Symphony, Jr Suite, dining in Coastal Kitchen

15 hours ago, island lady said:

Totally agree.  I never did understand why RCI included the JS cabins for CK dinner in the first place. There are so many dining venues all over the ship...why insist on CK?  Dining packages are available also.  

Many surprised they have to knock on the door to enter for dinner (key does not work). I once made the mistake of being seated near the door...never again.  One large family without key access kept going in and out..in and out...knocking loudly on the door to be let back in each time.  Disturbing dinner for sure.  

Some JS pax, once in, are confused as to if they can utilize the SL...drinks?  There is never a guarantee that you will get into CK if you are booked in a JS, and can't book in advance.  With CK already too crowded, and the small kitchen already not being able to get food out fast enough with too many tables...makes sense to limit to full suite and Pinnies.  

OK...flame suit on!  

Like I said earlier, the concept was designed in conjunction with Dynamic Dining for Quantum. With only two menus, people would not eat every meal there. SEA class probably would have worked

On 6/22/2019 at 9:00 PM, klfrodo said:

CK is not a guaranteed unlimited benefit for JS. JS can eat dinner in CK but only if space is available by reservation once on the ship.

I also have a js on a symphony cruise— they said dinner only and on an availability basic once boarded

14 hours ago, roadburner said:

Please, John, where is CK on Symphony?  I can’t find it on the deck plan and it doesn’t show up in my cruise planner.

Deck 17, aft elevators.

On 6/30/2019 at 9:23 AM, reallyitsmema said:

Anthem has had the ability to book Coastal Kitchen through the cruise planner on some sailings too.

On 6/30/2019 at 1:34 PM, mk-ultra said:

This is the first time I've ever seen CK in the cruise planner for reservations.  I'm in an L2 for the 9/29 sailing (91 days out).  I thought, YAY... no need to make a bee-line to CK any longer to reserve the days I want to eat there.  Clicking through the usual "Add to Cart", selecting guests (me), and then clicking next to select date and time just pops up a "Selection Not Available" error message.

I'll give it a shot again closer in to my sail date.

Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 10.33.00 AM.png

We are in a JS in April on Anthem.  Coastal Kitchen has been in our planner for quite a while, but I also get the "selection not available" message when I try to book it.

17 minutes ago, KelJ said:

We are in a JS in April on Anthem.  Coastal Kitchen has been in our planner for quite a while, but I also get the "selection not available" message when I try to book it.

That has been our experience too but many very frequent Anthem cruisers said they have always been able to book Coastal Kitchen through the cruise planner.  We will try again next time we sail Anthem.

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That has been our experience too but many very frequent Anthem cruisers said they have always been able to book Coastal Kitchen through the cruise planner.  We will try again next time we sail Anthem.

Yes, I've read that as well.  I'll keep trying, as I still have lots of time.  This is a TA, so I anticipate lots of pinnacles, so I may not make it in.  

Edited by KelJ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KelJ said:

Yes, I've read that as well.  I'll keep trying, as I still have lots of time.  This is a TA, so I anticipate lots of pinnacles, so I may not make it in.  

If you can't do them in advance, Coastal Kitchen on Anthem is up by the WJ, left entrance.  There is a podium in the corridor that is always staffed when it is open.  Check out the opening time for lunch on day 1 and go make your reservations as soon as it opens.  That is what we did and got every night booked.  The TA will have much more demand I am sure, but doesn't hurt to be first in line and get what you want. 🙂 

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Like I said earlier, the concept was designed in conjunction with Dynamic Dining for Quantum. With only two menus, people would not eat every meal there. SEA class probably would have worked

Good point.  I could also may be one of the reasons they started with the specialty restaurant dining package? Have noticed many posting that they are doing that now.  Kind of a nice thing to do...change of scenery and change of food venues.  

Edited by island lady

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

If you can't do them in advance, Coastal Kitchen on Anthem is up by the WJ, left entrance.  There is a podium in the corridor that is always staffed when it is open.  Check out the opening time for lunch on day 1 and go make your reservations as soon as it opens.  That is what we did and got every night booked.  The TA will have much more demand I am sure, but doesn't hurt to be first in line and get what you want. 🙂 

Thank you!  I'll certainly try that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You would rather use the forward elevators?

LOL...I was just thinking about the CL cabins over the sports court on the aft of deck 17.   Formal dining at it's best over the basketball court...and just teasing you a bit.  😉 Sorry..Island Lady hanging her head in shame now... and will go back to my corner.   🥺 

Edited by island lady

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...I was just thinking about the CL cabins over the sports court on the aft of deck 17.   Formal dining at it's best over the basketball court...and just teasing you a bit.  😉 Sorry..Island Lady hanging her head in shame now... and will go back to my corner.   🥺 

There have been discussions here about whether to call those elevators aft or midship.  Midship makes sense as far as where they are located, but some get confused and think that implies there is another set of elevators aft. 

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

There have been discussions here about whether to call those elevators aft or midship.  Midship makes sense as far as where they are located, but some get confused and think that implies there is another set of elevators aft. 

No...that was me.  I totally misunderstood your comment.  I was thinking you meant to go up to 17 and head aft, and as I have not been on Symphony...was not sure of the lay out.  Dumb Island Lady.  I am still brooding in my corner.  😉 

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

No...that was me.  I totally misunderstood your comment.  I was thinking you meant to go up to 17 and head aft, and as I have not been on Symphony...was not sure of the lay out.  Dumb Island Lady.  I am still brooding in my corner.  😉 

I fixed my post so it's less ambiguous.

52 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

They may limit the amount of reservations due to high demand.  Not your typical milk run

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 9:43 PM, STANMELB said:

Sailing on the Allure this week. 12 Pinnacles on board, same as last week. Concierges informed us that 96 Pinnacles are booked on the Allure sailing September 8, 2019.

96 Pineapples?  Good lord!  I'm on that sailing.  Will have to wear my sunglasses indoors to deal with all the reflections from the nametags!  <yikes>.  😜

Any confirmation on why so many will be on that particular sailing?  Might be the first top tier event I go to just to watch them duke it out for who has the most points!  😂

Lowly Diamond here, and my first Oasis class sailing, and we are in a JS.  Was hoping to hit CK at least one night, but now see that may not happen.

Dan.