Princess Balcony vs Yacht Club Inside

duderino

I am asking for your opinion which you would choose.

My wife and I are going without the kids in January,   Princess has a sale on their beverage package, so the price is about the same for a balcony room on Princess  as an interior room in the Yacht Club.   I am looking at the Seaside and the Sky Princess.   

We were on the Seaside right after it debuted, but we had the Aurea experience.   We have been on Princess, but it was a long time ago.

I really appreciate your opinions.    Thank You

2 hours ago, duderino said:

I am asking for your opinion which you would choose.

My wife and I are going without the kids in January,   Princess has a sale on their beverage package, so the price is about the same for a balcony room on Princess  as an interior room in the Yacht Club.   I am looking at the Seaside and the Sky Princess.   

We were on the Seaside right after it debuted, but we had the Aurea experience.   We have been on Princess, but it was a long time ago.

I really appreciate your opinions.    Thank You

Personally, I'd go with Yacht Club. And we're frequent Princess cruisers.

Yacht Club includes so much more than just a drink Package - the private lounge, private restaurant, private pool and hot tubs, outdoor grill, extra service level, and so on make a big difference over a typical balcony cabin.

Sky Princess is set to be Princess's biggest ship yet, capacity wise  - and yet they haven't added public spaces or more dining venues, etc. Also balconies on the Royal class ships (of which Sky is one) are small - as in you basically can't sit facing forward small! While nice for fresh air - you'd have the entire YC pool deck, and outdoor space of the Too Sail lounge for your balcony 

We have two YC interiors booked later this year - and we've never sailed anything less than a balcony in our 17 years of cruising.  After experiencing YC on Seaside earlier this year, we decided an inside there was worth trying over a balcony elsewhere 

There's loads of posts about YC insides on here, I'd suggest scrolling through and reading up on them.. most seem to agree that the YC inside trumps a balcony elsewhere - given all the extra services and perks. YMMV.

11 hours ago, reedprincess said:

We have two YC interiors booked later this year - and we've never sailed anything less than a balcony ...

Same here!  Once you've done YC it's difficult to go back to regular cabins.  Our next 3 cruises are in YC - 2 in inside cabins.  Our YC deluxe (balcony) cabin on Preziosa next year is actually costing as little as a regular balcony without a drinks package would - amazing value!!  😜

On 6/15/2019 at 10:00 AM, dexddd said:

Reedprincess has it right IMO.  That being said, YINs are kind of small especially the coffin shower.  Our kids also had sewage smell in and around theirs on 18.

You got that right "coffin shower".

Balcony all day long for me.  Honestly after sailing on Seaside in April of this year, I am in no hurry to board an MSC ship.    

Upgraded drink package and all.  Balcony room and all.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

Choosing a Inside YC cabins is a compromise but acceptable if you pack light and are of a small build to use the cabin shower cubicle alternatively can always use the Spa for showering.  There are some YouTube videos which shows these difficulties, then you will be pre-warned. Again I would definitely choose the YC.

Edited by mickey89