Stockholder OBC YAY!!!

17 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

These restrictions seem less than before.  No mention of OBC or C&A balcony discount.

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe they are "loosening the purse strings" a little more trying to keep shareholders happy.

The wording  for paragraph  6  has definitely changed to be somewhat less restrictive. They did lower the $'s for cruises of 10 to 13(?) days to $100 but I guess being able to get something is better than getting nothing at all.

Edited by zebra36

On 6/5/2019 at 6:32 PM, mugtech said:

Galapagos sailings?  When was that?

That was for Celebrity sailings. The stock benefit works on Celebrity, and since Celebrity does not offer balcony discounts, it was able to be used  often when we sailed Celebrity. 

M

Glad to see some are getting the benefit again.  Of course to be consistently inconsistent, mine was recently rejected because I had some thing on my booking that was not combinable but they could not tell me what that was.  They were kind enough to send me an email for someone I do not know who has had their $200 shareholdler benefit approved.  I emailed them back about sending me someone else's response in error but I have not heard anything back regarding my concerns about this misdirected email.

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

How many shares do you have to own to be eligible for the discount? 

26 minutes ago, Coralc said:

100 minimum. 

At yesterday’s closing price that makes it $12,097 plus brokerage fees. 

if you are buying the stock as an investment that’s fine but don’t buy it just for the OBC.

• Like 1

For cruises booked as of June 1,  2019, according to the latest documentation from RC, the restriction on combining offers of OBC is lifted.  https://www.rclinvestor.com/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

Notice that any language about what you CANNOT do is gone.

This is the relevant section:

8. Are there any restrictions?
Show Less

Shareholder benefit offer applies to bookings made on or after June 1, 2019. Onboard credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy, one shareholder credit per stateroom, and one credit per shareholder per sailing. If you are requesting shareholder onboard credit for two or more separate staterooms and shares are held jointly, a minimum of 100 shares per stateroom booked must be held. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare receive full onboard credit value. Onboard credit may not be used for onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities. Any unused credit after the final night of the sailing shall be forfeited and is not redeemable for cash. Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Benefit is not combinable with interline rates, travel agent rates, and employee friends and family rates. Benefit cannot be redeemed for chartered sailings or complimentary sailings. Taxes, fees and port expenses are additional and apply to all guests. The shareholder must own the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. stock at time of sailing. Onboard credit is calculated in US dollars except on sailings where the onboard currency used is a foreign currency (in which case the onboard credit will be converted at a currency exchange rate determined by the cruise line). Onboard credit amount is credited to shareholder’s stateroom folio at time of sailing. Other terms and conditions may apply. Prices and offers are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. For full details visit https://www.rclinvestor.com/faqs/shareholder-benefit/ or call (954) 628-9325, option #3. ©2019 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

48 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry Carol

Ken, that thread is pretty much all over the place.  

This is the definitive new policy.  It was announced at the Top Tier Party this morning on the Anthem.

For cruises booked on or after June 1, 2019, you can get the shareholder OBC even if you have (for example) the C&A balcony discount and Next Cruise OBC.

The salient passage is #8 on this page:  https://www.rclinvestor.com/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

It lacks ANY reference to noncombinable offers.  And as I said, it was announced from the stage this morning.

Doesn't affect me, but I'm glad that they've brought this back for those of you that have shares.

I've never understood why they penalised those of you that have invested money in the company by refusing you the ability to combine the OBC benefit with their other offers.

Thanks for the thread.  I am happy to hear the restrictions have been lifted.  

Due ir to those combinability rules, I not been able to use the shareholder benefit for many cruises yet held the stock because I believe in the company.  It will be nice to again have two reasons to own the stock.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Thanks for the thread.  I am happy to hear the restrictions have been lifted.  

Due ir to those combinability rules, I not been able to use the shareholder benefit for many cruises yet held the stock because I believe in the company.  It will be nice to again have two reasons to own the stock.

