favorite buffet item?

Salad Bar and the Chicken Tenders

I do remember the time when buffet had the warm melting chocolate cake, and after dinner my boys would leave MDR or night skip and get another helping of the cake.

Not really a buffet item, but on the same area of the lido deck of the Horizon, there’s a blue iguana cantina where I get fish tacos.  It’s my favorite spot for lunch.  They’re not open for dinner. 

Some of my always go-to's are chocolate muffins, vanilla danish, crusty baguette salami/provolone sandwiches (any time of day). I also eat a lot of cucumbers and tomatoes with french dressing even though I can have those easily at home. I order chocolate muffins and vanilla danish on the room service breakfast card and Ziploc them for anytime enjoyment, but they have them most of the week in the buffet at breakfast. I also have a particular weakness for the Elderflower cake which is served at lunch on the first day and possibly on another random day during a 7 night. I don't usually eat a meal from the buffet unless I'm feeling like eating light or snacking and get the above mentioned items. I haven't been able to find hot chocolate on my last few sailings so I don't know what is going on with that, but it was disappointing. I could order it from room service, but it just wasn't the same. If I am on a dream class ship I will have italian for embarkation lunch and if not then I will have a turkey wrap. Both are delicious.

10 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

OK good to know... but I still don't care for them... I find the texture weird and the taste is just off for me... DH doesn't care, he just doesn't like to wait in the omelet line so he eats them, unless I'm willing to get him an omelet while I'm waiting in line for my scrambled eggs!

I eat the scrambled eggs hasn't killed me yet.taste wise to me it's all crap.really gone down hill.amazing what ketchup and hot sauce do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like the salad bar for lunch sometimes and cheerios and raspberry yogurt for breakfast when I choose the buffet option.  One of the ways I keep my cholesterol under 120.

Even though I usually eat healthy, I've still had an aortic valve replaced and 6 stents because of plaque and calcification buildup, go figure.  Doctors say if I ate unhealthy, I wouldn't be around to post on CC.

• Like 1

There is a seafood fritter that they serve when they do the "Caribbean" lunch, and it's delicious.    

Someone said mozzarella sticks...but I've never seen those in 20+ cruises on Carnival (only at the Kid's dinner offered through Camp, on Lido).  Have I missed those all these years???  Those are a weakness for me...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, crooooze said:

We love the fancy layered cakes they have during lunch.

They never have the same cakes out for dessert during dinner.

I can't wait to try the new cakes on our up coming cruise. It was time for a change.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CanWeGoYet? said:

Reuben or Rachel from the deli.   Just to need to ask for thousand island dressing on the side for dipping.  

I always heard how good the reubens were so I got one.   The corned beef was so fatty I couldn't eat it.

36 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I always heard how good the reubens were so I got one.   The corned beef was so fatty I couldn't eat it.

Have learned to take corned beef and pastrami off the sandwiches and operate on the meat so as to remove as much fats as possible. Sometimes the sandwich does not survive the operation and gets tossed

• Like 1