Amsterdam

richwmn

2 hours ago, zelker said:

Was the ship just anchored in Tracy Arm overnight?  

We anchored last night between Tracy Arm and Juneau...  Was a quick 1.5 hour cruise into Juneau...

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 65 Gator said:

We anchored last night between Tracy Arm and Juneau...  Was a quick 1.5 hour cruise into Juneau...

Have you been back to PG for breakfast, food, service any better? Do you happen to know who the manager is there? Tina was last time we were on. Also, if possible, who are the consierges in the Neptune lounge? Thanks, sorry for All the questions, maybe more if you don't  mind. Have a great cruise. We are going July 29 for a b2b. Have fun!

Edited by echoshipmate
Spelling

7 minutes ago, echoshipmate said:

Have you been back to PG for breakfast, food, service any better? Do you happen to know who the manager is there? Tina was last time we were on. Also, if possible, who are the consierges in the Neptune lounge? Thanks, sorry for All the questions, maybe more if you don't  mind. Have a great cruise. We are going July 29 for a b2b. Have fun!

Also on the July 29th sailing and interested in these answers as well.  Glad you asked.  🙂 

1 hour ago, echoshipmate said:

Pinnacle Grill Breakfast - Manager is Peter.  Service is a bit better with two new servers today.  They did offer croissants and muffins today.  No coffee refill offered.  Orders were mostly correct.  Wife ordered Eggs Benedict but whites were VERY watery although she ordered well done.  Servers are pleasant but inattentive...  Yesterday, the paperwork and front desk said it would open at 0730 which is unusual for sea day.  Sure enough, we sat outside until 0800 when they opened.  One customer had called to confirm and Guest Services said 0730...

Neptune gals are SUPER.  Maria from Columbia and Camile from the Philippines.

Have seen other negative comments about MDR but we have been very pleased with the service and menu selection.  Servers are attentive and anxious to please.

LM

Edited by 65 Gator
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, 65 Gator said:

Pinnacle Grill Breakfast - Manager is Peter.  Service is a bit better with two new servers today.  They did offer croissants and muffins today.  No coffee refill offered.  Orders were mostly correct.  Wife ordered Eggs Benedict but whites were VERY watery although she ordered well done.  Servers are pleasant but inattentive...  Yesterday, the paperwork and front desk said it would open at 0730 which is unusual for sea day.  Sure enough, we sat outside until 0800 when they opened.  One customer had called to confirm and Guest Services said 0730...

Have seen other negative comments about MDR but we have been very pleased with the service and menu selection.  Servers are attentive and anxious to please.

LM

Thank you for the info as I know it takes time and internet to answer. Hope you are having a great cruise. My favorite cruise is always the one I'm  currently on, looking forward to being back on the Amsterdam. Thanks again.

DB

3 hours ago, 65 Gator said:

LM

I would be likely to suspect that there have been 2 major staff rotations recently - one in FLL at end of World cruise and a second in Seattle at start of first Alaska cruise of the season.  That could explain many staff being a bit out of sorts as they settle in on a new contract, or find their footing with new department managers/supervisors.

50 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I would be likely to suspect that there have been 2 major staff rotations recently - one in FLL at end of World cruise and a second in Seattle at start of first Alaska cruise of the season.  That could explain many staff being a bit out of sorts as they settle in on a new contract, or find their footing with new department managers/supervisors.

No doubt you are correct. I am familiar with some of the A team staff and I'm  sure they need and deserve time off after the world cruise. Always amazed how staff can usually have a smile on their face and a polite word. Tough job taking care of all of us! THANKS 

I regret that there was just a medical evacuation from the ship.  Patient was on stretcher and talking.  Left with another person and their luggage via EMS.  A horrible way to leave the ship...

On a brighter note, there were two Filipino BBQ huts just to the side of the pier and they were surrounded by crew ALL DAY LONG.  It was the talk of the ship...

On to Icy Strait tomorrow...

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that.  My MIL left the Westerdam in Juneau in the exact same way in 2006.  Thankfully Bartlett Regional is a decent hospital.  Hoping the person that left the ship today is going to be ok.

Hello to all on the MS Amsterdam now,  thanks for providing this information.  We are getting on the MS Amsterdam, as you are disembarking, unless you are doing a BTB.   For packing reasons, how's the temperature been so far, particularly interested in the day you were at Tracy Arm?  We like to sit on the open deck while the ship is sailing,  if you have been out there, how's that temperature?  I know the wind makes a big difference.  Trying to avoid bringing the heavy winter coat.

3 hours ago, Signal Mtn said:

For packing reasons, how's the temperature been so far, particularly interested in the day you were at Tracy Arm?  We like to sit on the open deck while the ship is sailing,  if you have been out there, how's that temperature?  I know the wind makes a big difference.  Trying to avoid bringing the heavy winter coat.

Tracy Arm was light winds and mid 50s...  Was very comfortable in a long sleeve shirt and light jacket.  Juneau was lower 60s and light winds.  We are approaching Icy Strait and it is raining in the mountains to the NE of here...  Still comfortable on deck in long sleeves...

Good Morning,
Today we are in Icy Strait Point
Entertainment tonight:
Ocean Bar:
Ocean Trio has 4 sets today, 4:30, 6:00, 7:45 & 9:45
Piano Bar:
Returns Tomorrow
Explorers's Lounge:
Adagio Plays at 3:00, 6:30, 7:30, and 8:30
Main Stage:
Atlantic Crossing featuring the Amsterdam Singers and Dancers
Movie:
Five Feet Apart
Today's movies on the TV
Ch35:
Ch36:
Ch37: Fighting with My Family
Happy Hour:
4:00 - 5:00 in the Ocean Bar and Crow's Nest, 10:00 - 11:00 in the Crow's Nest
over the course of the day - Scattagories, Pickleball, Ping Pong, Party
Bridge, Mahjong and more

TowelAnimal20190607.jpg

W&W20190608A.jpg

W&W20190608B.jpg

11 minutes ago, 65 Gator said:

The last time we were here, we tendered in.  Now, there is a very nice pier and walkway.  They even have a vehicle to carry passengers to the end of the pier.

Cruise 2019 Alaska-134.jpg

Cruise 2019 Alaska-133.jpg

So beautiful! Can't wait to go to Icy Strait Point - first time will be this August - my 15th Alaska cruise! And let me take this opportunity to thank you again for this thread - I'll be on Amsterdam same itinerary and this is really a wonderful way to get excited!