PH or RS Unlimited Specialty Dining Question

Lane412000

When booked into one of the these two categories, you are provided with unlimited specialty dining. I have a couple of questions regarding this:

1.  Do you pay the specialty dining charge when eating in a specialty dining restaurant when staying in a PH or RS? Or is it part of the cost of the cabin?

2.  Are you able to order from the specialty dining rooms for room service?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Lane412000 said:

When booked into one of the these two categories, you are provided with unlimited specialty dining. I have a couple of questions regarding this:

1.  Do you pay the specialty dining charge when eating in a specialty dining restaurant when staying in a PH or RS? Or is it part of the cost of the cabin?

Thanks

I was just in a Royal Suite on Reflection and all your specialty dining is no charge to you as it is included in your cruise fare when in a Royal Suite.  You also get two bottles of your choice of Liquor in your room.  We did not use room service so I can't answer you second question.  The Royal suite is so worth it if you can afford it, go for it.

Pat

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Lane412000 said:

Thanks

As stated above, you are not presented with any charges when you dine in the speciality restaurants.

Room service is not offered from specialty restaurants but when we sailed in the PH on the Summit a couple of years ago, our butler did offer us dinner from any restaurant onboard to have in our suite, but we never did take him up on it. We prefer to dine out in th restaurants and in Luminae.

We were on the Silhouette in March in the PH and it was not offered by our butler.

I wouldn’t expect it.

Edited by CruisersTimesThree
  • Like 1

No charge in the speciality restaurants. We tend to ask for the $0 bill so we can add a tip...However, there can be an odd special event meal which can carry an additional charge, they will let you know if you book on one of these nights giving you the option to juggle your booking or pay the extra. We have only seen two such, one in Tuscan and one in Sushi. The Chefs Table is also not included.

Technically no room service from the speciality restaurants or Luminae. Certainly don’t expect it on a regular basis. However, chat with your butler if you want something special one day...We had an Indian banquet arranged that wasn’t on any menu.

If you are visiting the speciality restaurants frequently they tend to go above and beyond in looking after you. We have had our Murano cheese course taken to our room to enjoy later and had special meals cooked for us...We always ask politely ‘Would it be possible to....’ giving the butler or the M’D the ability to politely say no on the odd occasion we have wanted something special. Whenever we have requested something different or unusual we have always requested at least one day before. We are very aware how busy butlers and restaurants are.

We love the speciality dining perk...Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

I'm curious.  If you are in the PH or RS and the specialty restaurants are included, would they charge you for the Extra cost steak in Tuscan if you chose to order it?

Yes, they do...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philpcruiser said:

I'm curious.  If you are in the PH or RS and the specialty restaurants are included, would they charge you for the Extra cost steak in Tuscan if you chose to order it?

last time we ate in Tuscan we were in a RS.  The Maitre'D made a point that "even the penthouse suite has to pay for the extra cost items".  My wife ordered an extra cost steak, but it was not good (fatty/tough).   It was removed from the bill.  That was our 2nd poor experience on Tuscan.  We really like Silk Harvest, sad to see it being replaced.

That said, the RS is a great experience if it is in your budget.  If you like Indian food, I recommend asking the butler for a special meal in your room.  Hopefully they can accommodate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nachosdelux said:

last time we ate in Tuscan we were in a RS.  The Maitre'D made a point that "even the penthouse suite has to pay for the extra cost items".  My wife ordered an extra cost steak, but it was not good (fatty/tough).   It was removed from the bill.  That was our 2nd poor experience on Tuscan.

That said, the RS is a great experience if it is in your budget.

Interesting.  We had the fillet mignon in Tuscan several times and were more than happy with it.  So, I don't see the need for an upcharge steak which may or may not be worth the extra $$$.  

Warning:  Don't sail in the PH.  You'll never want to go RS again.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

Interesting.  We had the fillet mignon in Tuscan several times and were more than happy with it.  So, I don't see the need for an upcharge steak which may or may not be worth the extra $$$.  

Better half loves the fillet mignonette and I love the ribeye...We were not over impressed with the speciality steaks but always good to try new things.

Re PH/RS....We loved the light and space in the S class PH but have absolutely everything we need in the S class RS and happily will book when the price difference is significant. However, on M class the PH is a once experienced hard not to return to experience....I just wish the M class still had a Murano’s equivalent dining option...

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sarasotascott said:

You can place a delivery order from Sushi on 5 any time they are open.  Really good for a late night snack!

Never thought of doing this...What a great idea! Is the full menu available as a take-away delivery? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Never thought of doing this...What a great idea! Is the full menu available as a take-away delivery? 

Not quite the full menu but quite a good assortment of rolls, nigiri, sashimi, etc.  The menu is on the TV and you may get one from the restaurant. There is a $35 limit per person when you order.  I would call downstairs and order over the phone and the deliver was usually with 15-25 minutes.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sarasotascott said:

Not quite the full menu but quite a good assortment of rolls, nigiri, sashimi, etc.  The menu is on the TV and you may get one from the restaurant. There is a $35 limit per person when you order.  I would call downstairs and order over the phone and the deliver was usually with 15-25 minutes.

Just to confirm, this is included with RS/PH?

After all our cruises just always something new to find out!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Just to confirm, this is included with RS/PH?

After all our cruises just always something new to find out!

Yes included with RS/PH at no charge.  They even bring chop sticks, soy, wasabi, ginger...it does not get any better than that!!

• Like 1

If you are on eat Reflection or Silhouette, do not forget the included lunches in the Porch any day or the occasionally Lawn Grill Lunch.

All included.  Also unlimited Gelato.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

If you are on eat Reflection or Silhouette, do not forget the included lunches in the Porch any day or the occasionally Lawn Grill Lunch.

We loved sea day lunches in the Porch...

I wish you hadn’t mentioned the Gelato....another venue we haven’t made use of! Too many temptations....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sarasotascott said:

Yes included with RS/PH at no charge.  They even bring chop sticks, soy, wasabi, ginger...it does not get any better than that!!

I can see us making use of this in September....We often dine early then enjoy a snack left by the butler late at night on the balcony, this offers another option.

We have only ever visited Sushi for an odd lunch. Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

Too late.....laughing.....already booked PH on Summit in February 2020.  You should have warned me sooner.....just kidding.....thanks

I think at least some of the meals in luminae is better than specialty restaurants and service is also better . Really looking forward to first royal suite, next year but will eat at least a couple of dinners in luminae. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jagoffee said:

We were in the Silhouette PH in March and did decide to indulge in lunch in both of these venues. The lobster roll was a nice change from our usual lunch and the burgers in the Lawn Club Grill were oh so good!

In fact LCG became one of my favorite speciality restaurants on this trip!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, George C said:

I think at least some of the meals in luminae is better than specialty restaurants and service is also better . Really looking forward to first royal suite, next year but will eat at least a couple of dinners in luminae. 

my wife and I feel the same way.  Luminae is the best food and service on the ship, in our opinions.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chemmo said:

I can see us making use of this in September....We often dine early then enjoy a snack left by the butler late at night on the balcony, this offers another option.

We have only ever visited Sushi for an odd lunch. Thanks for the advice!

We are on the same cruise in a CS, but now I'm seriously considering upgrading to a RS to take advantage of the complimentary specialty dining, but it's hard to justify when we can eat most meals in Luminae...