3 Drinks only in Diamond Lounge

15 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Pat -- We were lucky on Mariner as the DL was not heavily used during our B2B on May 20.  The 4 nighter usage was light but the 3 nighter hardly had any people using.  We got to the DL around 7:15 PM prior to late seating so it may have been more heavily used earlier in the evening.  Loved the DL Concierge - Tao.  

We were surprisingly pleased with being back on Mariner since 2005.  Loved most of the new changes. Agree...loved Tao, he was great!  Though seats were filled early in the DL (4:30 early birds) we usually waited to walk in just after first seating dining had started ...the place was empty then.  One day we went up early, but just hung out in the area just outside the door talking with a Pinnacle couple at the bar that were having no problems getting their drinks there. Later on...Eartha came out and collected us for a seating of four that came up, even though we did not ask.  She was soooo sweet!  

One of the first DLs I have seen to have sandwiches, etc. on embarkation day, and even more surprising...three different hot entrees for breakfast each day.  Only disappointment was this is one of those ships that shuts down the coffee machine on disembarkation day.  Seems to vary ship to ship.  

We did check out the SL, but thought the seating set in there was not as cozy or welcoming.  IMHO the DL is much nicer.  

11 hours ago, MrCruzdoggie said:

Hanging with Mr Fogies, sounds like a cool sitcom.

My oldest grand daughter felt really grown up when we took her to the D L on both the Oasis & Allure.  As she'll be a couple of years older I wonder how she'll feel when we take her to Harmony's D L.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

We were surprisingly pleased with being back on Mariner since 2005.  Loved most of the new changes. Agree...loved Tao, he was great!  Though seats were filled early in the DL (4:30 early birds) we usually waited to walk in just after first seating dining had started ...the place was empty then.  One day we went up early, but just hung out in the area just outside the door talking with a Pinnacle couple at the bar that were having no problems getting their drinks there. Later on...Eartha came out and collected us for a seating of four that came up, even though we did not ask.  She was soooo sweet!  

One of the first DLs I have seen to have sandwiches, etc. on embarkation day, and even more surprising...three different hot entrees for breakfast each day.  Only disappointment was this is one of those ships that shuts down the coffee machine on disembarkation day.  Seems to vary ship to ship.  

We did check out the SL, but thought the seating set in there was not as cozy or welcoming.  IMHO the DL is much nicer.  

We really loved MA's DL.  We were also pleasantly surprised about the little sandwiches on embarkation day and the hot items at breakfast.  I have emailed Tao about whether the DL would be open for embarkation day and he looked up my picture and greeted me like a long lost friend the first evening.  He couldn't do enough for us and handled the B2B changeover so smoothly.  Eartha was also fabulous.  The DL was the highlight of our cruise.  

I too loved being back on Mariner.  The ship looks great after the refurbishment and it was nice to be on a ship that was smaller.  Lots of memories!!!  We missed CK but I liked what I ordered in the MDR and they did a nice job with Shelton's vegetable entree.  It was a little boring having mostly the same menu for the two legs of the cruise.  I was the only one to go to Coco Cay and I enjoyed my South Beach Beach Bed -- close to the bar and the bathrooms with lunch service.  They aren't offering South Beach Beach Beds or Bungalows and I think the beach may be closed due to construction of the over-water cabanas and a new restaurant.  I liked that the beach was quiet and away from the crowds.  The tram service was excellent.  

23 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

We really loved MA's DL.  We were also pleasantly surprised about the little sandwiches on embarkation day and the hot items at breakfast.  I have emailed Tao about whether the DL would be open for embarkation day and he looked up my picture and greeted me like a long lost friend the first evening.  He couldn't do enough for us and handled the B2B changeover so smoothly.  Eartha was also fabulous.  The DL was the highlight of our cruise.  

I too loved being back on Mariner.  The ship looks great after the refurbishment and it was nice to be on a ship that was smaller.  Lots of memories!!!  We missed CK but I liked what I ordered in the MDR and they did a nice job with Shelton's vegetable entree.  It was a little boring having mostly the same menu for the two legs of the cruise.  I was the only one to go to Coco Cay and I enjoyed my South Beach Beach Bed -- close to the bar and the bathrooms with lunch service.  They aren't offering South Beach Beach Beds or Bungalows and I think the beach may be closed due to construction of the over-water cabanas and a new restaurant.  I liked that the beach was quiet and away from the crowds.  The tram service was excellent.  

Yup, I am looking forward to being back on Mariner in January.  This last cruise we mixed it up on the dinners.  One night in Chops, (eh), one in Jamie's (my first time in that new specialty, loved it!), one in MDR/MTD...even more "eh", and last night just went to the WJ (which was very nice).  

