Which Oasis class ship?

We picked the Harmony as we prefer to go out of Port Canaveral vs. having to go to Miami or Fort Lauderdale (ages 24-83).  It's much less expensive for us to fly into Orlando and we prefer Orlando for an extra vs. the other places (a day at Disney and an evening to visit my nephew who lives in Orlando).

We just booked Oasis for December - but I HATE Cats - but..... it was $600 cheaper for the 2 of us over other ships. I have seen Mamma Mia, Grease and Hairspray 2-3 times each in 'real' theater, so I can't base it on a show.

We based it on price and fresh out of dry dock.

I have been considering switching though, so we get perfect day over labadee.... Ive been going back and forth, but not sure $600 is worth it for a show and a port.

13 hours ago, Denise5374 said:

Thank you all for your thoughts.

The cruise isn't until March 2021 so I have a lot of time to decide.

We chose Oasis for our March 2021 cruise.  The price was far better than Symphony and Harmony and the week we can travel (March 14th), we liked the western ports far more than those offered that week on the Allure (Eastern ports).  We are excited to see the AMPing of the Oasis since we sailed her about 6 or 7 years ago.  We also hope they ditch Cats, but if not, we will just skip the show and do something else.

On 6/6/2019 at 7:50 PM, theEvilQueen2 said:

Btw, we were on Oasis the week Cats began. Over half of the audience (including some of my travel buddies) walked out at the break. I wasn't crazy about it on Broadway, but it was really bad on the ship. There were bad technical problems (evidently they had to use the original 1960's soundtrack). Anyway, if you can last, the 2nd half is actually better. I'm very glad it's going away. Chicago is still the best. Grease is getting really old. everyone has seen it and the story is dated. I don't like Abba, never have, but that's just personal taste   

CATS is from the 80's 🐱

Music should have been live, not a soundtrack.

The technical issues generally relate to the tire lift at the end. 

Edited by John&LaLa

I'm hoping Cats stays off Harmony. I've seen it on broadway and it is not a show I'd watch again. But we don't sail on Harmony until 11/2020, so I wouldn't be surprised

if I miss out on Grease.

Edited by leight
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2019 at 10:54 AM, copycat53 said:

I would choose for the shows.  

I went on the Oasis last year and didn't stay for the 2nd half of Cats.    Come Fly With Me, the ice skating show and the aqua show were amazing though..

Very few like Cats. Nearly empty after intermission. 

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Very few like Cats. Nearly empty after intermission. 

Why do you think they are auditioning a new cast?

Just curious,  how long ago did you see it on Oasis?

Recent cast was very good.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

I think has been almost 5 years.Since the last dry dock.

My answer was to Johns question. I haven’t been on Oasis in 3 years. That was the last time we saw CATS. We and many others left at intermission. Not sure cast changes would make much of a difference. 

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s been almost 3 years now since CATS. Did they change the show format?

Not to my knowledge.  ALW would not allow it. Maybe some adjustments if they renew

8 hours ago, Denise5374 said:

Week between Palm Sunday and Easter 2021.  The dates are March 27 or 28 and yes we will be flying.

I put my vote in for Oasis as well. It will have all the features (and more) of the newer Oasis class ships (Harmony/Symphony) at a much cheaper "older ship" price. 🙂.  Plus, the March 28th sailing will be stopping at Royals private beach at Labadee, which I would prefer over Perfect Day at CoCoCay.  I like the tropical beach island feel over the built-up Bahama island.

As for Cats, it's a free show and I never turn down anything free but if you have strong feelings about it (it appears many do), there is plenty of other shows to see so you won't miss it or go bored.