Cheers beverage program question

JP-Cruise

Hello,

I was looking at the cheers beverage program and it says it is 50 dollars per day. 

I was wondering if on days that I don’t drink anything, do I still get charged?  How does this work? 

It is not available per day. It’s for the length of the cruise. It’s $51.95 plus 18% gratuity if you buy it prior to your cruise. If you wait until you board, it is $56.95 plus 18% gratuity. 

18 minutes ago, JP-Cruise said:

Hello,

I was looking at the cheers beverage program and it says it is 50 dollars per day. 

I was wondering if on days that I don’t drink anything, do I still get charged?  How does this work? 

As the before said, it's not per day...you pay for the entire amount up front.  So if you're on a 7 day cruise, and you purchase it ahead of time or on day one when you board, you pay the current day rate times 7 plus tax/tip/gratuity charge.  And no, you don't get any refund if you don't drink on particular day.  

25 minutes ago, JP-Cruise said:

Hello,

image.thumb.png.dc6c9c47fd5591da3bd7b5301a714001.png

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JP-Cruise said:

Hello,

I wish they had a 3 out of 7 day package.  I might be interested in that, but I'm not a big drinker, and can't sustain that kind of drinking for that many days straight.  Have to be a big drinker at home to take full advantage.

Just buy your drinks when you need them, and you will be WAY better off.  Carnival sells this to make a profit from the 90% that aren't big drinkers...

It seems that on debarkation day, day 7, you really are not going to be spending any dollars on the Cheers pkg.  there will be no one serving drinks as everyone are getting off.  I think that’s a rip off.

3 minutes ago, James4me said:

It seems that on debarkation day, day 7, you really are not going to be spending any dollars on the Cheers pkg.  there will be no one serving drinks as everyone are getting off.  I think that’s a rip off.

You do not pay for debarkation day (which is actually day 8 on a 7 night cruise)  You pay for embarkation day plus the following 6 days

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, mapman_2004 said:

I wish they had a 3 out of 7 day package.  I might be interested in that, but I'm not a big drinker, and can't sustain that kind of drinking for that many days straight.  Have to be a big drinker at home to take full advantage.

Just buy your drinks when you need them, and you will be WAY better off.  Carnival sells this to make a profit from the 90% that aren't big drinkers...

Thanks for all the responses. So it definitely doesn’t make sense for me to get this then since I am not a big drinker and have excursions planned at every destination.

I will buy my drinks as needed 

thanks again to all who replied 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, James4me said:

Also, if you get off the ship at each port, those are hours you're not using the Cheers package.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mapman_2004 said:

Carnival sells this to make a profit from the 90% that aren't big drinkers...

Don't you love these statistics? 

It's not hard to have 6-7 drinks even on a port day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We’ve had it twice. It has NEVER paid off for us.

Sadly, at our age we don’t drink like we did in our 20’s & 30’s. 

Those were the days!  Probably good we didn’t cruise back then 🥳🤪🤭

We just don’t drink enough even with the coffee, shakes, juices, etc... 

The convenience was fantastic but way overpriced just for that. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CoolOne56 said:

Also, if you get off the ship at each port, those are hours you're not using the Cheers package.

However pax are still ON the ship a good 8 hours a day even on port days. 6 mixed drinks pays for itself port days. That's less than 1 drink an hour.

You also get canned soda,tea's, specialty coffee, energy drinks, and bottled water that is included with Cheers. 

• Haha 1

I have added up what we would have been charged on several cruises if we had not had cheers and we definitely got our monies worth. As previous posters have mentioned it doesn't take much  and its peace of mind for us not to get an unexpected high bill at the end of the cruise. This way everything is paid for up front.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

get the pricey drinks, only takes 4/day!

ive only sailed once without unlim beverages and it cost me dearly, on ncl.  a knob creek on the rocks was $22, for comparison. 

Never had a Knob Creek!   Is it that good???

OP, we always get the drink package.   I've never "lost" money.   Even my wife comes close to breaking even.   For us, it's a no brainer.   As others have said, coffee, water, soda, etc... add up.   But that's just cush for us, we always "manage" :) to get 6 or 7 drinks a day.   And I'm not talking stumbling around smashed.   Drinks go down well while in the pool!!!

• Like 1

You know I have a question to and it may be stupid this is gonna be my first time cruising and I’m purchasing the cheers package .. can I order drinks from any bar on the ship or is it limited to certain areas ?

1 minute ago, Jazzybug98 said:

You know I have a question to and it may be stupid this is gonna be my first time cruising and I’m purchasing the cheers package .. can I order drinks from any bar on the ship or is it limited to certain areas ?

Nope its good everywhere on the ship!!  Bars, restaurants, dining rooms all good

Edited by ULCajunCruiser
  • Thanks 1