Adult Drink Package? What is it?

hrt4girls

My reservation for a cruise on Breakaway in June says we have 2 adult drink packages.  Is that just another name for the premium drink package?  I selected it as a perk and was wondering what alcohol is included.  Can someone help me out with this?  Thanks!

38 minutes ago, hrt4girls said:

My reservation for a cruise on Breakaway in June says we have 2 adult drink packages.  Is that just another name for the premium drink package?  I selected it as a perk and was wondering what alcohol is included.  Can someone help me out with this?  Thanks!

No it's not the premium drink package. You have the standard drink package that includes quite a bit. However the premium package has more top shelf liquor's to choose from.

You can upgrade  to the premium package on board. I think it's $30-$35 a day more. Not exactly sure if the price is correct though.

Edited by beerman2

41 minutes ago, hrt4girls said:

Yes. This is another name for the Premium Beverage Package. The package pays for the first $15 of each drink. Two drinks at a time. Unlimited number of drinks a day. 

3 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

No it's not the premium drink package. You have the standard drink package that includes quite a bit. However the premium package has more top shelf liquor's to choose from.

You can upgrade  to the premium package on board. I think it's $30-$35 a day more. Not exactly sure if the price is correct though.

Incorrect. That is the Premium Plus Package. 

10 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. This is another name for the Premium Beverage Package. The package pays for the first $15 of each drink. Two drinks at a time. Unlimited number of drinks a day. 

Isn't the premium plus for the drinks that are over 15.00? The regular package is the UBP.

Been a while but I do recall NCL does have a seperate package than what is included as a perk.

And costs extra .

Edited by beerman2

16 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Straight from NCL website.

UBP  $99

PPB (Premiun Plus Beverage) $129.00

Those are if purchased. Perk you are given the UBP, that I'm pretty sure you can upgrade to PPB. For an extra cost.

"UBP" is now "PBP".

"PPBP" is the higher/more expensive package.

For most sailings, the promo is the PBP which works as the UBP did.

NCL still uses the old codes just like they use UDP (old) for the SDP which causes some confusion.

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Straight from NCL website.

UBP  $99

PPB (Premiun Plus Beverage) $129.00

Those are if purchased. Perk you are given the UBP, that I'm pretty sure you can upgrade to PPB. For an extra cost.

So, your original post is INCORRECT

The Premium Beverage Package is the free promo. It is NOT the upgraded top shelf package. This use to be called the Ulitmate Beverage Package. When you bring up your reservation online, it calls it the Adult Beverage Package (which is what was confusing the OP).  

image.png.e1328fc514367d3717b6b21b0c9810f5.png

The Premium PLUS Beverage Package (which is new) has additional liquor selections along with water and specialty coffees. 

Please review the NCL website for correct terminology and a list of liquor included for future posts

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

Edited by BirdTravels

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Premium Beverage Package is the free promo. It is NOT the upgraded top shelf package. This use to be called the Ulitmate Beverage Package. When you bring up your reservation online, it calls it the Adult Beverage Package (which is what was confusing the OP).  

The Premium PLUS Beverage Package (which is new) has additional liquor selections along with water and specialty coffees. 

Please review the NCL website for correct terminology and a list of liquor included for future posts

Whatever !

i believe what the OP was saying /asking us what they got.

And what they have isn’t the upgraded version!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kayjay76 said:

In layman's terms.... you have the drink package which includes alcohol  up to $15 a drink which is almost all drinks unless you enjoy the fancy stuff 🙂 

Yes and that was what OP was asking. They have drinks as a perk, up to $15.00

NCL now offers another package, that includes higher priced options, that comes with a fee. I'm almost positive ,without going back and searching, that pax can upgrade onboard.

I've done the search engine to no avail. 

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Also states in finer print 

item # UBP

Item # PPB

That being said we are both correct. Maybe it's time for NCL to remove the UBP content from the web. It has made the OP wonder just what they have.

The link you provided is exactly where I got the info from. 

There was just a lenghty post about another pax  saying they were "bait and switched" and didn't get what they thought they had for drink package.

I had this same issue when I booked the Escape in September.  The website says I have the  Ultimate Beverage Package but my Confirmation and Amenities Sheet both say Premium Beverage Package.  You should check your confirmation and Amenities sheet sent to you.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ciref said:

I had this same issue when I booked the Escape in September.  The website says I have the  Ultimate Beverage Package but my Confirmation and Amenities Sheet both say Premium Beverage Package.  You should check your confirmation and Amenities sheet sent to you.  

Ultimate Beverage Package = Premium Beverage Package = Adult Beverage Package

They are all different names for the same thing. They cover drinks up to $15. Any drink over $15, you pay the difference and a 20% gratuity on the difference.

