Mid loyalty on NCL.

Elite on Celebrity.

We have been on 50 cruises each one I can 

Name.

Date 

Itinerary. 

Thank you for your resume! 👍

Don't call me - we will call you! 😁

I’m currently on Explorer doing the Norwegian Fjords.

The ship is looking a little tired. Definitely due for her upgrade.

Yes those windows really do look bad, they should replace them before the dry dock. I don’t go in the pool or jacuzzis so have not noticed any wear and tear around the pool decks.  It is not the prettiest ship in the fleet when you compare with the others in terms of artwork and interior decoration.

There are a lot of shops.

The food is great, service excellent. 

Guest Services personnel just wonderful and my cabin attendant friendly and efficient.

The DL & CL concierges are excellent.

The entertainment is the usual production shows with hardworking singers and dancers and bands. There is no Latin dance venue and the nightclub music is just ok. Last night I saw the best show I have ever seen on a RC ship, The Barricade Boys. 

This itinerary is spectacular, the views are breathtaking.

So here is the BUT.

The Officers are ‘INVISIBLE’ seriously it is quite noticeable, guess they are hiding from the moaners and groaners.

The Captain did not even attend the Top Tier/Welcome Back event.

I am not a fan of the CD at all and there is a not a happy vibe amongst his activities staff.

I am in the company of wonderful cruising friends, we are having a great time and none of the negatives are spoiling this cruise.

Cheers!

Joan

Dublin Ireland

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have been on Explorer.

We are D+

Elite on Princess.

High loyalty on P&O.

Mid loyalty on NCL.

Elite on Celebrity.

We have been on 50 cruises each one I can 

Name.

Date

Itinerary.

I agreed early in this thread that your photos looked shocking but people have posted since to say the issues were sorted.

Life is short and if you look on the positive side things are always better than being over negative.

Congrats on a great life of experiences.

On your last point...a great life lesson that some folks choose to battle every step of the way.  Their loss and no one else's.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Congrats on a great life of experiences.

On your last point...a great life lesson that some folks choose to battle every step of the way.  Their loss and no one else's.

Thank you.

I agree anyone looking for negatives like the op it is his/her loss when for most of us it's a privilege and joy to be able to cruise and make the most of it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Slainte! said:

Yes those windows really do look bad, they should replace them before the dry dock. I don’t go in the pool or jacuzzis so have not noticed any wear and tear around the pool decks.  It is not the prettiest ship in the fleet when you compare with the others in terms of artwork and interior decoration.

Guest Services personnel just wonderful and my cabin attendant friendly and efficient.

The entertainment is the usual production shows with hardworking singers and dancers and bands. There is no Latin dance venue and the nightclub music is just ok. Last night I saw the best show I have ever seen on a RC ship, The Barricade Boys. 

So here is the BUT.

The Officers are ‘INVISIBLE’ seriously it is quite noticeable, guess they are hiding from the moaners and groaners.

I am not a fan of the CD at all and there is a not a happy vibe amongst his activities staff.

I am in the company of wonderful cruising friends, we are having a great time and none of the negatives are spoiling this cruise.

Cheers!

Joan

Dublin Ireland

What a fantastic post.

It's brilliant to hear people having a marvelous time and not letting a few not so good things spoil their cruise.

Graham.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

What a fantastic post.

It's brilliant to hear people having a marvelous time and not letting a few not so good things spoil their cruise.

Graham.

Some people can easily make lemonade from lemons.

A few others just like to suck on lemons. 🤢

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slainte! said:

So here is the BUT.

Cheers!

Joan

Dublin Ireland

I'm with Graham on this one. So a little tired ( hence the upcoming drydock refurb) those pesky windows need attention....not sure the artwork gets changed during the drydock though. 

A great positive attitude, delighted that the food staff and service are all good. Not especially bothered about invisible officers, and the CD will change before we board in 6 weeks time!

I hear the ocean calling...........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

the CD will change before we board in 6 weeks time!

And you are going to have the brilliant Clo O’Connor, Irish, full of personality and a great sense of humour....ahem!

I’m wishing you and all who sail on Explorer a fabulous cruise, just like I have had this week.

Cheers!

Joan

Dublin Ireland

Always a Ship on the Horizon......

Edited by Slainte!
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, sisocialworker said:

anyone currently on the ship, love to see updated pic's of fixes or problems...this is "cruise critic"

You really are determined to find fault before you set foot on board aren't you?

You have seen pics of the blown glass windows - you cannot miss one as you leave the WJ - will this be replaced over the next few weeks - I doubt it very much - will it ruin your cruise - No.

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, little britain said:

You really are determined to find fault before you set foot on board aren't you?

You have seen pics of the blown glass windows - you cannot miss one as you leave the WJ - will this be replaced over the next few weeks - I doubt it very much - will it ruin your cruise - No.

just looking for an accurate picture of the ship condition as my sail time gets closer.....I sail in dec. so maybe once it gets to USA they will fix and shine everything

1 hour ago, sisocialworker said:

just looking for an accurate picture of the ship condition as my sail time gets closer.....I sail in dec. so maybe once it gets to USA they will fix and shine everything

I'm on her after Thanksgiving, I'll give you some pics then.  

I just booked Explorer for this August.  It was a great deal and I know I would not have got such a good deal if it were one of the bigger newer ships.  At the end of the day you pay for what you get and I can live with chipped paintwork and the odd blown window, as long the ship is clean I'll be ok with it.  I noticed similar maintenance issues when we were on Navigator last year, it was just before her re-fit and I expect we will find Explorer in a similar condition.  Yes, I was disappointed at the time but this time round I know what to expect.   They were bringing new loungers onto Navigator when we were on it but we never got to sit on one.  They were all round the back, stacked and stored in cellophane ready for the re-fit.  

Edited by livylotte

3 minutes ago, Bloodgem said:

What no ice bucket 😀

That's what I thought but I put it in the fridge for later as we had free champagne on the Royal Promenade on embarkation.

P&O always put our champagne in ice.

IMG_20181201_133404.jpg

IMG_20180824_132503.jpg