Overnight Accommodation in Southampton

Chel

Hi ! We are sailing from Southampton on the Silhouette on July 28th 2019. Does anyone have any recommendations of reasonably priced hotels to stay the night before please ? 

Has anyone used a Stay/Park/Cruise offer ? If so your thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks

Cheryl 

If you just want an overnight stay the Holiday Inn is hard to beat. Look for their stay and cruise package which includes parking and breakfast. As long as you haven’t much luggage you can walk to the ship, if not a taxi is included...

If you can manage a pre cruise few days the New Forest is wonderful and has loads of ‘country house hotel’ options some of which include parking and transfers.

Have a fantastic cruise!

• Like 1

I second the Holiday Inn..... you can wake up in the morning and see your ship ! Alas it is showing at £146 for Sat 27 July so it must be pretty much full booked. Jury's is showing at £111 The previously DeVere Harbour now called Leonardo Royal Hotel is there at £118 (I have stayed previously when a Devere and did not have a good experience) It is close to the port though. Ibis budget (does what it says on the box ) is £90. The Ibis £97. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express just outside the city off the Motorway and that is showing £104 - I am not sure whether they do a parking deal or not. 

We have previously booked parking via AB parking which is right at the dock and found them to be very good. 

I have had my hotel booked for next Sept since last Nov and got a price at the Holiday Inn in the £80s - so it does pay to book ahead. 

Hope you get fixed up and have a lovely cruise 🙂 

We've just stayed at the Premier Inn Quayside. I think it was £99.00 for dinner bed and breakfast for the 2 of us. Really friendly hotel, quiet and a stones throw from the docks. We've used AB parking too and have never had a problem.

I have stayed at both the Holiday Inn & the Grand Harbour Hotel but you really do need to book in advance to get the best deals. 

This time I stayed at Chilworth Manor Hotel just outside Southampton - got a great dinner, bed & breakfast deal through the Secret Escapes website & then paid for parking through AB Parking - the hotel does stay, park & cruise deals as well. 

8 hours ago, Chel said:

Hi ! We are sailing from Southampton on the Silhouette on July 28th 2019. Does anyone have any recommendations of reasonably priced hotels to stay the night before please ? 

Has anyone used a Stay/Park/Cruise offer ? If so your thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks

Cheryl 

Staying at the grand harbour hotel. It was cheaper to pay to park at pier rather than use the stay and park option. check prices both ways

Check current hotel review on TripAdvisor before booking.    Although it was 4 years ago, we hated the Holiday Inn.    Our beds were about 30 inches wide and more like camp beds, service in the bar and restaurant was awful and the dining room was absolutely filthy at one breakfast.   Location was great and we enjoyed walking around the area, but I wouldn't stay there again.   

2 hours ago, Kartgv said:

Check current hotel review on TripAdvisor before booking.    Although it was 4 years ago, we hated the Holiday Inn.    Our beds were about 30 inches wide and more like camp beds, service in the bar and restaurant was awful and the dining room was absolutely filthy at one breakfast.   Location was great and we enjoyed walking around the area, but I wouldn't stay there again.   

Our experience (far more recent) was very different. Always best to look at recent trip advisor reviews for up to date information.

Our only criticism was the queue for taxis in the morning and we were still on board just after 11am.

15 hours ago, kikki21 said:

This time I stayed at Chilworth Manor Hotel just outside Southampton - got a great dinner, bed & breakfast deal through the Secret Escapes website & then paid for parking through AB Parking - the hotel does stay, park & cruise deals as well. 

We stayed at Chilworth Manor last year and used their cruise package. We left our car in their car park and used their taxi service to and from the ship. I was rather concerned about how long it would take to get back to the hotel on our return, as my husband was singing in a concert later and we needed to get back to West Yorkshire.

This year we are staying at the Ibis budget which I booked for £70 last September and using ABP to park next to the ship. The total price is similar to the price we paid for Chilworth Manor. The advantage for me is parking close to the ship.

Attached photo is of the outside of Chilworth Manor.

E5D8DF5B-E373-4249-B46D-A5314E97D60B.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

4 hours ago, Kartgv said:

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Our experience (far more recent) was very different. Always best to look at recent trip advisor reviews for up to date information.

