Azamara rebrands and Ventures Beyond the Sea

Riocca

This is Day 4 on the Oxford, Cotswolds and Bath 4 day tour available for £3921pp.

DAY 4

After breakfast, meet with your driver-guide and begin your journey to Bath, stopping in Bristol along the way to see some of the city’s main highlights including the HMS Brunel, its avant-garde street-art scene, and the Harbor. After lunch at a local restaurant proceed to Bath. Upon arrival, and embark on a sightseeing visit of this city that was once home to the author Jane Austen. Pay a visit to the Roman Baths, some of the best-preserved Roman ruins in the world, and take a sip of the healing waters. Dinner will be held at a local restaurant this evening.

HMS Brunel doesn’t exist it’s actually SS Great Britain the groundbreaking ship designed and built by Isambard Kingdom Brunel.

Can’t believe there could be so many errors in what is being offered as a top quality product. 

Being charitable for once I had wondered whether the Azamara "blurb" about this tour was a cut and paste from their supplier but put "HMS Brunel" into Google and the only tour coming up is Azamara's. 

But since when has "Best of British" been confined to a small portion of Southern England! 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, jo-b said:

Being charitable for once I had wondered whether the Azamara "blurb" about this tour was a cut and paste from their supplier but put "HMS Brunel" into Google and the only tour coming up is Azamara's. 

But since when has "Best of British" been confined to a small portion of Southern England! 😉

Hi Jo,

Of course it is 🤭

16 hours ago, Riocca said:

This is Day 4 on the Oxford, Cotswolds and Bath 4 day tour available for £3921pp.

DAY 4

After breakfast, meet with your driver-guide and begin your journey to Bath, stopping in Bristol along the way to see some of the city’s main highlights including the HMS Brunel, its avant-garde street-art scene, and the Harbor. After lunch at a local restaurant proceed to Bath. Upon arrival, and embark on a sightseeing visit of this city that was once home to the author Jane Austen. Pay a visit to the Roman Baths, some of the best-preserved Roman ruins in the world, and take a sip of the healing waters. Dinner will be held at a local restaurant this evening.

HMS Brunel doesn’t exist it’s actually SS Great Britain the groundbreaking ship designed and built by Isambard Kingdom Brunel.

Can’t believe there could be so many errors in what is being offered as a top quality product. 

Isn’t the timetable too full also?  Just getting into Bath can be a nightmare let alone everything else on the agenda.  No time for anything in my opinion.

50 minutes ago, jo-b said:

Yes. British also means Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and not just England.....and southern England at that. 

Now I'm retired from my proper job I really think I would like a new job writing tour descriptions for Azamara. I well remember the poor description of the Cassis tour we did a year ago...we got refunded for that one. Also the Jerusalem tour where the guide waved vaguely down a side road from the main road and said "we think John the Baptist's house was somewhere down there" and when we turned up at The Dead Sea Scrolls Museum she didn't have any tickets for us and they refused to let us in as the group tickets had to purchased prior to the visit. We also had a lunch at a Kibbutz that was like something from a Monty Python sketch ....actually we all just laughed but given the high cost of the excursion, we should have complained. 

Then there was the Jewish Sabbath dinner that was to cost £520 pp for a two and a half hour dinner at a local home on the Sabbath. I'm not Jewish.... but even I know that the Sabbath is not on a Tuesday, which was the daythe day the tour was offered! 

I'm sure there are some good Azamara shore excursions with a correct description....has anyone been on one? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lottie A said:

Then there was the Jewish Sabbath dinner that was to cost £520 pp for a two and a half hour dinner at a local home on the Sabbath. I'm not Jewish.... but even I know that the Sabbath is not on a Tuesday, which was the daythe day the tour was offered! 

I'm sure there are some good Azamara shore excursions with a correct description....has anyone been on one? 

That is unconscionable.  A Shabbat dinner on a Tuesday?  Shabbat in Jerusalem is special on a Friday as stores close down early and things close up for 24 hours.  This can't be replicated on a Tuesday.  That price is also insane.  Prices in Israel are similar to prices in medium sized cities in the US.  

If anyone is ever there on a Friday night, all of the decent hotels have outstanding Shabbat banquets and you get the full effect.

Edited by hubofhockey

I was raised in a Jewish home and no where I ever been cost over 500 pounds. I would think in states a good dinner would be around $150. Nothing like a fake example of a dinner on a Tuesday, yes, to everything closing down. I have a cousin who will not even drive it answer his phone.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Riocca said:

Don’t know if or how this could affect Azamara’s new venture but looks like bad news for their partners Cox & King’s.

https://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?c=setreg&region=2&m_id=s~n_rnnn&w_id=36419&news_id=2038244

I've been keeping an eye on this situation for some time now [and its got steadily worse during that period].  We are on the Quest 29 November Arabian Gulf Explorer followed by the Cox & King Golden Triangle tour so hoping that this can still go ahead.  We've been on the Golden Triangle tour before in conjunction with a Celebrity cruise and it was so good we booked again but on Azamara this time.

7 minutes ago, CA Oceanfront said:

One wonders how Miami missed this during their due diligence process before making such a significant commitment to them and Azamara passengers. 

The Azamara cruise and the Golden Triangle tour [together with flights, hotels and transfers in Dubai etc.] are part of a package put together by our TA so no blame attaches to Azamara in this instance.

4 hours ago, Riocca said:

Don’t know if or how this could affect Azamara’s new venture but looks like bad news for their partners Cox & King’s.

https://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?c=setreg&region=2&m_id=s~n_rnnn&w_id=36419&news_id=2038244

It is not appropriate for us to comment on another business, other than to say we are pleased with our partnership with Cox & Kings in the US for our global land offerings. And we are satisfied that they have adequate financial measures and protections in place.