I made my request last month for my August cruise.  It was denied because it was not combinable with the WOW promotion.  Of course they offered to replace my $200 OBC (WOW) with the Stock benefit of $100 if I wanted.  I have tried to get the benefit for the last 9 years with no success, but I have enjoyed increased value in the stock price that far outweighs the $100 OBC.  Also, 100 shares yields about $250-$280 in dividends per year.

10 minutes ago, Mythbuster said:

I made my request last month for my August cruise.  It was denied because it was not combinable with the WOW promotion.  Of course they offered to replace my $200 OBC (WOW) with the Stock benefit of $100 if I wanted.  I have tried to get the benefit for the last 9 years with no success, but I have enjoyed increased value in the stock price that far outweighs the $100 OBC.  Also, 100 shares yields about $250-$280 in dividends per year.

I would resubmit your request.  Even though it states for booking made on or after June 1 it would not surprise me if some older bookings slipped through.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would resubmit your request.  Even though it states for booking made on or after June 1 it would not surprise me if some older bookings slipped through.  

I just did, I will let everyone know what happens.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I mailed off the stock holder credit form today. I'll let everyone know if successful.

• Like 1

I had 8 upcoming cruises over the next 3 years, with both Royal and Celebrity, so I sent in a request, to see what happened.

7 were denied, but one stated I would be receiving a $200 Shareholder OBC.

Here is a summary of the responses:

2019 Silhouette (Booked Sept 2018 on-board with Go Better 2 Perks, +$150 Shipboard Credit On-Board Booking Bonus, and $50 B2B Savings)

Thank you for your email. As a valued shareholder, you are very important to us. The requested shareholder benefit onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation xxxxxxx as it is not combinable with the offer, GOBETTER BEVOBC, listed on your reservation.

Thank you for choosing to sail with us. We hope you and your wife have an enjoyable cruise.

Kind Regards,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team

Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

2019 Silhouette (Booked Sept 2018 on-board with Go Better 2 Perks, +$150 Shipboard Credit On-Board Booking Bonus)

Thank you for your email. As a valued shareholder, you are very important to us. The requested shareholder benefit onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation xxxxxxx as it is not combinable with the offer, GOBETTER BEVOBC, listed on your reservation.

Thank you for choosing to sail with us. We hope you and your wife have an enjoyable cruise.

Kind Regards,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team

2020 Symphony (Booked  March 2018 with $225 Past Guest Promo per person, and $563 Non Refundable Deposit Promo per person)

Thank you for your email.

As offers are not combinable, the requested shareholder’s onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation xxxxxxx because there are other discount offers already applied that are greater than the shareholder benefit. If you wish to take advantage of the shareholder’s offer instead of the other offers, please contact your travel agent to have those offers removed. Once the other offers are removed, please resubmit your complete request.

Thank you again for choosing to sail with us. We hope you and your wife have another wonderful cruise.

Kind Regards,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

2020 Symphony (Booked March 2018 with $225 Past Guest Promo per person, and $601 Non Refundable Deposit Promo per person)

As offers are not combinable, the requested shareholder’s onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation xxxxxxx because there are other discount offer already applied that are greater than the shareholder benefit. If you wish to take advantage of the shareholder’s offer instead of the other offers, please contact your travel agent to have those offers removed. Once the other offers are removed, please resubmit your complete request.

Thank you again for choosing to sail with us. We hope you and your wife have a wonderful cruise.

Kind Regards,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

2020 Silhouette (Booked March 2018 on-board with Go Big 1 Perks, +$200 Shipboard Credit On-Board Booking Bonus)

Thank you for contacting our Shareholder Benefit Team. As a valued shareholder and guest, you are very important to us. On behalf of our company, it is my pleasure to respond to your correspondence.

We applied your Shareholder Benefit onboard credit to your booking xxxxxxx for $200.00. While your onboard credit has been added, it may not immediately appear on your SeaPass folio on the first day of your cruise. Please allow up to two days into your sailing for the credit to reflect on your account.

Thank you again for choosing to sail with us. We hope you and your wife have a wonderful cruise.

Sincerely,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team.