Our only criticism was the queue for taxis in the morning and we were still on board just after 11am.

Our recent experience  (last fall) at the Holiday Inn was also better. I posted my comments in the Britain board, at the link below. It was a beautiful morning, and we in fact walked over to the ship.  My comment thread has photos showing how to do that. 

22 hours ago, HelenREMfan said:

I second the Holiday Inn..... you can wake up in the morning and see your ship ! Alas it is showing at £146 for Sat 27 July so it must be pretty much full booked. Jury's is showing at £111 The previously DeVere Harbour now called Leonardo Royal Hotel is there at £118 (I have stayed previously when a Devere and did not have a good experience) It is close to the port though. Ibis budget (does what it says on the box ) is £90. The Ibis £97. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express just outside the city off the Motorway and that is showing £104 - I am not sure whether they do a parking deal or not. 

We have previously booked parking via AB parking which is right at the dock and found them to be very good. 

I have had my hotel booked for next Sept since last Nov and got a price at the Holiday Inn in the £80s - so it does pay to book ahead. 

Hope you get fixed up and have a lovely cruise 🙂 

We stayed at the Holiday Inn and in the morning dragged our luggage from the hotel to the cruise terminal, about 100 yards away.

Past few years when we have sailed from Southampton we have used Ibis Budget, cheap and cheerful with breakfast included, we used the sister hotels to eat or a short walk to numerous good eating places. 

Parking always with APB parking, using their promo codes to get the discounts they offer.

Another vote for the Premier Inn Quayside.  We have stayed there several times, most recently two weeks ago before the Sil Norway sailing for just 69 GBP.  Quiet room, excellent bed, large tub.  There's a mall across the street with several excellent restaurants on the south side, as well as a convenience store next to the hotel with great fresh pastries. It's then an easy walk to the terminal, through the HI parking lot as someone else mentioned.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 5:03 PM, memoak said:

Stayed at the Premier Inn about 6 years ago - thought the rooms were tiny and beds hard  -  poor service overall.  Next year we will stay at the Grand Harbour

Well I hope you get a better room at the Grand Harbour (I think it has changed name and is no longer a De Vere chain member) Our room was at the rear, had too little furniture there for the room size, the function room roof was visible and there was some noise. The bar area had stag or hen party folk in there for the Sat evening and there were quite a few unsupervised children about. On looking out of the window I could see folk in an upper room hanging out of their window to smoke 😞

Not been back. Much prefer the Holiday Inn and for the nicest room and stay Ennui's Boutique hotel is hard to beat - alas it doesn't;t have a lift but the hotel staff were very willing to carry cases up for us. The restaurant is very good too. Nice staff tastefully decorated and furnished rooms. Lovely.

44 minutes ago, HelenREMfan said:

Well I hope you get a better room at the Grand Harbour (I think it has changed name and is no longer a De Vere chain member) Our room was at the rear, had too little furniture there for the room size, the function room roof was visible and there was some noise. The bar area had stag or hen party folk in there for the Sat evening and there were quite a few unsupervised children about. On looking out of the window I could see folk in an upper room hanging out of their window to smoke 😞

Not been back. Much prefer the Holiday Inn and for the nicest room and stay Ennui's Boutique hotel is hard to beat - alas it doesn't;t have a lift but the hotel staff were very willing to carry cases up for us. The restaurant is very good too. Nice staff tastefully decorated and furnished rooms. Lovely.

We will be sailing out of Southampton in late 2020 - will take a look at all suggestions

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much everyone for all the advice. I should have replied ages ago but I'm sorry I forgot.

We have booked into Ellington Lodge at the Concorde in Eastleigh for the night. Looks  nice on the website and has good reviews. We have got Room, Bed and Breakfast x2 for a total of £89. Its also free to park your car overnight.

It is 5 miles from the port and takes 20 mins so easily do-able on the morning of the cruise.

We are parking with AB Parking as it was  so good last year,they are very efficient. You drive in and a van comes and takes your luggage to the ship. Then its just a short walk over to the ship. We had never sailed from Southampton before and we found Southampton Port Authority and Celebrity to be really well organised.

I'll put a review of Ellington Lodge on our return in case it helps others

Chel 

• Like 1