Must Bring Items

10 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

We use them on every cruise.  I tend to drink Champagne when I am unpacking (which may be why I cannot find anything).  I do not drink the whole bottle so use the re-corker to save whatever is left!

TC2 -  to be honest, we have never understood the concept of "leftover wine.". Perhaps the bottles we open just seem to have holes in them. 😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

TC2 -  to be honest, we have never understood the concept of "leftover wine.". Perhaps the bottles we open just seem to have holes in them. 😉

LOL - our bottles at home have the same holes.  What a coincidence🙃

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

LOL - our bottles at home have the same holes.  What a coincidence🙃

4 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

I always blamed evaporation, but either way, same sad result.

7 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

I always blamed evaporation, but either way, same sad result.

We've always blamed evaporation as well. I'm not sure if it's the refrigerator or the cabin AC that evaporates it, but one or both of them always makes it disappear before it should. I tend to blame the cabin AC, but I have just added a wine bottle stopper to my 'must bring items' bag for our cruise next month.

I like to bring magnets! Since there is often limited counter space, I like to hang papers I would like easy reference to on the wall! I have some that are straight magnets that look like push pins, and others that are clips. 

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, islandhalls said:

I like to bring magnets! Since there is often limited counter space, I like to hang papers I would like easy reference to on the wall! I have some that are straight magnets that look like push pins, and others that are clips. 

Glad that I caught you before sailing on Explorer because their wall coverings are so thick that magnets do not work.  Others may chime in and let you know if they work on doors but they do not work on the walls of the suite.  

2 hours ago, bissel said:

Suite 911 on the Explorer will easily take magnets on the wall.

Interesting because they have not worked in our Explorer cruises.  Perhaps different suites have different wall covering thickness!?

8 hours ago, bissel said:

Suite 911 on the Explorer will easily take magnets on the wall.

We stayed in 912 last year and, from memory, ordinary magnets did not work on the walls but were fine on the entrance door and bathroom door.

(.......... so Regent obviously decided that we needed a padded cell 🤨)

In Norway last year we were in 911 (chosen based on yours and other’s comments) and successfully used magnets that were attached to clips. Those particular clips are slightly larger than the little round ones so perhaps the magnetic property was slightly stronger but that seems doubtful. I don’t know but I was very happy to use my five favorite magnets! It truly helps with lessening clutter.

• Like 1

We have been in 817 and 912 on the Explorer.  Both suites would take magnets of normal strength, such as many souvenir magnets, on the short wall dividing the desk and seating areas.

Dave

On 6/14/2019 at 4:29 PM, Travelcat2 said:

Glad that I caught you before sailing on Explorer because their wall coverings are so thick that magnets do not work.  Others may chime in and let you know if they work on doors but they do not work on the walls of the suite.  

The wall by the desk and mirror held magnets nicely but not all suite walls do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 11:35 AM, UUNetBill said:

I use my Apple Watch for an alarm clock. 

I don't have an Apple Watch, but do I recall that there is an actual clock in the cabin?  I seem to remember being surprised to see one since every other cruise line we were on did not provide one.  Alternatively you can use the phone system for an alarm if you wish.

5 hours ago, baz48 said:

I don't have an Apple Watch, but do I recall that there is an actual clock in the cabin?  I seem to remember being surprised to see one since every other cruise line we were on did not provide one.  Alternatively you can use the phone system for an alarm if you wish.

I don't like the in-cabin clock as I can't read it in the dark. I now use my Apple watch and the phone system for wake ups - phone system has never failed me.

In any event remember the really important MUST Brings including your MEDS. A few years ago, I forgot one of meds. Regent Concierge arranged to get some from the ship's Doctor - after an exam and at a cost of $17/pill (compared to about $17 for a 30 day supply at home). Found out later that our medical insurance doesn't cover Stupidity!

"DH and I bring our own rubber wine recorking tops and vacuum device for our rooms for our special wines we do not immediately  finish off ( we also bring a champagne recorker), as personnel can be slow getting it to you, or forget"

Just fyi, a teaspoon  [handle end] inserted into a champagne neck will keep it fizzy and fresh for a couple of days in a fridge [stood upright]

A tip that has stood me in good stead when for one reason or another, the bottle didn't get finished.

2 hours ago, Boatmans Lady said:

"DH and I bring our own rubber wine recorking tops and vacuum device for our rooms for our special wines we do not immediately  finish off ( we also bring a champagne recorker), as personnel can be slow getting it to you, or forget"

Just fyi, a teaspoon  [handle end] inserted into a champagne neck will keep it fizzy and fresh for a couple of days in a fridge [stood upright]

A tip that has stood me in good stead when for one reason or another, the bottle didn't get finished.

Regent provides Champagne re-corkers in all suites - so that's one less thing to bring

2 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

That was my thought process, too - I just don't understand the concept...

I am aloe with you on this, not finishing the bottle is not an issue and the wines in the suites will be fine in 24 hours, which will easily see its completion prior to dinner. As a Brit usually only drink wines/ beer not into liqueur  or cocktails.