Elite Goodies

denmarks

32 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

They have them in full suites.

Not any more.     On our last four cruises  over the past two years, our suites did not have the nice fluffy ones.    Everyone has complained about the thin waffle ones not fitting, etc.  So, at first, I thought they were the new ones for all cabins but our steward said they are discontinuing the fluffy ones.   I loved them, especially on cooler cruises.   We have done a lot of ship's tours so we have a half dozen still in the plastic in the guest room closet shelf.   I almost brought one along last time.    The new ones really aren't that bad.

7 minutes ago, compozer said:

Not any more.     On our last four cruises  over the past two years, our suites did not have the nice fluffy ones.    Everyone has complained about the thin waffle ones not fitting, etc.  So, at first, I thought they were the new ones for all cabins but our steward said they are discontinuing the fluffy ones.   I loved them, especially on cooler cruises.   We have done a lot of ship's tours so we have a half dozen still in the plastic in the guest room closet shelf.   I almost brought one along last time.    The new ones really aren't that bad.

the robe is still listed as a suite 'perk' on the website ... i'm sure Princess has a disclaimer that all items may not be available for all cruises ... but they will have a very detailed listing from us what was advertised and what actually was.

I and they, hope it is very short list ... or not at all ...

The list says luxury bathrobes.   You could call the new ones that.  As I said, they are nice but not as nice as the old ones.   

You say they are listed on the website.   They may be BUT   I have been on four cruises that have the new ones.     That says more than a posted list

5 minutes ago, compozer said:

The list says luxury bathrobes.   You could call the new ones that.  As I said, they are nice but not as nice as the old ones.   

You say they are listed on the website.   They may be BUT   I have been on four cruises that have the new ones.     That says more than a posted list

My point exactly - update  the website listing ... to what actually is ... not what was ... promise less, deliver more ...

I didn't see anything "fluffy" in evidence anywhere on the ship (around the spa or pools, or in the hallways)... just waffle ones. 

And speaking of cooler cruises, don't they have thick blankets for the outdoor movies or activities on Alaska cruises? The thin flannel ones are useless.  

Their brochure also states full suites get everything club class mini suites get. I asked where are my 2 half bottles of wine. They said that's for club class so I showed them the brochure and asked what part of everything PLUS what they listed for full suites and got my two bottles. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mlgb said:

And speaking of cooler cruises, don't they have thick blankets for the outdoor movies or activities on Alaska cruises? The thin flannel ones are useless.  

I've noticed that on some ships they've replaced the thicker MUTS blankets with the thinner air line versions. 

I suppose the better blankets were being stolen to quickly. 😏

On 5/10/2019 at 4:38 AM, MissP22 said:

I've noticed that on some ships they've replaced the thicker MUTS blankets with the thinner air line versions. 

I suppose the better blankets were being stolen to quickly. 😏

Request an extra bed blanket, useful for movie watching. 

On 5/9/2019 at 8:24 AM, mlgb said:

Anyone can get a bathrobe if you request it when you check in online. Strawberries are in short supply in the buffet, I think I saw them once on my repo cruise this week. Grapes are the new strawberries. You can pluck a tiny bunch off of one of the cheese display plates at dinner. Fruit in general was very mediocre... mostly melons, pineapple, and winter fruit, plus plums. 

My experience has been even if you ask for a bathrobe online, you have to ask again once on board. If you don't constantly ask, it never shows up. It used to be there waiting for you. Maybe it's just the cruises I've been on but that's been the MO the past three cruises. I didn't even bother to ask on the last one and just use my bathing suit cover up instead.

9 hours ago, coopco said:

My experience has been even if you ask for a bathrobe online, you have to ask again once on board. If you don't constantly ask, it never shows up. It used to be there waiting for you. Maybe it's just the cruises I've been on but that's been the MO the past three cruises. I didn't even bother to ask on the last one and just use my bathing suit cover up instead.

It depends on the ship - I have been told on larger ships that they're waiting for them to be washed the first day. Just ask the first evening & you'll get one.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:36 PM, compozer said:

There use to be a sewing kit but we did not get it last time.  And wouldn't you know, I needed it.

I happened to spot these kits on our steward's cart last week on the Royal Princess.  So maybe just ask and ye shall receive.  Or maybe not.  :classic_biggrin:

Edited by beckntom

22 minutes ago, beckntom said:

I happened to spot these kits on our steward's cart last week on the Royal Princess.  So maybe just ask and ye shall receive.  Or maybe not.  :classic_biggrin:

I did ask the steward because I needed to sew a button on.  And he gave me one.   Not sure if it is a elite or suite perk.  We have always stayed in suites so I never really figured out which were which. 

But I am sure they would give anyone that asked one.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, compozer said:

I did ask the steward because I needed to sew a button on.  And he gave me one.   Not sure if it is a elite or suite perk.  We have always stayed in suites so I never really figured out which were which. 

But I am sure they would give anyone that asked one.

The extra elite bathroom amenities are supposed to be what suite passengers get even if not elite.

On 5/10/2019 at 12:05 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

On our last Regal, the elite toiletry kit was not there.  I asked for it and it never came. 

It wasn't on the Majestic last November either, but I will be asking about it in future.