Coffee punch cards

missoulaz28

On 5/30/2019 at 7:46 PM, voljeep said:

not sure it would matter, but I would not flash my blue card or OM to signify you are a first time cruiser and no way YOU bought the card .... yes someone gave it to you ....

Welcome to Cruise Critic, Princess, and Cruising !!!

read as many of these threads as possible and also go to the Alaska forum

No that it matters, but, if it's OM  they will know your status from the medallion.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, slurpster03 said:

Despite the "no sharing" for tea, brewed coffee and hot chocolate rule...is there anything that prevents me from walking up to the counter and ordering 2 coffees, or 1 coffee and 1 tea, or just circling around after 5 minutes?

No, I have got 4 at a time.  They will take 4 coffee's off of your total. 

1 minute ago, TBarneyWC said:

No, I have got 4 at a time.  They will take 4 coffee's off of your total. 

Sorry, I should clarify, I am not talking about the specialty espresso drinks that are part of the 15 but of the "unlimited" tea, brewed coffee, and hot chocolate.  So for simplicity..if I go up to the counter and ask for 2 hot chocolates and 2 hot teas, is there an issue there?

On 5/30/2019 at 7:08 PM, missoulaz28 said:

We are headed to Alaska soon in our first cruise. Somebody I know has a leftover coffee punch card that they said I could have. We are going before they are officially gone, and it is unsigned/no date.

Is it going to be a problem using it in our first cruise? 

I gave my friends 2 of my coffee cards and there in Alaska right now. I just received a picture of them enjoy the free coffee.

Tony

8 minutes ago, slurpster03 said:

Sorry, I should clarify, I am not talking about the specialty espresso drinks that are part of the 15 but of the "unlimited" tea, brewed coffee, and hot chocolate.  So for simplicity..if I go up to the counter and ask for 2 hot chocolates and 2 hot teas, is there an issue there?

The only issues I see deal with honesty and integrity ... unless, of course, you really are able to drink all those beverages by yourself before they all get cold.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, slurpster03 said:

Why would you do that?

44 minutes ago, slurpster03 said:

Despite the "no sharing" for tea, brewed coffee and hot chocolate rule...is there anything that prevents me from walking up to the counter and ordering 2 coffees, or 1 coffee and 1 tea, or just circling around after 5 minutes?

See post #32.........

12 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

The only issues I see deal with honesty and integrity ... unless, of course, you really are able to drink all those beverages by yourself before they all get cold.

Exaggeration to try to get my point across...of course I could have a couple of personal thermos and like hot chocolate + tea together in a weird combination...

4 minutes ago, slurpster03 said:

Exaggeration to try to get my point across...of course I could have a couple of personal thermos and like hot chocolate + tea together in a weird combination...

And your point is ... ?

10 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Honesty? Integrity?

Like when Princess sold coffee cards with the promise of being able to use them on any future cruise & then is now in the process of cancelling them on Aug 31, 2019.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Honesty? Integrity?

Like when Princess sold coffee cards with the promise of being able to use them on any future cruise & then is now in the process of cancelling them on Aug 31, 2019.  

So, 2 wrongs make a right?

In reality, 3 lefts make a right.

14 hours ago, slurpster03 said:

I ordered the large to-go cocoa and a glass mug no charge. Then I ordered a large latte and a glass mug (1 large to-go = 2 regular) and it counted as 1. 

4 hours ago, pms4104 said:

So, 2 wrongs make a right?

In reality, 3 lefts make a right.

They do in my book.

Why should I be the one that takes the hit all the time?

And btw- the few coffees & hot chocolates hardly make up for what they stole from me & the DH. 

• Haha 1

Sold a clean coffee card on the Regal for $12 recovering half my cost and providing two passengers with 15 really cheap drinks.  Used up almost all our punches on another card and then found a passenger near the IC on disembark morning who did not have a coffee plan and gave him that card to finish off.  Done with old coffee cards.  Not sure if we will buy a package in future since the free drinks expire at end of cruise.  Math exercise.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:48 PM, slurpster03 said:

You might have an issue. When we were on the CB, they only gave 1 of the "regular" beverages per card. No problem with any of the specialty drinks - we could use as many "punches" as we wanted, but normal coffees were 1 per card (there were 3 of us, we had 2 packages since I prefer lattes/iced teas and don't tend to drink normal coffee on ships).

On 5/31/2019 at 7:08 AM, missoulaz28 said:

We are headed to Alaska soon in our first cruise. Somebody I know has a leftover coffee punch card that they said I could have. We are going before they are officially gone, and it is unsigned/no date.

Is it going to be a problem using it in our first cruise? 

It is fraud the cards are non transferable, if you use them you could have problems up to being terminated from the cruise.  I'm not saying Princess will do this just that they can. I would not take the risk to say a couple of dollars, integrity is worth more than some coffee. But anyone is free to make their own choice. 

• Haha 1

Since there's no possible way they can prove where the card came from (no id number) the chances of being refused coffee at this time are next to zero. 

We've given around a dozen cards to friends in the past 6 months so far and never has one yet to be refused service. 

We got off the Ruby Saturday June 15th. I had no problem using my coffee punch card. I planned on giving away my remaining punches on the coffee punch card while I was standing in line, I did this last September, I have 8 punches left. There was no one at the IC in the mornings, I would go there at around 9:30 for a hot chocolate. I never had to wait in line, walked right up ordered my hot chocolate and in 2 or 3 minutes it was there. I believe the reason no one was there was there were so many people from other countries who don’t drink coffee drinks. On a side note the coffee in the MDR was pretty darn good, Princess must be listening. But the hot chocolate at the IC was terrible, more like steamed milk, very little chocolate favor. The hot chocolate at the ARCO AM/PM is 10 times better. The hot chocolate in the MDR was pretty good according to my DW

Edited by Eaglecw

13 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

It is fraud the cards are non transferable, if you use them you could have problems up to being terminated from the cruise.  I'm not saying Princess will do this just that they can. I would not take the risk to say a couple of dollars, integrity is worth more than some coffee. But anyone is free to make their own choice. 

Anybody ever charged with anything let alone fraud for using a card bought by another person?  They are for sale on sites like ebay so I guess some one at some time has been charged.  As far as risk there is none.

9 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Anybody ever charged with anything let alone fraud for using a card bought by another person?  They are for sale on sites like ebay so I guess some one at some time has been charged.  As far as risk there is none.

That is like when you are stopped for speeding saying I was just doing the normal flow rate of traffic. You still get the ticket. It is fraud, even if you are not caught. Selling integrity  & honor for a the price of a coffee card is not something most would do. 

If Princess wanted to, they could ask eBay to not allow the auctions. This has happened from time to time I've read, for example, free tickets to an event that are being sold. 

I've gotten rid of all of my cards, mostly via eBay. My conscience, such as it is, remains quiet.