Can I still use old coffee cards?

Pjran

1 minute ago, Pjran said:

I have some old coffee cards, can I still use these on our cruise next month? 

Please let me know, thanks.

Pj

If they have an expiration date that applies; if none they expire on 8/31/19.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

If they have an expiration date that applies; if none they expire on 8/31/19.

Thank you.

I'm glad they won’t be wasted as there’s no date on them.

6 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

You can use them till the end of August, then you could try to use them on future cruises if you still have any left.  Not sure the bartender would really turn you down.

the barista 'could' give the coffee / etc. then telling them and keeping the card for no further use

nah ... too controversial for Princess...

2 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

You can use them till the end of August, then you could try to use them on future cruises if you still have any left.  Not sure the bartender would really turn you down.

It will be interesting come September when the next cruising season begins if posters report here being able to use up leftover punches on fall cruises.  Perhaps it will be an unofficial thing.  Who knows?  Only time will tell. 

(We will use what we can in June and then give the rest of the punches away to someone on our ship that is doing another summer cruise).

If I take a cruise next month, I'll be bringing along my soon-to-expire coffee cards. I'll use the punches for the specialty teas since I don't drink coffee (and DH will be staying home) or share them with tablemates and others. I'll make sure every punch gets used even if I have to wait beside the register offering to buy people specialty coffees the last day of the cruise.

My guess would be if the date is within the week of your cruise, you will still be able to use it for the balance of your cruise, especially if you use it earlier in the same cruise.  I really don't think the bar servers are going to turn you away.

10 hours ago, Pjran said:

Thanks for all your replies. Just like to add that none of cards have a date or ship details on the back of them.

That makes no difference come August 31. With or without a date and with or without the ship name, the paper coffee card will no longer be honored on cruises starting after that date..

Just got off the CB this morning.  Had a card from a friend that was completely unused.  They accepted it without question.  Didn't mark an expiration date on it because they all expire August 31.  They made a punch for everything I got because they knew they hadn't sold me that card so it fell under the non-transferable rule.

So brewed coffee, lattes, my wife's cold chai tea latte - punch.   But they did take the card.

My old card has a 'Voyage Date' on it.  It is handwritten and it simply says '713' (there is also a handwritten 'Ship - Regal' on it as well.  I will be going on CB in August 2019).  And I don't even remember what '713' number/date refers to.  Will this card work?  Thanks.

5 minutes ago, WB57 said:

My old card has a 'Voyage Date' on it.  It is handwritten and it simply says '713' (there is also a handwritten 'Ship - Regal' on it as well.  I will be going on CB in August 2019).  And I don't even remember what '713' number/date refers to.  Will this card work?  Thanks.

You can use remaining punches for specialty coffees.  Whether they’ll give you a drip coffee or tea... maybe or, more likely, not.

5 minutes ago, WB57 said:

Lacking an expiration date it’s valid until 8/31/19.

The 713 might be the cruise number or maybe July 2013.