2021 Reflection (Booked Jan 2019 with Celebrity Season Savings, with reduced deposit, Classic Beverage Package, pre-paid Gratuties, and MLK promo with $100 Shipboard Credit)

Thank you for your email. As a valued shareholder, you are very important to us. The requested shareholder benefit onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation xxxxxxx as it is not combinable with the offer, GOBETTER BEVGRT, listed on your reservation.

Kind Regards,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team

2021 Apex (Booked March 2019 on-board with Go Better 2 Perks, +$150 Shipboard Credit On-Board Booking Bonus)

Thank you for your email. As a valued shareholder, you are very important to us. The requested shareholder benefit onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation xxxxxxx as it is not combinable with the offer, GOBETTER BEVGRT, listed on your reservation.

Kind Regards,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team

2021 Equinox (Booked Jan 2019 with Celebrity Season Savings, with reduced deposit, Classic Beverage Package, pre-paid Gratuties, and MLK promo with $100 Shipboard Credit)

Kind Regards,

Denise

Shareholder Benefit Team

• Thanks 1

I had sent an e-mail to the shareholder's benefits group asking for confirmation that this benefit is combinable with the C&A balcony discount.  Also, asked if it was retroactive.

Expected an e-mail response, however, my phone rang and the caller ID identified the number as Royal--I assumed that possibility of the "upgrade fairy" for my upcoming Anthem cruise--No!:classic_rolleyes: The gentleman went on to introduce himself and confirmed that the benefits are combinable and with an effective day of June 1, 2019.  I was pleasantly surprised that someone at RCL took the time to call to answer my inquiry and exchange a few pleasantries. 

Also, mentioned to him that this was a pleasant change, however, many times when RCL is running a quick $ off sale it basically dilutes the C&A balcony discount.  He agreed and mentioned that RCL appreciates any feedback.  I said to him to relay C&A members concerns to the promo dept. and maybe they can make some further changes.:classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

We just submitted out stock proof last week for July 21 sailing on HOTS and got all of the OBC!!!  I sailed Liberty twice last year and after lots of arguments on the phone was only able to get partial OBC at best so thoroughly surprised RC gave us the full amount this time.  Hope this is the new way forward as we never had issues with Carnival stocks and their OBC.

On 6/5/2019 at 5:50 PM, Beachammo said:

Where do you go to apply?

I get a diamond plus discount and also thought the benefit was not combinable.

That is why I sold.  It was great while it lasted, but once I could not combine, I dumped the stock, made some good money and that was it.

We are in the UK and have held stock since the crash of 2008 

This is great news that Shareholder’s OBC is now combinable again with balcony discount , will definitely have to remember that now when planning future cruises . We currently only have one cruise booked with RCI , November 2020, that has been booked ages and it is a balcony , nearer the time will chance our arm and apply for it . 

As an aside, our recent cruise on Explorer we had an inside cabin with no promotions attached to the reservation and applied for the OBC weeks before the cruise via   the stockbroker who holds the certificate . Several e.mails back and forth between the stockbroker and  RCI shareholder section as they were not accepting the e.mails , something to do with encryption, we finally got it sorted but not until we were on the cruise we wanted the OBC for !!! . 

It was while we were getting the OBC applied to our seapass account onboard I find out that Guest services can print off your reservation invoice therefore they know exactly how much you paid for your cruise, I never knew that, you learn something new everyday 😆

Edited by heatherb1958

Early bookers (with bookings before June 1st) are punished although stockholders shall have the same rights. I checked my early bookings with shareholder Dpt and they denied OBCs for my cruises booked before June 1st. Well.

Got my first response for my upcoming Vision Med cruise......Rejected!!

I did receive a $150 OBC as part of a Royal "Sale". Doesn't mention that I booked this in 2018. I still have 3 others pending.

Here is Royal's response....

As offers are not combinable, the requested shareholder’s onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation because there is another discount or onboard credit offer already applied. If you wish to take advantage of the shareholder’s offer instead of the other offer, please contact your travel agent to have that offer removed. Once the other offer is removed, please resubmit your complete request.

Kind Regards,

Raquel
Shareholder Benefit Team

Edited by Beachammo