OVATION May 13-24 *LIVE* in ALASKA w/lots of photos

Thanks for the live report Hoopster95, hope you have an amazing time.

DW and I were suppose to be on the previous cruise from Hawaii but had to cancel. Good reason though, we actually won a 9 day trip around Spain and couldn't do both so the free trip won. Will try again next year for Ovation Repo from Hawaii.

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

Michelle on Facebook ordered “inaugural” Ovation in Alaska coins ... I ordered one for $20. Definitely way more beautiful than I thought they would be. Great job Michelle! Thank you 😊 

66D8E186-CB1D-490D-9A86-8016BE9CAFD6.jpeg

5387EBDC-4F4A-4AAC-BD44-09871C76CA5A.jpeg

The coins are a great idea  - we have a family cruise on the Ovation in July.  Could you tell me where you ordered the coins?

BTW, love the pictures and review so far! Thank you.

4 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Q class is superlative to Radiance class for “views” and “glass”, we haven’t even talked about the Solaroum and Two70 yet

While we love Q class we still consider Radiance class as the best overall for views. 

28 minutes ago, nednrom said:

The coins are a great idea  - we have a family cruise on the Ovation in July.  Could you tell me where you ordered the coins?

BTW, love the pictures and review so far! Thank you.

It looks like Cruise Coins, according to the photo. Min. order 50. Link: http://www.cruisecoins.com/

7 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

I wouldn't know without knowing what site 🙂  Hi @twangster - can you either reply here or email me with the site you host on and I can look into this further.  I appreciate it

Not sure how to email you, I'm allowed zero messages per day.  If there is some way to take this offline please let me know.

Thanks.

My view tonight at dinner w/glass of wine, chillin’ aft at WJ...

I strike up a conversation with the Indian chef at the Pan Asian ration of the WJ. We have a laugh... I tell him im almost Indian and a brother from another mother. I said I like my food hot... yikes!! Superb flavour however. Wow, way to go WJ... Mongolian noodle fry, Malaysian eggplant on rice + s&s pork with lots of pineapple/peppers/etc

8D7883AD-2D0E-45FD-8FCF-6142AEE7B706.jpeg

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, singinalot said:

what’s your favorite part of the ship so far? I had really been looking forward to the Ovation until we switched to the greek isles again

Wow, I haven’t enjoyed the whole ship yet... give me a day or so 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

While we love Q class we still consider Radiance class as the best overall for views. 

We differ here... I just walked from the seaplex theifuh to WJ... Views all the way. Radiance views are overstated, you can’t see our from everywhere on the ship... ovation way more view points imho

2 hours ago, drusierdmd said:

What a joke. Chops was full with no option for lunch by 1pm. Jamie's was given as an option or chops tomorrow

That’s really too bad... I figured the key would rear it’s ugkynhead every once in a while. I think the key is genius marketing for RCL to grab more money from  people who would never spend that money in the first place.

2 hours ago, LouTheGlue said:

Thanks for the live report Hoopster95, hope you have an amazing time.

Hey Lou!! So nice that you said hello here on this thread. Great to hear from you.

Folks, LouTheGlue did one Of  the first reviews here on CC from Quantum back in November 2014... stellar review. Great that you’re fillowing along my friend 👍😁

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Southern route just announced by the Captain. Past Victoria and to the Pacific.  No BC inside passage.  

Yep, I figured this... passing Victoria around 2am per Capt Hendrik So not

much to see in the darkness

Edited by Hoopster95

4 minutes ago, NeedsVitaminSea said:

Just watched your sail away! 😎

My buddies across the way on ambleside in NVan waves me off!

31D53A7A-DAFB-47E6-BC42-696482AF0809.png

49F5EE76-C6E0-443D-9C89-3E0A582AD967.png

Lol! I could their red jacket from

my viewpoint top deck

AC9C96CE-0335-4AB8-BD62-EC6ADAD92C0C.jpeg

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 3

Bridge clearance... no problem. After all that doubt I had, This tells me a Panama Canal transit under the BoA is no problem.

Note the funnels fully retracted. Capt says about 6 meter clearance, way more than I expected. However the funnels themselves are prob another 6 meters in height. I’ll take a photo of them

in normal position tomorrow to compare.

50D4EF47-4CEF-4E3B-88C5-64188E87F59E.jpeg

AF51F887-F3F4-4AEA-B1D2-52A027FEE61D.jpeg

640A303C-BD05-462E-8EC2-912ADA628C0A.jpeg

50B8E35F-6474-43ED-9876-87FC39DBA5CA.jpeg

02ACEB8E-C7DE-49AE-BC7C-782F935B8427.jpeg

74ECE542-A59B-4D31-9ED6-E2E2962A1FF4.jpeg

FEF162BE-820E-43C1-9C9B-307B73EB5CD7.jpeg

2B8B272D-1ED8-4FE4-8F51-47CD302FE0A9.jpeg

• Like 3

Seems a bit over the top of all this talk of bridge clearance and “biggest “ ever to be in Vancouver even though NCL Bliss is almost exactly the same size and has more cabins. 

At the Captain’s corner there was talk of the traffic on the bridge being shut down, a fire department fire boat spray down, helicopters covering the arrival- didn’t see any of that. 

Edited by Biker19