VOOM Surf prices (is there a Diamond Plus deal?)

We are cruising on the Allure with my dad who is Diamond Plus (two cabins- me & hubby, Dad and my 14 year old); I am doing all the planning that my mom always used to do. 

Last I read, D+ now gets 2 days of free internet.  If my dad books a VOOM package, are there any coupons loaded on the SeaPass card?  Is it just cheaper to book now online or is there ever a better sale online?  The current deal if I book now is VOOM Surf for 4 devices @ $44.17 (15% off onboard prices) a day or 2 @ $26.98 (10% off onboard prices).   

Thank you!

1 minute ago, karen_g said:

not to hijack the thread, but ...

Bob, do you know the internet perks for just Plain Old Diamond?

Karen

It's 1/2 of Diamond Plus.  One free 24-hour period OR $23 off a package.

I'm D+ and always purchase the VOOM package online before the cruise during one of the "sales".  Usually get it for $11.99/day for one device, cheaper than buying it onboard if you want it for the duration of the cruise.  You can log out and let someone else use it on a different device.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:27 PM, Host Clarea said:

It's 1/2 of Diamond Plus.  One free 24-hour period OR $23 off a package.

what does the package cost on board (We are on Mariner next weekend)? Trying to decide whether to buy it online ahead of time or onboard with the $23 discount.

Need it on 4 devices total (1 for each of our party of 4). 3 of us are diamond members. Any suggestions on how we should buy what we need?

Cruise planner is showing 1 device at $14.99, 2 at $24.99, 3 at $29.49 and 4 devices at $33.99 per day

Edited by lsfla
incomplete post

Does everyone really need their own package? You can buy a package for 1 person and 4 people share a code. Or you can by a 2 device package and 2 people share an access code. The people sharing just can't be logged on at the same time. Truly, we just usually use our 2 free D+ days at the end of the cruise. 

Edited by Coralc

Do you really need 1 device per person?

Will your data roaming not cover some of the ports?

Remember that’s on RCI the price of the package will drop each day as the cruise progresses. I have logged in and bought my package at 5 past midnight to secure the package at $12.99 cheaper than 6 minutes earlier lol!!  

So your 2 days D+ free Wi-fi will cover 3 days if you time it right! 

6CFF2732-A99A-4483-AD34-E6285E74A4A5.jpeg

Edited by little britain

33 minutes ago, little britain said:

Do you really need 1 device per person?

Will your data roaming not cover some of the ports?

Remember that’s on RCI the price of the package will drop each day as the cruise progresses. I have logged in and bought my package at 5 past midnight to secure the package at $12.99 cheaper than 6 minutes earlier lol!!  

So your 2 days D+ free Wi-fi will cover 3 days if you time it right! 

Can you please break this down again still a little confused.  really interested as I am Diamond plus. thanks

5 minutes ago, mondsd said:

Can you please break this down again still a little confused.  really interested as I am Diamond plus. thanks

Ok 7n cruise the Wi-fi is (as an example) 13.99pd x7 = 97.93.

apply your D+ coupon to get 39 off makes it 58.93

next day there are 6 days left so the package is now 13.99 x6 = 83.94

apply your D+ coupon to get 39 off makes it 44.94

next day there are 5 days left so the package is now 13.99 x5 = 69.95

apply your D+ coupon to get 39 off makes it 39.95

etc etc

Wifi costs and D+ coupon value vary a little but this should give you a good idea.

However as there is only one D+ person in your group you will need to decide what works best for you.

Sadly you cannot apply the D+ discount to packages bought beforehand in your planner and sometimes the Planner may have a sale which negates the value of the D+ discount when you do the math...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Voom and stream if purchased onboard is usually $19.99 day.  Some reports are $23 a day.

If you buy only a 24 hr package it's $23 (Surf), but if you buy for the entire voyage it's $20/day (Stream).