Cheap cruise?

2 minutes ago, swimmom1 said:

Now that Cuba has been changed anyone find a cheap cruise with all the cancellations. 

Empress and Majesty sailings are on the GGG flier this week though not sure they are real bargains. 

15 minutes ago, swimmom1 said:

Now that Cuba has been changed anyone find a cheap cruise with all the cancellations. . Need 3 points to diamond and live in south Florida so can jump on at any time. 

Any help much appreciated 

No cruise is "cheap" enough to make it worth becoming diamond

1 hour ago, cruisinfanatic said:

No cruise is "cheap" enough to make it worth becoming diamond

Not knowing the OP’s situation, that may not be true.  If the OP’s next cruise on Royal is a long one (a transatlantic for example), gaining diamond benefits on that long cruise might be worth quite a bit to the OP (and linked family members). Further, the OP might be planning to book more cruises soon, so the increased balcony discount might be in play for all those cruises.  Hypothetically, the OP could be motivated to make D before the 17 year old triplets reach their birthday so the family can all have D benefits on future cruises.  For many people booking a cruise just to move to D would not be worth it, but for some it might be.  Living in S FL reduces the costs greatly, and there may well be an oversupply of Bahamas cruises this fall due after Cuba cancellations.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Not knowing the OP’s situation, that may not be true.  If the OP’s next cruise on Royal is a long one (a transatlantic for example), gaining diamond benefits on that long cruise might be worth quite a bit to the OP (and linked family members). Further, the OP might be planning to book more cruises soon, so the increased balcony discount might be in play for all those cruises.  Hypothetically, the OP could be motivated to make D before the 17 year old triplets reach their birthday so the family can all have D benefits on future cruises.  For many people booking a cruise just to move to D would not be worth it, but for some it might be.  Living in S FL reduces the costs greatly, and there may well be an oversupply of Bahamas cruises this fall due after Cuba cancellations.

And to add on even on any cruise I would say that the daily drinks in the lounge save us $100 per day (ready for the comments Bob/Ken) so it could be worth it if the price is right😇

Edited by molly361

Both Empress and Majesty have some lower priced itineraries at the moment.  Lower than their counterparts and no single supplement on many of them, plus in some cases refundable.

I may have picked up a couple myself.  

Considering July is a peak summer month Empress has a decent Eastern 8 night cruise much lower than other ships for that route in July.

Edited by twangster

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

And to add on even on any cruise I would say that the daily drinks in the lounge save us $100 per day (ready for the comments Bob/Ken) so it could be worth it if the price is right😇

Well, there you go...it completely depends upon the people and cost of cruise as individual consumption varies. Evening drinks in the lounge at this point might only save DH and I together about $30 per day, so it would take a longer cruise for us to offset the cost were we looking to do so.  We do enjoy using the lounge at other times and sometimes use the cappuccino machine, so we’d factor that in, too.  

Hopefully the OP will actually enjoy the short cruise, too.

I had not realized that single supplements had been dropped for some sailings.  I’ll have to look at that.