Stockholder OBC YAY!!!

On 6/5/2019 at 6:26 PM, Host Clarea said:

These restrictions seem less than before.  No mention of OBC or C&A balcony discount.

I agree, this is a much shorter list than it was prior, at least from my memory. I assume given the purchase price for 100 shares people were complaining; it *was* very restrictive.

22 hours ago, Beachammo said:

Got my first response for my upcoming Vision Med cruise......Rejected!!

I did receive a $150 OBC as part of a Royal "Sale". Doesn't mention that I booked this in 2018. I still have 3 others pending.

Here is Royal's response....

Thank you for your email.

As offers are not combinable, the requested shareholder’s onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation because there is another discount or onboard credit offer already applied. If you wish to take advantage of the shareholder’s offer instead of the other offer, please contact your travel agent to have that offer removed. Once the other offer is removed, please resubmit your complete request.

Kind Regards,

Raquel
Shareholder Benefit Team
Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

The Rep. that called me, in response to my e-mail, said it's effective with bookings as of June 1, 2019.  I had booked a sail only a week earlier.:classic_sad:

4 hours ago, nelblu said:

The Rep. that called me, in response to my e-mail, said it's effective with bookings as of June 1, 2019.  I had booked a sail only a week earlier.:classic_sad:

We booked our July 2019 cruise in Dec 2018 so must have been on the good side of that policy change.  I guess I shouldn't get too excited about future RCCL bookings then.  My next few cruises after July is with CCL so luckily no worries with them.

7 minutes ago, dude_hdt said:

We booked our July 2019 cruise in Dec 2018 so must have been on the good side of that policy change.  I guess I shouldn't get too excited about future RCCL bookings then.  My next few cruises after July is with CCL so luckily no worries with them.

From your post there seems to be some confusion, unless I'm misunderstanding it.  We are talking bout combining balcony discounts with shareholders benefits.  From what has been discussed here, the policy seemed to have changed in that they are now combinable effective with June 1, 2019 bookings.

Are you saying that your Dec. 2018 booking, you were allowed to combine them and if so, you were lucky.

We do have a balcony but if you're talking about "balcony discount" from diamond, etc... then, no we don't have that.  We cruised with RCCL twice last year with promenade window cabins but go plenty of hassles for trying to apply stock benefits.  No issues at all this time around.

1 hour ago, dude_hdt said:

We do have a balcony but if you're talking about "balcony discount" from diamond, etc... then, no we don't have that.  We cruised with RCCL twice last year with promenade window cabins but go plenty of hassles for trying to apply stock benefits.  No issues at all this time around.

Gotta it,

Another thing they quietly slipped in is you can't use the shareholder benefit towards the service charges (which I assume are the gratuities) any longer. 

So what happens if you booked prior to June 1? In April I booked a 10 day cruise for 2020. I expected to get $200 OBC. I went out of my way to not have the balcony discount applied (the balcony discount is a complete farce as well) knowing they can’t be combined. Am I grandfathered with the old rules...Do I fall under the new plan... or am I screwed and get nothing??

3 minutes ago, MrBacardi5 said:

Another thing they quietly slipped in is you can't use the shareholder benefit towards the service charges (which I assume are the gratuities) any longer. 

So what happens if you booked prior to June 1? In April I booked a 10 day cruise for 2020. I expected to get $200 OBC. I went out of my way to not have the balcony discount applied (the balcony discount is a complete farce as well) knowing they can’t be combined. Am I grandfathered with the old rules...Do I fall under the new plan... or am I screwed and get nothing??

The new rules are in effect beginning with June 1 bookings.  If you booked in April, you should be under the old rules.  Call and confirm.

As D+, the balcony discount  would give me  $350 vs the $200 in OBC for a 10 night cruise.

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

The new rules are in effect beginning with June 1 bookings.  If you booked in April, you should be under the old rules.  Call and confirm.

As D+, the balcony discount  would give me  $350 vs the $200 in OBC for a 10 night cruise.

I wrote to them this morning, will probably hear from them next week. I would think I should get what was in effect when I booked it

9 hours ago, MrBacardi5 said:

You are screwed.

All early bookings - before June 1st- are "punished". I applied for OBC for 4 cruises booked before the June date and received a negative response (the 4 cruises have no whatsoever original/previous OBC applied!!)

