Pictures Explorer May 2019

On 5/13/2019 at 2:54 PM, K9Sixtwo said:

Ah....keep us posted, sailing on that date as well..

This is the reply I got from Royal Caribbean today. Let’s hope they keep to their word.

“Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your concerns.

We reviewed your report and pictures with the pertinent management personnel who explained that maintenance is an ongoing process, confirmed that the photographs shared do not represent the overall condition of the ship, some of the items pointed out have been taken care off, others are planned for and will be done.

Thank you for sharing your observations with us. We assure you we are always finding ways to enhance our guests' vacation experience. We look forward to welcome you onboard Explorer of the Seas next month. “

• Like 1

Pool got painted Wednesday. I haven't seen more than one punctured window. I haven't seen any broken chairs. 

All in all: nothing wrong with this ship. As pleasant as ever. Very happy with (also) this cruise. 

• Like 3

On 5/14/2019 at 9:40 AM, sisocialworker said:

letter writing helped...

I seriously doubt that. Those supplies were likely ordered long ago.  Heck the OP may have knew that, but omitted it from his post to promote his agenda.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I seriously doubt that. Those supplies were likely ordered long ago.  Heck the OP may have knew that, but omitted it from his post to promote his agenda.

It was good to see everything being put right.

Some of his pictures were eye-Opening.

Its good to hear the hot tubs and pool have been painted... but what about the movie screen???

Granted, they always tend to show 'candid camera' or 'Just for Laughs' on repeat,  but large areas of black tiles are unacceptable.

IMG_20190502_120026_1_thumb_jpg_fcfa3f78beceaf040d576ca9be0a6b7a.jpg.fae5d47a7504dfcb28ae8b40e532819d.jpg

We are boarding (our fourth time on EX) with several 'first time' cruisers this Friday and the pictures at the start of this thread filled us with dismay.

Edited by icsys

9 minutes ago, icsys said:

Its good to hear the hot tubs and pool have been painted... but what about the movie screen???

Granted, they always tend to show 'candid camera' or 'Just for Laughs' on repeat,  but large areas of black tiles are unacceptable.

IMG_20190502_120026_1_thumb_jpg_fcfa3f78beceaf040d576ca9be0a6b7a.jpg.fae5d47a7504dfcb28ae8b40e532819d.jpg

We are boarding (our fourth time on EX) with several 'first time' cruisers this Friday and the pictures at the start of this thread filled us with dismay.

Nothing wrong, AFAICS

In fact, I can't find as much as ONE missing pixel. 

DSC_1866.JPG

Edited by ditmar2007

I was on explorer from 29th March last for 2 weeks.   80% of promenade deck chairs were changed while I was on board.  There were also new sunbeds on the pool deck -  the new ones in general were under cover in the shade.    So there were 2 types around the pool, the new sunbeds at the back and the older ones which were closer to the pool and they were the ones photographed.

However, I did think the lounge chairs in the Diamond Lounge were looking well worn - perhaps they will be changed soon.

On 5/12/2019 at 7:55 AM, peterhof said:

Explorer has been sailing for months in extremely hot climates, calling at ports where new supplies of sun beds and double glazed large panels are not available.

After leaving Dubai for the transit through the Suez Canal, there were many sea days when certain maintenance jobs could not be carried out, normally done during the early 'am' hours. That was because after leaving Oman waters, passing Aden and entering hostile known pirate waters, past Somalia and Yemen, (where this a war going on) and then cruising past Saudi Arabia, on the way to the Suez Canal, the ship was obliged to be at full alert for pirates and unlit at night.

Was on Mariner Dubai to Barcelona, Don't remember seeing any such maintenance or cleaning problems while enduring the pirate alert before entering the Red Sea. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

LOL so you take a picture from the best kept hot tub and deny the other pictures?🙄

Or one could say that you took a picture of the worst kept one and left out all the perfectly fine hot tubs on the rest of the deck.....

• Like 4

Just now, KG1924 said:

Or one could say that you took a picture of the worst kept one and left out all the perfectly fine hot tubs on the rest of the deck.....

Which are perfectly kept?

I clearly took pictures of the 2 main hot tubs on the pool deck!👍😱

If would have checked the background you would know that.....🙄

5 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Which are perfectly kept?

I clearly took pictures of the 2 main hot tubs on the pool deck!👍😱

If would have checked the background you would know that.....🙄

Wow, you are really up in arms about this....did you address it while on board? You do realize that posting on here doesn't do much other then make others panic that they're booked on a decrepit, dinky ship? I was not on the ship but you showed a couple areas only of a 130k ton ship that is almost 20 years old. If you're looking for perfection then I would think you're sailing the wrong cruise line.

And I'm confused...isn't the more recent picture of one of the main hot tubs?

Edited by KG1924

9 minutes ago, KG1924 said:

If you're looking for perfection then I would think you're sailing the wrong cruise line.

Non of the other 9 RCI ships that we know was EVER even close so be run down as bad! People should know that Explorer is really old and dinky in my places at this point i only took pictures of some of the places....there are sure A LOT more places that are OLD but not as torn as the pictures I took...🙄

9 minutes ago, KG1924 said:

And I'm confused...isn't the more recent picture of one of the main hot tubs?

No it is a rather small tub off to the side of the other pool - not used that much....and apperantly not as old either - they seem to have replaced that one.......👍

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

26 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

The OP really seems to have a down on this ship, despite the issues he sought out having been identified by subsequent guests as being addressed.

Only very few of them......and the pictures are just some examples....at this point Explorer is not up to RCI standards - most problems can not be adressed until drydock.

Pools, hot tubs and the WJ and other things on the ship will stay old and torn until then!😱

I can only recommend to stay away until after drydock - if you want normal RCI quality - without the old and worn feeling - and not the low "light" version of what RCI can offer to you....🙄

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik