Printing Boarding Passes

I just paid off our cruise for October. And according to Carnivals FAQ and past experience you can print your boarding passes once your balance is paid even if you are not able to do the on-line check in. I tried to print them but it won’t let me. It only lets me do luggage tags. Did Carnival change it’s policy?

I may be mistaken, but I thought Carnival changed this.

My understanding is that you can't print the boarding passes until your check-in is complete...and you can't complete that until 90 days before the cruise.

I currently have 5 cruises booked and fully paid for (the earliest is in November 2019) and can't print the boarding documents for any of them.

I would ASSUME that the OP's boarding pass will become available in July (90 days from the sail date of October)

Garnett

• Like 3

11 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

I may be mistaken, but I thought Carnival changed this.

My understanding is that you can't print the boarding passes until your check-in is complete...and you can't complete that until 90 days before the cruise.

I currently have 5 cruises booked and fully paid for (the earliest is in November 2019) and can't print the boarding documents for any of them.

I would ASSUME that the OP's boarding pass will become available in July (90 days from the sail date of October)

Garnett

This.  I was not able to print my boarding pass until two days before the cruise since someone in my party did not complete their check in. They may not have done this had I not lied and told them they needed to check in at least 24 hours before the cruise.  It sounded innocuous and it worked.  I'm not ashamed of it, either.  I'm a Type A traveler, so you know this drove me crazy.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LuckyStar said:

This.  I was not able to print my boarding pass until two days before the cruise since someone in my party did not complete their check in. They may not have done this had I not lied and told them they needed to check in at least 24 hours before the cruise.  It sounded innocuous and it worked.  I'm not ashamed of it, either.  I'm a Type A traveler, so you know this drove me crazy.  LOL

I totally understand. Lol that’s why I’m wanting to print mine now. 

22 hours ago, LuckyStar said:

18 hours ago, cruisesmakemehappy said:

I totally understand. Lol that’s why I’m wanting to print mine now. 

That reminds me of one of our cruises.  We were getting ready to leave our hotel to go to the port and I asked my SIL if she had their boarding passes handy in case we had to show them to enter the port.  She had forgotten to print them.  Luckily the hotel had computer access and a printer.  She entered her booking number and it said it was invalid.  She went into a panic.  I looked at it and it had either a zero or an O in the number.  I told her to change which ever she had entered into the other and it worked.  Now I always remind her in advance to make sure she has printed the boarding passes.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I’ve asked this a few times. Still don’t have a definite answer. I have 3 cruises booked-3/24,5/24 and 5/25. 3/24 is paid off and the only one that shows date and box to click for selecting boarding time. Is this normal? 

2 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I’ve asked this a few times. Still don’t have a definite answer. I have 3 cruises booked-3/24,5/24 and 5/25. 3/24 is paid off and the only one that shows date and box to click for selecting boarding time. Is this normal? 

Do you really need to worry about this until it is closer to your actual check-in date for those other cruises? 

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

Do you really need to worry about this until it is closer to your actual check-in date for those other cruises? 

No! But I’m a little OCD about things like this and I was putting things on my ‘24 calendar and would just feel a bit better if I knew! 2025 cruise can wait lol but I’d like to get all the “stuff” organized for my 5/24 cruise. Just wondered if anyone knew why It wasn’t showing up! 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I just realized that I will be on another cruise (Oceania) when I am able to check-in for my 3/25 cruise.  Hope I can get a good Wi-Fi signal!!!

We've done that. We've also booked a future cruise via IMs with our PVP while on a cruise. Retirement rocks. 😎

19 minutes ago, ChrisToni said:

Can't print boarding passes until you are checked in online.  Can't do that until two weeks prior to sailing.

I’m not talking about boarding passes. My planner is missing the date and button to click to check in. 

Since I cannot see what is involved on the "online check-in" page before 2 weeks out, could someone tell me what information is needed beside providing credit card numbers. I will be checking in for two staterooms (5 people.)   Remember, I will be out-of-town and on another ship during check-in.  I want to go prepared.  Do I need passport numbers (adults) and birth certificate numbers (grandchildren), birthdates, etc.?

7 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Since I cannot see what is involved on the "online check-in" page before 2 weeks out, could someone tell me what information is needed beside providing credit card numbers. I will be checking in for two staterooms (5 people.)   Remember, I will be out-of-town and on another ship during check-in.  I want to go prepared.  Do I need passport numbers (adults) and birth certificate numbers (grandchildren), birthdates, etc.?

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3421

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

For anyone reading this thread who may not have realized, cold roller revived a 4 year old thread. The OP probably doesn't need help at this point. 😉 

No they probably don't, but iamthesea is asking for help as of 45 mins ago so I thought I would.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

For anyone reading this thread who may not have realized, cold roller revived a 4 year old thread. The OP probably doesn't need help at this point. 😉 

I did realize that it was an old thread, but then Crusin Karen asked a couple of questions, so I went ahead and asked also.  😁  Sometimes a resurrected thread is helpful!  Thanks PayneAS!

• Like 3