Just 2 specialty restaurants on Insignia?

nancyshaw

Since the beginning of time R class ships except for Sirena have only  Polo and Toscana and larger O Class ships also have Jacques and Red Ginger. Sirena's two specialty restaurants are Red Ginger and Tuscan Steak. Tuscan Steak purports  to be sort of a combination of Polo and Toscana.

Edited by edgee

I for one like the original two on the small ships..If I am on Regatta for two weeks (which I will be soon) I cant imagine eating at Red Ginger four or five times..

I love Asian but not that often..

Jancruz1

• Like 2

As people who don't care for Red Ginger -- yes, we love Chinese (Szechuan) food but NOT Asian Fusion -- I was unhappy when they combined Toscana/Polo and gave the other space to Red Ginger on Sirena.  It doesn't help that we disliked the Tuscan Steak menu since they eliminated many of our favorite items ... From what we heard from others (not directly from staff), the change was not popular with many passengers.

However, there is no pleasing everybody ... is there?

Mura

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edgee said:

Since the beginning of time R class ships except for Sirena have only  Polo and Toscana and larger O Class ships also have Jacques and Red Ginger. Sirena's two specialty restaurants are Red Ginger and Tuscan Steak. Tuscan Steak purports  to be sort of a combination of Polo and Toscana.

As far as we are concerned Tuscan Steak  is a zero.   Not here nor there.  They should have Sirena alone to be as the other R ships.  Would have been much better 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nancyshaw said:

yes, I am just learning all this....

the last time we did O was on the Marina....

This is not a shot at you, Nancy, but I am continually astounded that AYONE could book a cruise without looking at the Deck plans of the ship.

IMHO, the deck plans are of least importance...

Os reputation precedes it....so there is no Red Ginger but if the food is as good as many seem to say, it will be fine, we will enjoy without Red Ginger....

the cruise we have chosen is over new years and that in itself is a bonus....a great way to bring in the new year....

Right.  Just because the restaurants aren't there on the "R" ships doesn't mean you won't have an opportunity to try some of their selections.  If memory serves (and it may not) the original plan was to have Tuscan Steak on all the "R" ships, starting with Sirena.  But it wasn't popular with many -- passengers as well as staff -- so those plans were abandoned.

I think ...

oh of course deck plans show that...

but you need to know what you are looking for...

if I had an inkling that the R ships have a diff set up for specialty rest. I may have checked to see if Red Ginger was there...but would have booked anyway, regardless...

so not a big deal.....

are there those who would not book a cruise on a ship that has NO Red Ginger ?  yes I am sure there are a few, but probably an insignificant amount...

Edited by nancyshaw

10 minutes ago, Jay23 said:

I think the point being made is that the Deck Plans show, among other things, what and where the restaurants are.  Am I right? J

They do, but...

Speaking for myself, I choose the cruise based first on itinerary and then the cruise line of my choice offering that itinerary. What restaurants are on that particular ship is a bit further down on my list.

As always, YMMV 😊

• Like 1