CHICKEN STRIPS

Heimey

This may be an odd question. My wife and I are currently on the Horizon. Our son stayed home this cruise but plans on travelling with us at Christmas. He lives for chicken strips in the buffet. We have not seen one all week. Is this new????? Are all ships now chicken strip free????? 

Thanks a a lot in advance 

Heimey

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, coevan said:

nuggets are usually chicken mush,  chicken strips should be real chicken, think they are on the room service menu. 

Do you know if there's a charge for the chicken strips from room service?

This and Guys Burgers may be the only thing my grandson will eat on our upcoming cruise!!!

26 minutes ago, coevan said:

nuggets are usually chicken mush,  chicken strips should be real chicken, think they are on the room service menu. 

I worked as a maintenance tech in food plants for twenty years if you really want to know what is in chicken nuggets I could tell you .it's similar to hot dogs.hasn't stopped me from eating them.parts is parts.a s the commercial said.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, scpirate said:

I worked as a maintenance tech in food plants for twenty years if you really want to know what is in chicken nuggets I could tell you .it's similar to hot dogs.hasn't stopped me from eating them.parts is parts.a s the commercial said.

PLEASE don't tell me what's in my chicken nuggets... sometimes blissful ignorance is best!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

We sailed on the Miracle a month ago and enjoyed the chicken strips offered at the outside burger venue for lunch. Had them several times and while I don't normally eat chicken strips, these were quite good.

• Like 1

Thinking about it in Sept '18 on the Paradise I don't remember my husband getting chicken fingers or tenders as a snack from the buffet before seeing the evening shows (late dining). We don't do lunch there (prefer the brunch or in port offerings) so I can say for certain that they have done away with them. Though they did still offer at the Late Night Eats (11:30 pm-1am) the buffalo chicken sandwiches which use a chicken finger soaked in the buffalo sauce.

On 5/25/2019 at 2:26 PM, Heimey said:

My wife and I are currently on the Horizon. Our son........lives for chicken strips in the buffet. We have not seen one all week. 

How about this....since you’re already on the ship, ask the crew members about the strips instead of people on these boards.  Might as well get an answer directly from the source. 

We had a very difficult time finding traditional chicken tenders. The good chicken tenders found on the buffet on other ships are not available on the Horizon buffet - we inquired.

The BEST chicken tenders are found in the steakhouse. My son loved them! They were good quality chicken in a traditional fried batter. 

My son had nuggets in the MDR, they were nothing special but he was happy to find them.

The room service chicken tenders are not child-friendly. They were very spicy with a dry rub. My kids refused to eat them.  However, the room service fries were a huge hit! They were incredibly crispy and hot. They were definitely worth the $2 for a large basket full.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Erik101 said:

How about this....since you’re already on the ship, ask the crew members about the strips instead of people on these boards.  Might as well get an answer directly from the source. 

Please do this!  I board Ecstasy in less than 2 weeks, and I will be on the lookout for tenders!  I didn't see any or chicken nuggets on the buffet on Liberty in April.

On 5/25/2019 at 5:26 PM, Heimey said:

This may be an odd question. My wife and I are currently on the Horizon. Our son stayed home this cruise but plans on travelling with us at Christmas. He lives for chicken strips in the buffet. We have not seen one all week. Is this new????? Are all ships now chicken strip free????? 

Thanks a a lot in advance 

Heimey

You expect the chickens to strip for free?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, dlphn501 said:

Please do this!  I board Ecstasy in less than 2 weeks, and I will be on the lookout for tenders!  I didn't see any or chicken nuggets on the buffet on Liberty in April.

I find it intriguing that the OP walked the entire buffet without asking a single crew member behind the counter on where the strips are located. 🤨