The confusing factor here is that they have now introduced a new package called the "Premium PLUS Beverage Package" and that includes drinks over $15, specialty coffee, bottled water, and some other stuff. That is NOT available as one of the Free At Sea perks, but if you get the regular beverage package via Free at Sea, you can pay the difference and upgrade to the Premium Plus package.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

They are all different names for the same thing. They cover drinks up to $15. Any drink over $15, you pay the difference and a 20% gratuity on the difference.

The confusing factor here is that they have now introduced a new package called the "Premium PLUS Beverage Package" and that includes drinks over $15, specialty coffee, bottled water, and some other stuff. That is NOT available as one of the Free At Sea perks, but if you get the regular beverage package via Free at Sea, you can pay the difference and upgrade to the Premium Plus package.

Thank you!

That's exactly what I was saying!

31 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Thank you!

That's exactly what I was saying!

Here is where the mix-up/disagreement began....

17 hours ago, beerman2 said:

No it's not the premium drink package. You have the standard drink package that includes quite a bit.

The "standard drink package" IS the "premium drink package". Think of it as Premium replaces the word Ultimate....

However the premium package has more top shelf liquor's to choose from.

That is not correct. The Premium Plus "has more top shelf..."

You can upgrade  to the premium package on board.

That is not correct. The "premium package" is what the OP currently has. The upgrade would be to the Premium Plus package for $29pppd + 20%.

When BirdTravels posted...

17 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

....it was to correct the post that referred to the upgraded package (Premium Plus) as "the premium package". 

BirdTravels was correcting the word used, not what the standard promo includes.

JamieLogical summed it up with...

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

...whereas I simply used the acronyms...because I was too lazy to go into detail. :classic_cool:

Everyone who replied to the OP (who is probably more confused than before posting the question) was giving the correct info as to what the standard promo includes but the specific names/acronyms for the UBP/UOB/PBP/ABP were the source of confusion. 

46 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Here is where the mix-up/disagreement began....

The "standard drink package" IS the "premium drink package". Think of it as Premium replaces the word Ultimate....

That is not correct. The Premium Plus "has more top shelf..."

That is not correct. The "premium package" is what the OP currently has. The upgrade would be to the Premium Plus package for $29pppd + 20%.

When BirdTravels posted...

....it was to correct the post that referred to the upgraded package (Premium Plus) as "the premium package". 

BirdTravels was correcting the word used, not what the standard promo includes.

JamieLogical summed it up with...

...whereas I simply used the acronyms...because I was too lazy to go into detail. :classic_cool:

Everyone who replied to the OP (who is probably more confused than before posting the question) was giving the correct info as to what the standard promo includes but the specific names/acronyms for the UBP/UOB/PBP/ABP were the source of confusion. 

😂😂😂 Leave it to NCL for Premium and Premium Plus . It definitely adds to the confusion!

Thanks to everyone for responding to my original post.  I fear that I created more confusion than it was worth.  I am pretty confident that I will enjoy the drink package that I selected as one of my perks, regardless of what it is called.  

13 hours ago, hrt4girls said:

Thanks to everyone for responding to my original post.  I fear that I created more confusion than it was worth.  I am pretty confident that I will enjoy the drink package that I selected as one of my perks, regardless of what it is called.  

You will enjoy your cruise I'm sure , it's NCL that keeps changing terminology. The one take away is that with the perk (package) you have it includes drinks only up to $15.00

If you don't upgrade(Premium Plus) to include those drinks over $15.00 , you will pay the difference + 20% gratuity.

Example: $17.95 drink= 2.95  plus 20% gratuity will be $3.59 added to your account.

Last I sailed (Jan. 2019) a chocolate Martini was the $17.95. 😂😂😂

Edited by beerman2

I don't usually drink chocolate martinis, but I am sure that there are other things that fall into that category as well.  I was disappointed with the choices of bourbon in the package we have, but not overly impressed with the choices in the premium plus either.  My husband will have to make that decision.  I am a vodka or gin drinker, so there are plenty of options for me.  The description says that the specialty coffees are only in the dining room.  So that eliminates the morning latte that I would have added to the list for the premium plus.  At this point the upgrade to the Premium plus doesn't look like it is necessary for us.  Thanks for your advice!

22 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Don’t forget, on the “all inclusive” cruises on the Sun & Sky, the Premium Plus package is offered as a “free at sea perk”....discovered that on a July Cuba cruise on the Sun...now you know. 

When we sailed on the Sun with the drink package, the list of what was included was slightly different from the other ships.  At that time it was called "Open Bar".  I'm not sure if it is still the same or not.  I think not having to think about the money you are spending each time you want a drink is a wonderful perk.  I am not picky about what is included, just want to know what it is so we aren't surprised when we order.  LOL