Now I am confused; we booked last month (May, 2019) through our travel agency so are we disqualified from receiving the stockholder's OBC?  I printed a few copies of the request form just in case.  We've used this type of benefit on Princess (Carnival Cruise Lines) for years; on that line we can combine all the OBC benefits we qualify for, i.e., military, tier status, booking promo and you still get whatever OBC your travel agent provides.  So...this is great news from RCCL.  If you can add any tidbits to my understanding of how this is going to work, please do so asap.  Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, socialworker said:

Now I am confused; we booked last month (May, 2019) through our travel agency so are we disqualified from receiving the stockholder's OBC?  I printed a few copies of the request form just in case.  We've used this type of benefit on Princess (Carnival Cruise Lines) for years; on that line we can combine all the OBC benefits we qualify for, i.e., military, tier status, booking promo and you still get whatever OBC your travel agent provides.  So...this is great news from RCCL.  If you can add any tidbits to my understanding of how this is going to work, please do so asap.  Thanks. 

Since your booking preceeds the policy change of June 1, 2019, your situation falls under the old policy, which was very restrictive in terms of combining.

Here is the response from RCL. We fall under the old rules. If you have a cruise far down the road the road that you may benefit from with the new rules then cancel it and rebook it. I have one cruise for later in 2020 I will have to keep my eye on

2733A9A0-CC1F-4965-9794-F20C27916A9D.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I have never received a shareholder's benefit but I always try.  This year I sent in the form and received an email saying I would get $100 instead of $200 because I have 'other discounts'. I did get $50 obc from Royal.   I have tried to email several times asking what other discounts totaling $50 I am receiving but I get no reply.  

Can someone give me a contact that might actually respond?  I have been emailing the shareholderbenefit@rccl.com.

Is there some other email I should be using or is there a phone number I can call?

4 minutes ago, thefamilycruisers said:

I have never received a shareholder's benefit but I always try.  This year I sent in the form and received an email saying I would get $100 instead of $200 because I have 'other discounts'. I did get $50 obc from Royal.   I have tried to email several times asking what other discounts totaling $50 I am receiving but I get no reply.  

Can someone give me a contact that might actually respond?  I have been emailing the shareholderbenefit@rccl.com.

Is there some other email I should be using or is there a phone number I can call?

Look at the "How do I redeem" part:

https://www.rclinvestor.com/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

10 hours ago, thefamilycruisers said:

Try looking at your invoice; it should have everything listed in the cruise fare section. I've noticed that lately they have been adding various 'sale' amounts in the discount section, such as 'beat the clock', 'flash sale', or just 'savings', usually in amounts of $50 or $75.

19 hours ago, thefamilycruisers said:

I never had a problem until my cruise next month. On 2 previous cruises I got the full amount even though I had senior and resident discounts as well as Wander and wow sales. I was always under the belief that as long as your discount didn’t involve OBC it was not a problem. This time they started pulling the non-combinable   crap on me. Gave me 25 instead of 100.  I called and spent over an hour going in circles with them, never getting a straight answer. Eventually they upped it to 50. 

I booked another cruise last April for next year, 10 days. With new rules Im only entitled to 100 instead of 200. After this nonsense and that I can now combine with balcony discount I completely rebooked it recently.

the phone number to call is 954-628-9325, option 3. Good luck!

On 6/5/2019 at 5:50 PM, Beachammo said:

Where do you go to apply?

I get a diamond plus discount and also thought the benefit was not combinable.

I have had that issue also.  Told I couldn't use it in the past.

Seems they've reconsidered.

If ANYONE can get a published special fare and we can't use the SH benefit; its meaningless to hold the stock.

31 minutes ago, scootersdad said:

I have had that issue also.  Told I couldn't use it in the past.

Seems they've reconsidered.

If ANYONE can get a published special fare and we can't use the SH benefit; its meaningless to hold the stock.

They've changed their policy for cruises booked 1 June 2019 and beyond.  It not can be combined.  🍷

I talked to someone today and was told that I am not really entitled to any Shareholder's benefit because of all the discounts I received.  Still not really sure what those were.  The woman told me that they made an exception in my case and decided to give me $100.  So I guess I'm lucky and should be excited to get anything.  lol 

Just now, thefamilycruisers said:

I talked to someone today and was told that I am not really entitled to any Shareholder's benefit because of all the discounts I received.  Still not really sure what those were.  The woman told me that they made an exception in my case and decided to give me $100.  So I guess I'm lucky and should be excited to get anything.  lol 

They are referring to the fake discounts.  It's been 5 years since the fake discount era started, and they finally realized that with  every fare having a fake discount, it's pretty hard to get the shareholder benefit.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 9:25 PM, thefamilycruisers said:

Can you please post telephone number you called. Just last week I was denied shareholder credit on two booked cruises, was told it was because of price code it was booked under from TA. 

3 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Can you please post telephone number you called. Just last week I was denied shareholder credit on two booked cruises, was told it was because of price code it was booked under from TA. 

954-628-9325 Option 3. Be prepared for a runaround. Good luck!