Hemp Oil

Muumuu

Carnival has placed CBD Oil on their prohibited list. It doesn’t matter what your State says or the USA says. You get caught or if a foreign country boards and finds it and you may be enjoying their hospitality for an unlimited time.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, coevan said:

That is last thing you want to do. I don't know why everyone talks about other countries, you are not taking it off the ship. I really think it's a non issue in your bathroom bag. It's sold on Amazon. If you want transfer it to an unmarked squeeze bottle. 

The OP asked if it was legal to bring on the ship. Best people to ask would be the ones who own the ship, not a bunch of random strangers on the internet. OP doesn't have to give their name either. Just get the answer and hang up. If Carnival says no, the OP can decide from there whether it's worth the risk. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruisin Dave said:

Carnival has placed CBD Oil on their prohibited list. It doesn’t matter what your State says or the USA says. You get caught or if a foreign country boards and finds it and you may be enjoying their hospitality for an unlimited time.  

Yeah...not worried at all.     You really think some foreign country is going to board the ship and search your cabin for some tiny bottle of oil/cream?  Then lock you up?    Dream on....

4 hours ago, Cruisin Dave said:

Carnival has placed CBD Oil on their prohibited list. It doesn’t matter what your State says or the USA says.

If you ask me, that’s where the discussion should end. It’s a prohibited item. But some people respect and follow the rules, some don’t. What gets me is, the ones who look the other way when people are smuggling prohibited items on board, but will gripe till the cows come home when they see a hat, T-shirt, or sandals in the MDR. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, coevan said:

I would consider myself a frequent cruiser at 15. No one is going to jail for Hemp oil, relax. 

I am sure if they end up in jail in the Bahamas they will thank you for your response. Question was I think was can you legally take it, not can you take it if you do not get caught

not everyone is that paranoid, why on earth would they board a ship and search people's medicine cabinets? I have never seen foreign police board a ship, in U.S. yes. I believe people making comments like this do not understand it's a cream or oil, like Icy Hot. 

Greatest likelyhood is surely nothing would happen. The question was can you legally take Hemp oil on, not can you take it on if you do not get caught

you sure?  What probable cause would they have to search, none. 

Border agents, at least in the US, don't need probable cause to search. Yes, it may be a very rare occurrence that it be discovered or that something is done about it but DW doesn't need it that badly to even take that small risk.

• Like 2

• Any illegal narcotics/drugs including synthetic, designer drugs, Cannabidiol (CBD) and medical marijuana

This is an interesting discussion.  The above is from the Carnival website.  Now the questions becomes:  is the CBD oil being brought on board an illegal narcotic drug?  No and yes, and kind of depends.  Federal and state laws and policies are in flux and probably will be for a while.  In some states you can buy it at a video store, and it will soon be available at Walmart.  Federally, while largely legal, there's still some ambiguity here and there, especially in regards to components being in conflicting classifications.  Carnival will probably play it safe with its official policy until the ambiguity is cleared up.  That will take a while.

I've got some research to do.. I use CBD daily. It contains no THC. A K-9 officer did not hit on it in the past..he's training is mostly in detecting illegal substances (Before anyone asks, my husband is a first responder and we have numerous LEOs as friends/family). I cannot imagine a week without it, its such a major part of my health and well-being :( 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cruisin Dave said:

Per Carnival FAQ, CBD OIL or Hemp Oil is prohibited. Just because the State you live in approves its use doesn’t mean you will not be searched and allowed to bring it on. Texas currently prohibit the sale of CBD OIL. BTW, CBD Oil is produced from the hemp plant that is in the same family as marijuana. This hemp plant has very little THC that causes the high that marijuana produces.

Well, I just read the FAQ and that's NOT what it said. 

Hemp oil is NOT CBD oil, they are 2 different animals. CBD is prohibited, but there is NO MENTION of hemp being prohibited as you stated. They are both made from hemp, but from different parts of the plant. From what I understand, the hemp oil comes from the seeds + does not have the THC found in CBD oil.

6 minutes ago, coevan said:

because it has no marijuana odor, nothing to smell

I'm aware of that. Some CBD oils can contain terpenes that the K-9 has been trained to detect. I was simply saying that my oil does not contain them.

2 hours ago, BellaSweet said:

I've got some research to do.. I use CBD daily. It contains no THC. A K-9 officer did not hit on it in the past..he's training is mostly in detecting illegal substances (Before anyone asks, my husband is a first responder and we have numerous LEOs as friends/family). I cannot imagine a week without it, its such a major part of my health and well-being 😞

As of right now, CBD is on Carnival's prohibited list, so if you decide to take it, you're doing so against their policy. Would they find it? Probably not. So at that point, it becomes a personal choice to abide by their rules or not. 

As far as drug-sniffing K-9's, they can detect anything. They only need be trained.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

As of right now, CBD is on Carnival's prohibited list, so if you decide to take it, you're doing so against their policy. Would they find it? Probably not. So at that point, it becomes a personal choice to abide by their rules or not. 

As far as drug-sniffing K-9's, they can detect anything. They only need be trained.

Yup, and I keep reading CBD oil contains no THC. Well, if yours doesn't, you're getting ripped off. Hemp oil contains no THC, CBD oil does, but only .3% or it can't be sold over the counter. Certainly it's the small amount of THC that landed CBD on the prohibited list and the lack of THC in hemp oil explains why it's NOT listed.

I had never heard of hemp oil but it seem clear that hemp oil is on the prohibited but many people are saying this does not matter. Where are all the honest joes who would never share a Cheer's drink?  Isn't that prohibited?  

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 4:26 AM, Muumuu said:

is it allowed ?

anyone with experience cruising with it ?

Story on NBC right now. Two Grandmothers arrested when  CBD oil found on them. One at Disney World One at airport. It is illegal if found on you. I guess the dog . so that found it in airport did not know he could not. Both cases were dropped but it is illegal. 

• Like 1

We were on a recent cruise with a stop in Cozumel. Coming back to our cabin, we were surprised to see some drug dogs with their Mexican handlers making the rounds. One dog alerted at a cabin and the officer recorded the cabin number. They did not go into the cabin. Never did see what happened if anything.