Coastal Kitchen?

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I think you were on the same week as Laura. 

She could not get a slot either. So much for Pinnacle getting preferred slots.

CK was designed for Dynamic Dining.  Only two menus. They didnt plan on folks eating every meal there.  Now a victim of it's own success. But that's beside the point.

The issue in my opinion is that there are 79 Sky Class, 11 Star Class, and 86 Sea Class. That alone is a recipe for failure.  Based on occupancy rates, I'd guess that equals 550+ eligible diners in a venue that barely holds 100. Even with three table turns, that's a problem.

Will 30 additional cabins with NSPP's impact that? Yes, but just don't say it is THE driving factor on a week to week basis.

The fact that you got to eat there twice is probably the new norm now that the word is out for the Suite Class guests.  

FWIW, I much prefer breakfast and lunch up there. Way less crowded. 

Glad to see you acknowledge the issues with the CK when high numbers of P’s onboard. Royal should limit the number of P’s who have access on a given cruise. I suggest access by P’s based on number of points. I don’t know the numbers that are manageable. 

57 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

I've been trying to get current menus for Coastal Kitchen.  We are on the Harmony in Sep. in a JS.  Not much hope, but will try to book as soon as we get onboard.  Anyone have the current menus?  I loved the veal chop offered on the last night.  Still there?  I love lamb, DH loves duck.  Both love steak, scallops and lobster.  Working on a strategy. Any suggestions.  We don't care when we eat.  The later the better.  Will not do this again. At least a GS for us!!!  Thanks in advance. 

September is P season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

I've been trying to get current menus for Coastal Kitchen.  We are on the Harmony in Sep. in a JS.  Not much hope, but will try to book as soon as we get onboard.  Anyone have the current menus? 

I had the same question and couldn't find the answer here on CC.  Found these on the interwebs, they seem to be from 3 months ago...

I'm on Harmony next month and plan on emailing our concierge a week out to see if any of these have changed.  Will share them here if I find anything different. 

CK Lunch Menu - 1.jpg

CK Lunch Menu - 2.jpeg

CK Breakfast Menu.jpeg

Coastal KIDS MENU.pdf CK D #6_ENG.pdf CK D #7_ENG.pdf CK D #4_ENG.pdf CK D #5_ENG.pdf CK D #3_ENG.pdf CK D #1_ENG.pdf CK D #2_ENG.pdf

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RoperDK said:

I've been trying to get current menus for Coastal Kitchen.  We are on the Harmony in Sep. in a JS.  Not much hope, but will try to book as soon as we get onboard.  Anyone have the current menus?  I loved the veal chop offered on the last night.  Still there?  I love lamb, DH loves duck.  Both love steak, scallops and lobster.  Working on a strategy. Any suggestions.  We don't care when we eat.  The later the better.  Will not do this again. At least a GS for us!!!  Thanks in advance. 

I'll be on in August 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Glad to see you acknowledge the issues with the CK when high numbers of P’s onboard. Royal should limit the number of P’s who have access on a given cruise. I suggest access by P’s based on number of points. I don’t know the numbers that are manageable. 

I doubt limiting 60 Pinnacle would change much. I dont have a solution.  As it is we only have dinner there 2-3 nights. When we sail Allure, I doubt we'll go at all. 

I am curious why you can't see the bigger picture.  CK cant serve 525 guests every single night. It doesn't matter how many Pins are aboard. Kick the Pins and JS out, and the capacity still isnt there.

Edited by John&LaLa

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I doubt limiting 60 Pinnacle would change much. I dont have a solution.  As it is we only have dinner there 2-3 nights. When we sail Allure, I doubt we'll go at all. 

I am curious why you can't see the bigger picture.  CK cant serve 525 guests every single night. It doesn't matter how many Pins are aboard. Kick the Pins and JS out, and the capacity still isnt there.

I actually agree with you. 

I have no no idea how many Suite Guests even choose to eat in the CK. Our experience, we had our reserved time on all previous cruise on Oasis Class and were seated at our reserved dinning time. This all changed on Presidents Cruise. The SL/CK was overwhelmed with P’s. Never were seated at our reserved time. Once our table was ready and when a few P’s were turned away, they proceeded to sit at our reserved table anyway. Once it was more than 45 minutes to be seated. It wouldn’t be so bad if we could have at least found a seat in the SL, but we could not. 