Sister rented a Chill Island Cabana for Coco Cay as a birthday treat for me.  It was nice, though our server was pretty lame.  Really nice updated buffet at Chill Island from the old set up, was pleasantly surprised.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Yup, I am looking forward to being back on Mariner in January.  This last cruise we mixed it up on the dinners.  One night in Chops, (eh), one in Jamie's (my first time in that new specialty, loved it!), one in MDR/MTD...even more "eh", and last night just went to the WJ (which was very nice).  

Sister rented a Chill Island Cabana for Coco Cay as a birthday treat for me.  It was nice, though our server was pretty lame.  Really nice updated buffet at Chill Island from the old set up, was pleasantly surprised.  

We did MDR as Shelton and Jack who we cruise with have special requests that don't work with Specialty Restaurants.  The MDR for me wasn't too bad as they had good beef dishes and they did a great job with Shelton's vegetable platter.  It was quieter during the first cruse -- a 4 nighter rather than the 3 night, which had a loud family group near us.  The second leg of our B2B was also Memorial Day weekend.  

You should see some of the prices for Coco Cay cabanas going forward!!  I forgot it was your birthday -- Happy Belated Birthday!!!

10 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

We did MDR as Shelton and Jack who we cruise with have special requests that don't work with Specialty Restaurants.  The MDR for me wasn't too bad as they had good beef dishes and they did a great job with Shelton's vegetable platter.  It was quieter during the first cruse -- a 4 nighter rather than the 3 night, which had a loud family group near us.  The second leg of our B2B was also Memorial Day weekend.  

You should see some of the prices for Coco Cay cabanas going forward!!  I forgot it was your birthday -- Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Thanks Sherri! Yeah, not interested in the weekender cruise...much more relaxed indeed on the four night.  🙂 

Me, I would not have paid that price for a Chill Island Cabana...was nice...but not worth that amount, especially for the lame service we got from our cabana attendant.  It was my sister's surprise.  

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

A Classic dumb thread.  Wind everyone up.....

good lord.

jc

If I don't like something on TV...I change the channel...or turn it off.  The choice is yours to view...or not to view.  🤨

• Like 2

So more reports from Adventure on the other social media site:

They are swiping your card for every drink in the Diamond lounge. 

They are  limiting you to 3 drinks in the Diamond lounge. 

The 3 drinks in the diamond lounge does count towards your 3 drinks loaded to your card every day. 

So so you only get 3 drinks during happy hour on Adventure no matter where you get them. Just a matter of time before this goes fleet-wide I guess. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Sunset Glow said:

So more reports from Adventure on the other social media site:

They are swiping your card for every drink in the Diamond lounge. 

They are  limiting you to 3 drinks in the Diamond lounge. 

The 3 drinks in the diamond lounge does count towards your 3 drinks loaded to your card every day. 

So so you only get 3 drinks during happy hour on Adventure no matter where you get them. Just a matter of time before this goes fleet-wide I guess. 

No direct reports to CC yet, right?

We were on Adventure OTS last month,  2 cruises B2B, and there was no limit in the DL. We also were also able to use our 3 drinks nightly in any other venue during 430 to 8pm. Yes,  they did scan your card in DL.

3 minutes ago, Oxo said:

We were on Adventure OTS last month,  2 cruises B2B, and there was no limit in the DL. We also were also able to use our 3 drinks nightly in any other venue during 430 to 8pm. Yes,  they did scan your card in DL.

We were on in May and it was the same as you report but this 3 drink limit change apparently happened on June 1st. 

Once again RCI:  Really Consistently Inconsistent.  

Mostly what I see are concierges that like to do things differently than other ships. 

Example:  When Alan from the CL on Rhapsody transferred to the DL, the new CL concierge tried to make the CL into an SL...without any signage or notice.  He kicked out the D+ from the lounge...obviously that was met with howling resistance and was not attempted any longer.  

1 hour ago, The Sunset Glow said:

We were on in May and it was the same as you report but this 3 drink limit change apparently happened on June 1st. 

Sure would like to get a firm reading on this. Going on Symphony OTS in Nov so Will wait and see what happens then.

Cannot believe they would limit you to 3 drinks per evening. JMHO!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oxo said:

Sure would like to get a firm reading on this. Going on Symphony OTS in Nov so Will wait and see what happens then.

Cannot believe they would limit you to 3 drinks per evening. JMHO!

Yes, if this is true there will be an uproar by many, I think. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, srdancer said:

We will be diamond for first time on our Anthem cruise in Jan. I dont drink but had planned to stock up on cans of soda and bottled water in DL during happy hour.  Hope it doesn't change!!

You may find that they are being forced to open cans of soda.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Not that many alcoholics.... 🤔

I assume that you were joking, as who would pay whatever the daily charge is for the beverage package if they could only drink 3 drinks a day unless they were alcoholics? LOL Yes, I agree with you there are not that many alcoholics on any ship. However, to have more than 3 drinks in a 3 1/2 period  in the Dl or bar and the MDR/Specialty Restaurant is not excessive. JMHO!

• Like 3