Benefits of AquaClass?

CruzinfromFL

We are booked in a verandah cabin for an Alaska cruise on Millennium in May 2020. I was doing a mock booking to check on prices and see if there were any drops and decided to see what the cost of an AquaClass cabin would be. It looks like it would only be about $50 more pp to upgrade. Our current cabin and the mock booking cabin are both mid-ship. I will contact my TA to look into this for us. This is the first time we are sailing on Celebrity so I'm wondering what the benefits of AquaClass are. I've seen on here people talk about Blu, and on the X website the cabin/balcony dimensions are larger. What other benefits are there to being in this type of cabin?

Edit: just double checked and realized the lower rate doesn't seem to include the 2 perks we currently have so not the great deal I thought it was.

Edited by CruzinfromFL
update info

4 minutes ago, CruzinfromFL said:

This is the first time we are sailing on Celebrity so I'm wondering what the benefits of AquaClass are. I've seen on here people talk about Blu, and on the X website the cabin/balcony dimensions are larger. What other benefits are there to being in this type of cabin?

Persian Gardens, 2 extra tier points/day, small bite sized snacks delivered to your room at 3PM each day (previously we left these, but we are just off Eclipse where they were great), bottle of sparkling wine, expanded room service breakfast menu.  Blu is what we like best, but you already know about it.  The shower is nicer.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/17057517_CEL_Concierge_and_Aqua_Class_Amenities.pdf

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

Persian Gardens, 2 extra tier points/day, small bite sized snacks delivered to your room at 3PM each day (previously we left these, but we are just off Eclipse where they were great), bottle of sparkling wine, expanded room service breakfast menu.  Blu is what we like best, but you already know about it.  The shower is nicer.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/17057517_CEL_Concierge_and_Aqua_Class_Amenities.pdf

So there is no soap, shampoo, and conditioner in Aqua cabins?? It is not checked off on the info in the link. 

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

So there is no soap, shampoo, and conditioner in Aqua cabins?? It is not checked off on the info in the link. 

We just sailed in the Aqua cabin. Love the Blu restaurant. The food and service are way better than the main dining room.

There are two bars of soap, one bottle each of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shower gel.

I can't find the extra hair dryer, but one is enough for us. You can choose sparking, white or red wine. Just let your cabin attendant know.

The cabin size for the A1 / A2 on the M class is larger, but just slightly, may not be noticeable. 

Check the price constantly especially closer to sailing. Inventory seems to exceed demand on Alaska cruises lately.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CruzinfromFL said:

We are booked in a verandah cabin for an Alaska cruise on Millennium in May 2020. I was doing a mock booking to check on prices and see if there were any drops and decided to see what the cost of an AquaClass cabin would be. It looks like it would only be about $50 more pp to upgrade. Our current cabin and the mock booking cabin are both mid-ship. I will contact my TA to look into this for us. This is the first time we are sailing on Celebrity so I'm wondering what the benefits of AquaClass are. I've seen on here people talk about Blu, and on the X website the cabin/balcony dimensions are larger. What other benefits are there to being in this type of cabin?

Edit: just double checked and realized the lower rate doesn't seem to include the 2 perks we currently have so not the great deal I thought it was.

It is not a great deal without the two perks.  If the perks are not included, you are actually paying a lot more than the $50 upgrade and not worth it.  

4 hours ago, CruzinfromFL said:

Eating is Blu is nice, but none of the other benefits of Aqua class really amount to much for me.  However most of the Aqua class cabins are in poor locations that more than outweigh the benefits of Blu.  Usually by the time the prices are discounted, the few cabins in decent locations are gone.

Stateroom perks usually include upgraded shower and bath products, nicer robes,, but we prefer the thin ones,  Enhanced room service menu for breakfast,  Daily "brewed" teas, daily afternoon Canapes if you request,  priority boarding (?),   extra Cap Club points per night.  The perks are listed on the X  website..

The Persian Garden on M Class  looks like it has been nicely upgraded and refreshed ( based on photos) , but  still has heated bench seating in the open area , whereas S Class has the loungers.  It  is still an interior location on the ship...compared to S Class which has sea views. There are photos posted  on CC and X website..

Aq Class/BLU  has been our mainstay but has become more crowded and sometimes slower service from the kitchen ( depending on the ship).  We have also read of lines to get in and handing out beepers on some ships at busy times.  The menu is  still very nice and food enjoyable, ( personal taste differs)

You get the same points as Concierge Class guests who seem to be getting more perks lately ( same Cap Club points)..like a concierge, being walked off the ship ( ?), a boarding luncheon...

We are trying something new for our next few  cruises.  Back to the mdr and Specialty dining on Summit m and the Select dining  4 mdr plan on EDGE and APEX.

5 hours ago, keesar said:

It is not a great deal without the two perks.  If the perks are not included, you are actually paying a lot more than the $50 upgrade and not worth it.  

Agreed! So I won't be following up with my TA at this time, but I will watch to see what happens over the next year.

6 hours ago, Michidoeme said:

Were on Silhouette TA in April in Aqua, but never received daily fruits.

Wasn’t the dish with 2 pieces of fruit (normally apples) on the table when you boarded?  We have always had the fruit and ask them to remove it.  If we want fruit we go to the OV and get what we want.

Whereas we always received it during our previous aqua trips, this time it never showed up.

But we could not be bothered to ask for it, as you mentioned fruit (and other food) is plenty on the ship and we do not need anything delivered to the cabin.