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I actually agree with you. 

I have no no idea how many Suite Guests even choose to eat in the CK. Our experience, we had our reserved time on all previous cruise on Oasis Class and were seated at our reserved dinning time. This all changed on Presidents Cruise. The SL/CK was overwhelmed with P’s. Never were seated at our reserved time. Once our table was ready and when a few P’s were turned away, they proceeded to sit at our reserved table anyway. Once it was more than 45 minutes to be seated. It wouldn’t be so bad if we could have at least found a seat in the SL, but we could not. 

I'm sorry, you just can't compare the President's cruise to any other. That's why I always add it as a disclaimer.  I wouldn't even go if I wasn't a Pinnacle 

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm sorry, you just can't compare the President's cruise to any other. That's why I always add it as a disclaimer.  I wouldn't even go if I wasn't a Pinnacle 

With the increasing number of P’s, I think the Suite Experience is diluted during P season. 

We actually paid more for a GS because it was the Presidents Cruise and got far less. 

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

With the increasing number of P’s, I think the Suite Experience is diluted during P season. 

We actually paid more for a GS because it was the Presidents Cruise and got far less. 

You were also warned not to book it by the head of C&A as I recall

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think you've sailed in Pin season lately. Not counting President cruise. 

Even the number one pin bashing cheerleader had no diminished experience on His December trip last year. I think he was dissapointed 😉

Edited by John&LaLa

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You were also warned not to book it by the head of C&A as I recall

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think you've sailed in Pin season lately. Not counting President cruise. 

Even the number one pin bashing cheerleader had no diminished experience on His December trip last year. I think he was dissapointed 😉

Correct. We have not sailed or booked another cruise since our SL/CK experience. 

Yes, Millie told us if the SL/CK was important to us, to find another date.  We had a cruise booked on Jewel out of Rome but couldn’t make it work so we switched to Presidents Cruise. We booked a GS and the experience should not change in the SL/CK based on the date. 

We don’t normally sail in the P season and has more to do with the bosses work schedule. Generally it works best for us around some holiday. Nevertheless, the Suite experience should not change depending how many P’s onboard. 

It wasn’t just the SL/CK issues but was evident across the ship. The normal reserved seating for Suite Guests was non existent, not to mention other issues that popped up onboard. 

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Correct. We have not sailed or booked another cruise since our SL/CK experience. 

Yes, Millie told us if the SL/CK was important to us, to find another date.  We had a cruise booked on Jewel out of Rome but couldn’t make it work so we switched to Presidents Cruise. We booked a GS and the experience should not change in the SL/CK based on the date. 

We don’t normally sail in the P season and has more to do with the bosses work schedule. Generally it works best for us around some holiday. Nevertheless, the Suite experience should not change depending how many P’s onboard. 

It wasn’t just the SL/CK issues but was evident across the ship. The normal reserved seating for Suite Guests was non existent, not to mention other issues that popped up onboard. 

Bottom line is Royal will continue to cater to both groups. I don't see that changing. Every event I go to, we are repeatedly told we are their number one customers.  I'm sure Suite guests get told the same.  The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Many Pins travel on the cheap, yes.  But many Suite gusts get ridiculously low prices for their JS's and GS's. 😉

I don't see how you can fault Royal for trying to keep both groups happy

11 hours ago, RoperDK said:

We are going in August, I can see the menus in the APP. Do you just entrees & are there certain days? I am at work right now, won’t be home til about 8 PM EST, let me know, I can screenshot 

39 minutes ago, Tracey said:

We are going in August, I can see the menus in the APP. Do you just entrees & are there certain days? I am at work right now, won’t be home til about 8 PM EST, let me know, I can screenshot 

Thank you Tracey. The app doesn't have info yet for our cruise. I am looking for just dinner entrees. All nights if possible.  To add to the mix, I have some food restrictions so I like to do pre-planning.  Much appreciated!

Well this throws a wrench in our plans for our Sept 22 sailing (massive numbers of "pins" aboard.  Maybe I will do some other "specialty" dinners.  Shoot, it's only money🙄😉

I was thinking if most CK people are not at the "specialty" dinners, maybe I can score a cheaper price.😜

Edited by Judyrem
More info
  • Haha 1

On 6/2/2019 at 8:26 AM, Judyrem said:

We have a voucher from our TA for one specialty dinner.  We are in JS on Allure, would Coastal Kitchen be a good alternative for dining in the MDR or should we get more specialty dining?

