Pictures Explorer May 2019

22 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

I also thought the OP was looking specifically for such things, which amounted to 6 or 7 items. Would a few clouded panes of glass spoil a cruise?

The sagging plastic slatted sunbeds ate common, seen them on Indy, Mariner, Freedom.........

I'm not worried ahead of boarding in 10 weeks.

Agree, most that stuff wouldn't bother me either. Long as food, entertainment and customer service was good. Seen glass on the newer ships that way, some due exposure other's due to seal. But just because she's one of the Oldest Royal ship's still doesn't need look like it either. Think they should do more. Was on Explorer's cruise #006 when was new...

Edited by ONECRUISER

7 minutes ago, sisocialworker said:

have you spoken with the hotel director on the ship?  you should and show him/her the pictures....if not speak with the capt.

So you think the HD or captain does not know what his pooldeck looks like?🤔😱

They need pictures?🙄

10 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Seen glass on the newer ships that way, some due exposure other's due to seal. But just because she's one of the Oldest Royal ship's still doesn't need look like it either. Think they should do more. Was on Explorer's cruise #006 when was new...

Well if at least 3-4 windows in the back of the WJ and many around the ship look that way.....you start noticing....never ever noticed this on any other ship!🙄

They were all clouded due to broken seals.....👎

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Well if at least 3-4 windows in the back of the WJ and many around the ship look that way.....you start noticing....never ever noticed this on any other ship!🙄

They were all clouded due to broken seals.....👎

True, haven't seen that many before. Was on Serenade for a 12nite in 2bd/2ba that was old Concierge Lounge, cabin 1054. Had huge wrap around window's and no Balcony. Most of those were similar to your pictures, not as bad but not a one clear. As said they they should do more, as long as they are accessible to repairer while she is in service. I know couple the ships I go on every yr they do the majority of their annual upkeep after returning to Florida from Europe. But if something is worn badly or broken, fix it right away and don't wait...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

They need pictures?🙄

Funny you should mention that. I remember my first 2-3 cruises 25-30yrs ago, the Captain and senior officers would leave Bridge to smoke and stand on deck overlooking the Pool Deck watching the games. Not so PC to do now. But I always was laying out up there and got talk to them couple times...

Edited by ONECRUISER

15 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

As said they they should do more, as long as they are accessible to repairer while she is in service

Totally understand the ones at the back of the WJ are hard to replace....but "inside" windows?

What about lounge-chairs? Not that hard.....

And IMHO the mix of issues shows....we just do not care!🙄

Hope someone in management will at some point - see this is not the way to do business!👍

2 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Totally understand the ones at the back of the WJ are hard to replace....but "inside" windows?

What about lounge-chairs? Not that hard.....

And IMHO the mix of issues shows....we just do not care!🙄

Hope someone in management will at some point - see this is not the way to do business!👍

Agree, I did also say: "But if something is worn badly or broken, fix it right away and don't wait"...

• Like 1

And if they shut down the pool or hot tub for weeks on end to drain it, paint it, and cure it, people would be complaining about the fact that those facilities weren't available to them.  

Complain if it needs paint, complain if it's being painted.... can't win for losing!

2 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

They need pictures?🙄

I'm sure they know...but it is different when a passenger shows them pictures and they know you are posting it....they may address it when it comes back into port...not fixed for your cruise...but they may give you 20% of your fare back towards a new booked cruise

• Like 1

We got off this ship on 29 March before it left on this repositioning that afternoon and can honestly say I saw none of what you have pictured. The windows around the pool deck were spotless, the pools and hot tubs were cleaned all the time and none of the loungers around the pool were broken. They were cleaning pretty much all the time, including in the public toilets. 

• Like 1

We were on the Explorer just recently from Singapore to Barcelona.

I did notice some of these things (the windows in Windjammer for example) , but it did not bother me. Maintenance was being done, pool and hot tubs were closed off for cleaning on a regular base. They even closed the solarium for an evening because they wanted to clean it thoroughly.  

Our stateroom was nice (as always). Ant the staff was very friendly. 

Explorer can use a refurb for sure, I thought it was on the schedule for later this year.

All in all we had a great time!

Edited by Tommmeke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, K9Sixtwo said:

Be interested to see what response RC give to any email... I presume after all the "Harrumphing" someone has written in?

I did. Still waiting for acknowledgement to email. Reckon I might be waiting for quite some time!

Wrote in because sailing on Explorer June 9.

Edited by amber1002

35 minutes ago, amber1002 said:

I did. Still waiting for acknowledgement to email. Reckon I might be waiting for quite some time!

Wrote in because sailing on Explorer June 9.

Ah....keep us posted, sailing on that date as well..