Name on 'E tickets'

emam

How do you add a middle name to cp for the main person. Mine isn't showing. The TA added it when we were there but I can't see it. I also rang up TA and a different person said it was on. It is not on my e-ticket, but is on my passport.

6 hours ago, emam said:

How do you add a middle name to cp for the main person. Mine isn't showing. The TA added it when we were there but I can't see it. I also rang up TA and a different person said it was on. It is not on my e-ticket, but is on my passport.

I had the some problem last year, although I didn’t book through a TA but direct with PandO. I simply phoned PandO and they added my middle name. I suspect you may need to do this by getting your TA to make the change though. Be aware that PandO do state that the name on the booking must be EXACTLY the same as on the passport, so it is quite important. I’m sure other people who use TA’s will give you their experience in due course.

Les.

31 minutes ago, Mysticalmother said:

My middle name has never appeared on my e-ticket, or on CP, despite both my TA and P&O having been given this information.

I have never been refused boarding....

I have just checked on my CP and my eTickets aren't yet available but I feel sure that middle names have never appeared on our eTickets as I have noticed this situation - but like Mysticalmother it's never been queried.  In fact in trying to add a middle name to my CP, it didn't allow me sufficient characters to complete the second name. 

What is very important though is that the Api does have exactly the same names recorded as on your passport as this is the security stage.  Your eTickets are only the preliminary stage to identify you to the check-in staff.

Our middle names have never appeared on our E tickets either, whether we were boarding at Southampton or on a flight.  P&O have your middle name on your passport details as shown on your Cruise Personaliser.  Don't worry.

13 minutes ago, annieuk said:

Our middle names have never appeared on our E tickets either, whether we were boarding at Southampton or on a flight.  P&O have your middle name on your passport details as shown on your Cruise Personaliser.  Don't worry.

Under passport details there's nowhere to put your middle name

Last year we never put middle names and had no problems I know it says add your middle name has anyone gone presently and not put middle name ?

I have just rung PO and they said I need to contact TA to get middle names added, they did look on my Personal details and they have no middle name .

So Brother in law who booked it all has to go in and add our names. Just doing it to make sure didn't make any difference last year.

Thanks for your replies. At time of booking, we cancelled a cruise with Marella and changed it to the P&O one. I told the TA  my middle name which hadn't also been on the previous booking and I had queried that also. However she said she would add the name which as far as I know she did do. It still didn't show though so I phoned up and was told it's not needed. I told her the paperwork said it is and she said she would add it. Again this did not happen, so I thought I might have been able to do it myself.

Even though some of you might have gotten on without the name being there for my peace of mind I had to have it added. I have phoned again this morning and was told the same thing that it's not needed. When I told her the paperwork said it is she said she would sort it. Five minutes later she rang back and said it was done but could take up to 24 hours to show. This was showing about an hour later when I checked.

What is the Api?

3 minutes ago, emam said:

Thanks for your replies. At time of booking, we cancelled a cruise with Marella and changed it to the P&O one. I told the TA  my middle name which hadn't also been on the previous booking and I had queried that also. However she said she would add the name which as far as I know she did do. It still didn't show though so I phoned up and was told it's not needed. I told her the paperwork said it is and she said she would add it. Again this did not happen, so I thought I might have been able to do it myself.

Even though some of you might have gotten on without the name being there for my peace of mind I had to have it added. I have phoned again this morning and was told the same thing that it's not needed. When I told her the paperwork said it is she said she would sort it. Five minutes later she rang back and said it was done but could take up to 24 hours to show. This was showing about an hour later when I checked.

What is the Api?

‘I think if it was me I’d be looking for another TA, you need to be able to rely on these guys to do what they say they’re going to do. Have a good cruise.

Les.

3 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

‘I think if it was me I’d be looking for another TA, you need to be able to rely on these guys to do what they say they’re going to do. Have a good cruise.

Les.

I have figured that, it's not the first time they haven't got things right. The first time we booked the girl broke her leg and went on the sick. She didn't book our coach and it was only by chance and getting near to the cruise that I realised this and phoned up myself. The lady at the coach place said I was lucky to be able to get the two seats. It wasn't her fault for going on the sick and the boss should have sorted it out. It's only the distance that had me going back to them. I will definitely look for another TA after this. Graham recommended one, I will try them if they are still open after being in the news the past couple of days.

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Why on earth does it matter if your middle name isn't there?  Some people don't even have one and I certainly don't use mine even though it's on my passport.

Well as you are more experienced at travelling than we are, it probably doesn't matter to  you. We don't go on loads of holidays and don't want ours to be spoilt for the sake of adding a name to the paperwork, which states must be the same as on your passport.

28 minutes ago, emam said:

What is the Api?

API is advanced passenger information and usually only applies if you are flying. However for departures from Southampton just complete your cruise personaliser before you travel.

Last cruise my middle name didn't show on my e-ticket so I rang P&O to query it and they said that they had a record of my name and not to worry. I have just checked my CP and my middle is there and also shows on my E-ticket this time!

9 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

API is advanced passenger information and usually only applies if you are flying. However for departures from Southampton just complete your cruise personaliser before you travel.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Middle names for flight bookings are not required, in fact in many cases it adds complication as it is surprising the number of people who can't spell their first and last names properly never mind a middle name!

However, if you insist on them being added, they must be spelt correctly but more importantly the title of Mr, Miss, Ms or Mrs must be correct as this is used by airlines to determine gender.

Although my partners middle name was entered at time of booking it does not appear on the confirmation nor in the Cruise Personaliser. However, as we are flying next time with P&O I will contact them in advance to ensure they have a record of it, even if you don't have to have it on an airline ticket.

On 5/16/2019 at 11:23 PM, emam said:

Your passport is the important document , not the e ticket we show for check-in at the cruise terminal. I've never had to add my middle name in over 53 cruises I've taken ( I have four cruises already booked between  219/2020 and still had no need to use my middle name when booking) 

Just to add regarding the e ticket, on two occasions in the last 20 months departing Southampton I wasn't even asked to produce my e ticket , the agents were more eager to see the passport and get on with processing the credit card.