We were on the Allure in April in a JS.  We went to the MDR the first night and then tried the CK the second night.  Ended up doing the rest of the nights in the CK except for the last night in Chops. So yeah, the CK is an excellent alternative and much preferred to the MDR.

You can show up at the door during lunch on the first day aboard and book dinner for that night. After that you can book for the next night after dinner.

Try it, you'll like it.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2019 at 8:08 AM, RoperDK said:

Thank you Tracey. The app doesn't have info yet for our cruise. I am looking for just dinner entrees. All nights if possible.  To add to the mix, I have some food restrictions so I like to do pre-planning.  Much appreciated!

577E8D44-2B0A-4344-8110-E43CCF510ED6.thumb.png.aafec322645a78a96376004c0ff2b7ad.png

8EBA6AEB-0F10-4862-BEB6-CB2794CAB13F.png

481929F2-3CB0-4BE7-8547-2D16F7A62335.png

2324392F-5C71-46B7-A6B8-CBF68AABE4CE.png

19481E81-0A50-4027-97E0-EFB36B10C156.png

89F40CE5-5284-4DD1-A8FF-09EFC9DD2F6A.png

9293AA91-9213-4BA1-97F7-37107964F62A.png

D5126A93-A311-4488-B1D0-FF4C9EBAEB94.png

73E7D4E6-D6E9-4B62-B0D7-3CF440EF0B81.png

8065BEAB-F697-4E85-A87B-BC55028C929A.png

D03D840A-1D13-4C30-A975-55E87B1886BF.png

E7BED0AD-8CAC-4FDF-8188-9C4BAB679BFD.png

83F73DBE-73B8-463E-B023-76D19F3D2065.png

3B5AD5B5-99CD-42DC-A0B0-6E2312403049.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tracey said:

577E8D44-2B0A-4344-8110-E43CCF510ED6.thumb.png.aafec322645a78a96376004c0ff2b7ad.png

8EBA6AEB-0F10-4862-BEB6-CB2794CAB13F.png

481929F2-3CB0-4BE7-8547-2D16F7A62335.png

2324392F-5C71-46B7-A6B8-CBF68AABE4CE.png

19481E81-0A50-4027-97E0-EFB36B10C156.png

89F40CE5-5284-4DD1-A8FF-09EFC9DD2F6A.png

9293AA91-9213-4BA1-97F7-37107964F62A.png

D5126A93-A311-4488-B1D0-FF4C9EBAEB94.png

73E7D4E6-D6E9-4B62-B0D7-3CF440EF0B81.png

8065BEAB-F697-4E85-A87B-BC55028C929A.png

D03D840A-1D13-4C30-A975-55E87B1886BF.png

E7BED0AD-8CAC-4FDF-8188-9C4BAB679BFD.png

83F73DBE-73B8-463E-B023-76D19F3D2065.png

3B5AD5B5-99CD-42DC-A0B0-6E2312403049.png

They seem to have more veal, duck and lamb on the menu, not my favorite entrees.  

I know, I am not a "foodie".😉

Maybe I will do more specialty dining🙂

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:01 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

September is P season 

We just got off the Anthem on Saturday.  When we first got on my wife ran to Coastal Kitchen and got us reservations.  We scheduled dining at 7:30 but were able to get there earlier and never had a problem getting seated.  Food was good as usual.

Fred

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Thank you Tracey!  Working on my game plan now.  Hoping to get at least a couple of nights reserved.   

Menus can be ship specific, so unless you are going on the same ship and itinerary, things could be in a different or or a different menu completely.  Oasis had the filet mignon of the first night but other ships had changed to another night at one point, not sure if that is still the case.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Gotta love seeing the same pics over and over and over........

Sorry about that.  I tried to delete part of the screenshots to make the quote shorter, but just couldn't get it to work.  😨

1 hour ago, Mickeymouse22 said:

We just got off the Anthem on Saturday.  When we first got on my wife ran to Coastal Kitchen and got us reservations.  We scheduled dining at 7:30 but were able to get there earlier and never had a problem getting seated.  Food was good as usual.

Fred

It’s not P season. Sounds awesome.