Ultimate Balcony Dinner & Full Suite

Gracie115

Wondering if anyone knows if you receive a complimentary Ultimate Balcony Dinner if you are in a full suite?  My DH is convinced we had that offer when we were on the Regal last year and I don't remember it.  Hopefully someone will let us know for sure and settle the discussion!!!:classic_biggrin:

1 minute ago, Gracie115 said:

Wondering if anyone knows if you receive a complimentary Ultimate Balcony Dinner if you are in a full suite?  My DH is convinced we had that offer when we were on the Regal last year and I don't remember it.  Hopefully someone will let us know for sure and settle the discussion!!!:classic_biggrin:

It is not normally a suite perk, maybe a gift from your TA? Suite guests do receive complimentary dinner in one of the specialty restaurants the first night, unless it is a short cruise (I forget the number of nights minimum).

No, you do not get a complimentary Ultimate Balcony Dinner for being in a full suite. You do get a complimentary specialty restaurant (Crown Grill/Sabatini/other depending on ship) on the first night of your cruise.

Yes, I know this for sure. Perhaps your TA gave you one last time or DH is remembering the specialty restaurant dinner.

1 minute ago, donswife said:

It is not normally a suite perk, maybe a gift from your TA? Suite guests do receive complimentary dinner in one of the specialty restaurants the first night, unless it is a short cruise (I forget the number of nights minimum).

6 ... but Princess screwed up on our 4 day ... the dine line called us to remind us of our free perk and asked if we would like to go ahead and book - well, sure ... showed up at Crown Grill and were told no comps on a 4 day -told him about the call and he comped it anyway ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

6 ... but Princess screwed up on our 4 day ... the dine line called us to remind us of our free perk and asked if we would like to go ahead and book - well, sure ... showed up at Crown Grill and were told no comps on a 4 day -told him about the call and he comped it anyway ...

I'm glad they made good on their error! Did you enjoy the trip?

1 minute ago, donswife said:

I'm glad they made good on their error! Did you enjoy the trip?

it was excellent including the 2 days pre-cruise

club class is really convenient and Sabatini's breakfast was really nice also

and we also sent out laundry for the first 2 day clothes of the pre-cruise ...

very nice and relaxing 6 days in all ...

• Like 2

You can order from the MDR as room service in a suite, which can be enjoyed on your balcony as a sort of DIY Ultimate Balcony Dinner. Couple that with the free minibar (or sub wine) for beverages, and move your stateroom flowers out there, and voila! 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fishywood said:

I seem to recall reports of the Deluxe Balcony Breakfast being included as a sweetener when Princess offers an upsell to a Full Suite. But neither it nor the UBD is a routine Suite perk. 

correct ... and since the DBB was a booking 'sweetener' we were not allowed to exchange it for either OBC or as a payment towards the full price of the UBD - it was use it or lose it - at least for us

we used it on the port day and I admit it was very nice ... still

4 hours ago, fishywood said:

I seem to recall reports of the Deluxe Balcony Breakfast being included as a sweetener when Princess offers an upsell to a Full Suite. But neither it nor the UBD is a routine Suite perk. 

We received the breakfast when we took an upsell. It was something I forgot about until we received the notice in our suite. That said, the breakfast at Sabatini's is better.

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

No UBD but yes usually an included UBB.

We have always been lucky to trade it for a $45 cash credit on our onboard account.

It varies from ship to ship.  Sometime's it's OBC, most other times I've been told that we can use it as a credit against specialty dining.  The only thing consistent about Princess is inconsistency.

We got the UBB as a perk on a full suite upsell. Room service called on embarkation day to enquire as to which day we would like to have it delivered to our state room. We were on a 3 day cruise with access to Sabatini’s for breakfast, so I said that we would not be using the UBB. Room service said that they would credit the $45 to our account and it would show up in 24hrs. 

No credit showed up the next day, so I went to customer service. They explained that as it was a “freebie” then no credit would be given, so I asked them to deliver the half bottle of bubbles so we could at least have a little fun with that! 🙂

Regardless of whether it's included, DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! We've done it twice in Alaska and once on the Mexican Riviera; doing it in a full suite is extra-sweet. We had an aft balcony for MexRiv, and did it on the sailaway from Mazatlan. Enjoy our pictures, though I must first give you a disclaimer: I'm transitioning to a new career as a photographer, and hence I went a little nuts with my own lighting for our balcony dinner photos. We invited my parents to join us for the UBD.

Start here, then arrow-right to scroll through the photos: 2017 Mexican Riviera cruise aboard the Ruby Princess, starting from the Mazatlan sailaway

And yes, UBD is one of the least-known nuggets. First time we did it was on a 7-day Seattle-Alaska RT; we did it on sailaway from Skagway which was the fifth evening of the cruise, and apparently we were the first UBD of the cruise. The dessert plate with the two slabs of chocolate, the four dollops of mousse, and the rolled/perforated chocolate is only offered on the UBD.