Elite minibar exhange Medallion -coffee cards

sashas_mom

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Were you able to see how many lattes you had left? 

Any server can check that for you.  We used 9 specialty coffees on a 7 day cruise. I don’t care that we didn’t use them all, that’s not the point.  

Just now, sashas_mom said:

Any server can check that for you.  We used 9 specialty coffees on a 7 day cruise. I don’t care that we didn’t use them all, that’s not the point.  

Ok. But it is for me as I ran out on a 16 day cruise as I lost track.  I've been asking over on the medallion thread but no one has the answer. I was hoping you would and cannot send a PM on cruisecritic 

2 minutes ago, sashas_mom said:

You should have treated a few other people on the ship to free coffee. 

Why let them go to waste? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Ok. But it is for me as I ran out on a 16 day cruise as I lost track.  I've been asking over on the medallion thread but no one has the answer. I was hoping you would and cannot send a PM on cruisecritic 

easy enough to ask the barista your number when you order your coffee

that's what I do each night in Vines with the PBP ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MissP22 said:

You should have treated a few other people on the ship to free coffee. 

Why let them go to waste? 

Great idea! I will on my next cruise as it's only 13 nights so possibly only using 26 credits. 🍵

Just out of curiosity, what, if anything, do other cruise lines offer to cruisers who have reached the level of cruising equivalent to Elite on Princess in their staterooms? Do they offer anything like the mini-bar? Are you allowed to trade off what they offer in exchange for something else?  I've not seen anything mentioned by anybody that I can remember and thought I'd ask.

Tom

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 3:11 PM, pms4104 said:

Half the liquor portion or half the water/soda portion for coffee pkg?  Way different values involved.

Agree that coffee pkgs available for purchase should be appropriate to cruise length.  Isn't that what Princess promised when they replaced the paper cards with digital?

Yup.  As a matter of fact, I believe it still says that on the personalizer when you purchase the coffee package, but it still is 15 drinks no matter how long your cruise is.

So  if you trade out the mini bar for a coffee card, is it only loaded on to your account?  I still have several of the old coffee cards, the ones that look like playing cards!  Can I still use those?  We don't drink much coffee, but it is nice to have every once in a while!

16 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I wish I could trade my minibar in for a soda card. Soda is so inexpensive compared to coffee so I’m surprised we’re unable to do this.

You can swap your minibar for sodas on an item per item basis. A soda package is not a practical alternative for the company to provide as you can already receive soda should you choose.

7 minutes ago, dtagirl said:

So  if you trade out the mini bar for a coffee card, is it only loaded on to your account?  I still have several of the old coffee cards, the ones that look like playing cards!  Can I still use those?  We don't drink much coffee, but it is nice to have every once in a while!

If they do not have an expiration date, they expire August 31, 2019

And yes, the coffee 'card' is loaded onto your medallion or cruise card

Edited by Ombud

8 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I wish I could trade my minibar in for a soda card. Soda is so inexpensive compared to coffee so I’m surprised we’re unable to do this.

Write the company and submit it as a suggestion. Come up with some reasons why it would be a good idea. Never can tell, they might accept your idea.  Certainly isn't going to cost you anything to offer the suggestion!

Tom

• Like 1

I'm a bit bemused as to why this is such a problem.  If one's cruise is too short to get full value out of two coffee cards, then the obvious solution is to pay for the coffee on a cup-by-cup basis and trade in the minibar for something else.  It seems like all the discussion about coffee cards takes place in some universe where it is impossible to simply use one's cruise card to purchase the precious liquid. 

Edited by rdsqrl
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Write the company and submit it as a suggestion. Come up with some reasons why it would be a good idea. Never can tell, they might accept your idea.  Certainly isn't going to cost you anything to offer the suggestion!

Tom

Thank you.  I would be willing to bet that soda from the fountain would cost the company a lot less than coffee.