like 2

We love the S Class S1 aft poles. I have found that you only run into them once....

You can only imagine what a conversation piece it is when you invite friends to visit. I have some great pictures of friends and the pole at some of our wine tasting parties, but I will protect the innocent and not post them. 🍷 😮

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Greenymac said:

Once I saw 1233 CS for $800 more though I really had something to think about. Seeing that 1233 balcony sold me.

Enjoy that huge balcony! Sure you will love it. Hoping a CS drops to my “extra $$” tolerance for our Equinox cruise 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiseLifeIsTheBest said:

Enjoy that huge balcony! Sure you will love it. Hoping a CS drops to my “extra $$” tolerance for our Equinox cruise 😀

If you keep watching I'm sure you'll end up with something more than satisfactory...

The S1 corner aft pole was noticeable on our first day but we got used to it very quickly.  No issue at all for us.  Even at night. The window washing equipment is only on one deck so it is not an issue for most of the corner aft cabins per ship.  But the deck it resides actually varies by ship.  It is not consistent.  So do your homework prior to booking a corner aft if you think it will bother you. Anyway we had it once (on Silhouette) parked to the side of our balcony.  It really did not hinder our enjoyment of the cabin.  The only somewhat obstructed view is if you try to look forward from the corner of the balcony.  But most choose this cabin for the great aft views anyway!

16 hours ago, vtcruising said:

We had one on our port side S1 on the Edge and the butler offered to bring a second one - they do fit at an angle. The aft S1 aft balcony was amazing for sure.  🙂

Sorry, forgot to add photo. I know it is off topic for the OP, but since it was brought up, wanted people to feel free to ask for loungers when in an S1 port or starboard on the Edge.

image.png.97045cdf4fc3ee2ea582d36b9af12ace.png

On 5/8/2019 at 8:00 AM, TeeRick said:

The S1 corner aft pole was noticeable on our first day but we got used to it very quickly.  No issue at all for us.  Even at night. The window washing equipment is only on one deck so it is not an issue for most of the corner aft cabins per ship.  But the deck it resides actually varies by ship.  It is not consistent.  So do your homework prior to booking a corner aft if you think it will bother you. Anyway we had it once (on Silhouette) parked to the side of our balcony.  It really did not hinder our enjoyment of the cabin.  The only somewhat obstructed view is if you try to look forward from the corner of the balcony.  But most choose this cabin for the great aft views anyway!

100% agree with you on all points👍🏻