B2B does all the crew stay in same location

Hi All

We have booked our first B2B  looking forward to it two 13 nights to make it 26 nights

Question or the plural

Does the crew stay in the same position, ie will our cabin steward be the same, wait staff in the MDR and Crown grill.

also bar staff....

Also can you book at the crown grill for the next leg of the cruise....

It will be great when everybody finishing their cruise we will be starting another one in the same cabin so no packing needed

Is there anything else we should know about doing, or tips on a B2B

Or is it different ship to ship and location   This will be on the Golden on two out and back cruises starting and ending at the same port ( Melbourne Australia )

Cheers Don

From what I have seen, it is likely your cabin steward will still be in your area, but it is possible that your waiters in the MDR could be moved to another section.

Other tips for B2B (but you might know these already) - You can disembark early or late. The ship is usually 'cleared' by around 10.30 so you can wait until then to disembark. You can be first back on board, or spend some time in Melbourne before boarding again. Another tip - usually you would not have to do the lifeboat drill if your cruise is within 30 days (as your's will be ).

Edited by Aus Traveller

Thanks Aus Traveller...

As we live in Melbourne.. not that interested in being off the ship, so will be a short as possible...

Might go to the shop near Station Pier if we need anything.....

Missing a second muster drill would be nice.....

Also we can be the first in MDR for lunch

Cheers Don   

Anything can happen.

One time - they switched all dining staff around on a 2nd cruise because there was a large group of a certain nationality coming onboard. Anyone who spoke that language was re-assigned to that dining room.

I have also had rooms stewards re-assigned. I have also had everything stay the same.

Room stewards and dining room staff may be reassigned. You can ask them close to the end of the first cruise - they may know. If you are planning on giving personal gratuities (and no, I don't want to discuss whether you should or shouldn't), it would be a good idea to give them at the end of the first cruise unless you have confirmed they are not moving.

The DINE line may not take the Crown Grill reservation for the second half, but the head waiter in the Crown Grill may be able to arrange it - ask him.

There are few things nicer than relaxing watching all of the other passengers hurry to leave the ship while looking forward to more time onboard. It is also nice sitting in a hot tub with a drink in your hand as everyone else goes to the muster drill (but you have to get the drink before the drill since all of the bars are closed for the drill).

3 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi All

We have booked our first B2B  looking forward to it two 13 nights to make it 26 nights

Question or the plural

Does the crew stay in the same position, ie will our cabin steward be the same, wait staff in the MDR and Crown grill.

also bar staff....

We always have had the same cabin steward on b2b2b's. The only exception is if the cabin steward's contract ends. We ask when we first board if he/she will be on board for the entire time we are.

Wait staff can change. Waiters leave when there contract is up. Waiters rotate between anytime dining, traditional dining and the buffet. You table may even change if you have traditional dining.

Bar staff tend to stay in the same assignments. 

Also can you book at the crown grill for the next leg of the cruise....

Maybe, just go there and ask.

It will be great when everybody finishing their cruise we will be starting another one in the same cabin so no packing needed

Is there anything else we should know about doing, or tips on a B2B

Or is it different ship to ship and location   This will be on the Golden on two out and back cruises starting and ending at the same port ( Melbourne Australia )

Pace yourself. Don't try to do everything during the 1st voyage. Production shows will repeat. Guest entertainers will probably also repeat on your b2b, but some may be different. If you like trivia ask if the questions will be the same. The staff tends to rotate their questions from cruise to cruise. Your on board folio rolls over, you get one final invoice when you disembark. You probably will receive one cruise card for the entire time you are on board. On turn around day most venues close between 9:30 and 11am, and probably no room service. Exception is probably the International Cafe. On your repeat itinerary I expect there will not be many b2b'ers. On turn around day you are free to leave the ship for re-supply or anything else. You can bring on another 1 x 750ml/pp of wine if you like. Check to see if there are any special procedures if you leave the ship. I am not familiar with the process in Melbourne. 

Cheers Don

See above

We did a B2B on Royal Caribbean..not sure if it will be the same but some staff stayed 'in situ' whilst others moved positions...our waiter in buffet explained she was moving to Room service and at the first port on second cruise, when we had room service breakfast, she delivered it !

We did a 14 day cruise followed by two 7 day cruises, all back to back,  aboard the Caribbean Princess early this year.  Our cabin steward changed because of the end of the first steward's contract.  

We had Club Class dining and our wait staff moved to the adjacent section when the each new cruise began.  We simply asked that we be seated in what ever section they were in and had no problem.

Trivia is boring the second leg, if they don't change the questions.  Even though you will know all the answers and can amaze everyone with the breadth and scope of your knowledge!!  So I went to other activities on the second leg.  

If I don't need to change cabins, I have usually had the same cabin steward for both legs.

I have sometimes asked to keep the same table/staff in the dining room (Traditional), but I have sometimes asked to change stations, depending on how happy I've been with the staff.  I always discuss this with the Maitre D' at the end of the first leg.

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished 14 days on the Emerald in the Caribbean. This itinerary is sold as 7, 14, or 21 days from Barcelona to Rome to Athens to Barcelona and continuing. It was unusual for me because it seemed that most passengers were on for 14 or 21 days with about half of the passengers changing every 7 days.

We had the same room steward both weeks. We had anytime dining, so I can't speak about the waiters. But I can speak about some of the most important people on the ship - the bartenders😊. One of the two bartenders at Crooners moved to the Wheelhouse for the second week.

We just booked our first B2B2B for late 2020. We have the same cabin for the three legs of the cruise. I will be sure to ask our steward if he/she will be in the same place for the next leg. We have the beverage package for the 2 cruises but may still get off each time in order to purchase more wine for the cabin. Then again we may not. Only time will tell. :classic_cool: