speciality Restaurants on Symphony of the seas

Can anyone tell your thoughts on the restaurants on Symphony of the sea?

which did you like?

which  did you not like?

anyone that was extra special?

which entree or menu item did you love ?

thanks

Joy

21 minutes ago, joyhannah said:

which did you like?

which  did you not like?

thanks

Joy

We had a BOGO and a 5 night package as well as 1 thrown in by out TA.  Loved Chop"s, went there twice and had a excellent Ribeye, we always get the pork belly appetizer cooked extra crispy, wife loved the Filet.  Ate twice at 150 and it was a great meal, I was able to order the tenderloin for two just for myself as my wife was on a chicken kick that night. If you have never done Wonderland it is a great one time visit.  Lots of negative comments about Jamie's but we both thought it was a great meal, also ate there twice, wife had chicken I had the pork medallions and we were able to share a third entree which was the Cauliflower steak, cauliflower steak might have been at 150. Also a lot of comments that Izumi is not included, we asked when we were making all our reservations and they let us reserve one night. Had MTD and only ate in the MDR one time for dinner.  Solarium Bistro was a really good choice for dinner, salad buffet, dinner served by staff and then desert Buffet.  Favorite meal was the tenderloin in 150. and a close second was the  Pork Belly Appetizer in Chop"s. If you get the package they no longer pre reserve any time or day,  we just went straight up to Wonderland and the hostess made all the reservations, We were on the 14 night transatlantic.  happy cruising. 

2 hours ago, joyhannah said:

which did you like?

which  did you not like?

thanks

Joy

150 CP was our absolute favorite!  Wonderland is fabulous if you want to be a little adventurous.  Jamie’s and Hooked are ok but not our favorite. 

I went with 5 other people and I am sure most would pick a different restaurant. Wonderland was not my thing but others loved it. But it was something very different and I am glad I went. We also went to Izumi, Jamie’s, Hooked, Playmakers and thought they were all great. The atmosphere in Hooked was a little off but the food was good. We didn’t go to Chops or 150 because we had eaten there so many times before and wanted to try different places. I think the hibachi at Izumi was probably the best I have ever had at that type of restaurant. 

Symphony is a really great ship have a great time!

We have been to 150, Jamie’s, Izumi and Chops on other ships. So on our last symphony cruise we only went to Hooked.  We enjoyed the raw  oysters, baked oysters, lobster and desserts. 

I think I am in the minority on this, but I actually enjoyed the fast food Mexican near the pool deck.    Not sure of the name. I  particularly liked the breakfast there.   Breakfast wraps, huevos rancheros, etc. Just a bit different from the other usual breakfast items on board ships 

Enjoy 

M

We did lunch at Jamie’s and Hooked.  They were both fabulous!  We liked Jamie’s better but the mussels at Hooked was the best dish I ate all week!   I recommend lunch because it’s less expensive but you still get a ton of food!

I loved the idea of Hooked but was really disappointed in the food when we went.  I also like slaw with a fish meal and their slaw was absolutely the worst I ever tasted.  Ask for a sample before ordering.

2 hours ago, Queen of Oakville said:

Are any of the restaurants adult only?  Was hoping to do Chops and 150 - my kids are 12 and 13.  

Does the Mexican fast food place have burritos for lunch?

Sorry - simply don't recall.  I was more interested in breakfast there.   They also had made to order omelets. 

Your children are welcome at every restaurant. 

enjoy

m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, truffles2 said:

I loved the idea of Hooked but was really disappointed in the food when we went.  I also like slaw with a fish meal and their slaw was absolutely the worst I ever tasted.  Ask for a sample before ordering.

Have to agree.  Tried Hooked on Navigator last month and it was bad.  Overcooked, bland fish.  Overcooked shrimp.  Lobster was pretty good though (I ordered a platter with fish, shrimp and lobster.)  Also had some baked oysters that were really only ok - have had much better in land-based higher end seafood restaurants.  Disappointing overall.  

We did Chops on Mariner and really enjoyed it, but wasn't as impressed with it on Symphony.  But, we really enjoyed our dinner at Jamie's.  Amazing appetizers, meals (salmon, truffle pasta), and desserts.  Yum!

We were on the Symphony on the Thanksgiving cruise, so our experience may have been effected by that.   We generally eat only in the specialty restaurants but actually because of our experience on the Symphony,  on our upcoming Anthem cruise that will change.   

We ate in Jamies' twice, Chops, Wonderland twice ( once comped due to horrible experience  on first visit); Hooked, 150, and Hibachi.

Hibachi was awful- food and service.   We are a  mother and daughter, and the chef completely ignored us and favored a   family celebrating an engagement at the table.  I did complain and the manager did apologize.   Food was nothing special.

Jamies- very good both nights.  I hope the restaurant stays on the ship but no idea now due  to the financial issues re the chef.  We liked eating outside and listening to the music.

Chops  - ok, but my daughter thought the Turkey dinner brought from the  main dining room was better  than the other food.

Hooked- awful.   We had lunch there. Worst lobster roll I ever had.   My daughter did like her mussels.  She hated her fish sandwich.   Awful service too.

150-  we were both  not feeling well  that night so really cannot judge the food fairly.   Service was somewhat pretentious though.

Wonderland-  First visit was awful, both food and service.   ( So bad we ended up  getting burgers later).  Manager then offered another dinner.  I was not sure but we took him up on it.    Second time was a charm- great server, food and I loved the Mad Hatter.   Actually he was one of  my favorites on the ship-  this guy should be promoted to cruise director- super funny, charming.

Our experiences could have been effected by fact this was first  7 day cruise from Florida. 

We did not enjoy the ship overall.   But that is another story.

A couple weeks ago we were on Symphony.  We did Hooked', we thought it was eh.

Raw oysters: decent.

Calamari:  eh.  tough.  We had heard that they were as good as Jamie's.  We had calamari at Jamie's the year before on Harmony.  This is an apple and oranges type of the thing, two different restaurants on two different ship, so you mileage may very

Crab cakes:  These had mostly breading.  Not good.  These were probably following a standard recipe, so I would think they would be consistently not good.

Whole fried fish:  Good.

Sides: Okay

Atmosphere: Okay

Service: Decent 

Just not something we would be rushing back to partake.