3 Drinks only in Diamond Lounge

3 hours ago, The Sunset Glow said:

We were on in May and it was the same as you report but this 3 drink limit change apparently happened on June 1st. 

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

We were on Adventure OTS last month,  2 cruises B2B, and there was no limit in the DL. We also were also able to use our 3 drinks nightly in any other venue during 430 to 8pm. Yes,  they did scan your card in DL.

If you mean June 1 on the Adventure, I can't speak to that.  In terms of other ships, there was certainly no limit on the Anthem in June.

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

If you mean June 1 on the Adventure, I can't speak to that.  In terms of other ships, there was certainly no limit on the Anthem in June.

Yes, I’ve only heard reports of this happening on Adventure. Maybe a test run?

6 hours ago, The Sunset Glow said:

So so you only get 3 drinks during happy hour on Adventure no matter where you get them. Just a matter of time before this goes fleet-wide I guess. 

I can see this happening.  Reading several posts about shutting the coffee machine down earlier than usual does matter to me.

Not a Happy Camper on this at all.  We have spent a great deal of Money ONLY sailing with RCL. Now going on cruise # 46 Sept 01 on the Allure, and we are booked and paid for sailing Adventure for 13 days from Canada in October. If RCL wants to cut back like this, There will be no reason to ONLY sail with them any longer. There are so many other cruise lines out there that are building new ships with different itineraries that we have passed on just to stay loyal to RCL.  If  they want to cut back, then get RID of the loyalty program. It is not worth it anymore. The DL was always the crown jewel that set RCL apart from everyone else and made us sail ONLY with them.   Just to say goodbye to so many loyal cruisers that really enjoyed this perk of open bar in the DL makes no sense.

I remember many years ago that RCL was going to separate the Diamonds and the D+ /Pinnacles.  Hopefully this backfires and maybe a campaign needs to start with e-mails to corporate to show our dissatisfaction?

Am I the only one who sees this sort of thread, and just feels a massive sigh coming on.

We have been through this dozens if not 100s of times.  The program is changing is some horrible way.  And we are all doomed to find a new cruiseline to waste our vacation dollars on.   I have been on other cruise lines.  It would not be the end of the world.

I know MM and a few others get this, but the rest of you are being wound up by non-facts, and utter BS.  It may change someday, why don’t we wait for the change before butting our collective heads against the wall in dismay.  

We are not children.

Grow up.

jc

• Like 3

13 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Am I the only one who sees this sort of thread, and just feels a massive sigh coming on.

We have been through this dozens if not 100s of times.  The program is changing is some horrible way.  And we are all doomed to find a new cruiseline to waste our vacation dollars on.   I have been on other cruise lines.  It would not be the end of the world.

I know MM and a few others get this, but the rest of you are being wound up by non-facts, and utter BS.  It may change someday, why don’t we wait for the change before butting our collective heads against the wall in dismay.  

We are not children.

Grow up.

jc

Don't you know that the bigwigs in RCI corporate office read CC and set policy based on what they read here.

So if there is a lack of outrage to a perceived trial-run on one ship of a possible change to the DL HH drink policy, they might go ahead and implement this rumored policy fleet-wide, starting right away....and maybe change it to a 3 drink max per cabin.

Ha!

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Don't you know that the bigwigs in RCI corporate office read CC and set policy based on what they read here.

So if there is a lack of outrage to a perceived trial-run on one ship of a possible change to the DL HH drink policy, they might go ahead and implement this rumored policy fleet-wide, starting right away....and maybe change it to a 3 drink max per cabin.

Ha!

They actually do read CC.  I've had many Cruise Directors tell me they always read CC.

I believe a couple of years ago they tried to change delete/change the C&A balcony discount 6 months out.  CC anger got that squashed.

We'll see what happens, but if they try a 3 drinks per cabin there would be a riot.  I think you meant per person.  

Interesting topic. 3 drinks at the strength RCI used to supply in the DL were all we could tolerate in the time we’d usually spend in the lounge before dinner (7-8.30pm). However, as we don’t like to be restricted to enjoying alcohol just between this time just because it’s complimentary, we’ve always have a beverage package over our last few cruises with RCI and so rarely visit the lounges these days. 

We don’t consider the money we’ve spent with RCI over the years as an investment and something we expected to get back from them in complimentary beverages, we did it because we liked what RCI offered. But that has changed with what is offered by other lines. 

However, if, and I say “if” this is the way forward, by restricting the complimentary beverages to 3 during ‘cocktail hour’ it doesn’t surprise me because, just like people abused the beverage packages by sharing, so that all adults in a cabin now have to purchase it, RCI are aware that some just camp out in the lounge from opening to end consuming drinks without spending anything else during the rest of the evening. That’s a loss of revenue for them. 

1 hour ago, steveru621 said:

They actually do read CC.  I've had many Cruise Directors tell me they always read CC.

I believe a couple of years ago they tried to change delete/change the C&A balcony discount 6 months out.  CC anger got that squashed.

We'll see what happens, but if they try a 3 drinks per cabin there would be a riot.  I think you meant per person.  

Unfortunately I've had several tell me CC is small potatoes and FB is way more relevant to them. They thought CC was a joke.

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2019 at 5:55 PM, pscruzinboyz said:

Not a Happy Camper on this at all.  We have spent a great deal of Money ONLY sailing with RCL. Now going on cruise # 46 Sept 01 on the Allure, and we are booked and paid for sailing Adventure for 13 days from Canada in October. If RCL wants to cut back like this, There will be no reason to ONLY sail with them any longer. There are so many other cruise lines out there that are building new ships with different itineraries that we have passed on just to stay loyal to RCL.  If  they want to cut back, then get RID of the loyalty program. It is not worth it anymore. The DL was always the crown jewel that set RCL apart from everyone else and made us sail ONLY with them.   Just to say goodbye to so many loyal cruisers that really enjoyed this perk of open bar in the DL makes no sense.

I remember many years ago that RCL was going to separate the Diamonds and the D+ /Pinnacles.  Hopefully this backfires and maybe a campaign needs to start with e-mails to corporate to show our dissatisfaction?

Its kind of sad that you stayed loyal to a cruise line just for a few freebies. And to pass on others with better itineraries makes no sense. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

Its kind of sad that you stayed loyal to a cruise line just for a few freebies. And to pass on others with better itineraries makes no sense. 

Totally agree with you on this. Loyalty seems to be a one way street. Not only with Cruise Lines, but also Employment,  Airlines, etc. Something of the past. That is why we do many other cruise lines such as Princess, Celebrity, NCL, MSC, too. 

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Unfortunately I've had several tell me CC is small potatoes and FB is way more relevant to them. They thought CC was a joke.

That is completely obvious.  Only us old timers still do web pages.  Those whose opinions are still forming, rarely show up here.... that is why marketing people ignore us, because they know I want a flowrider, and know that I won’t accept anything else.  

jc

• Like 1