Deluxe Beverage Package question (new to RCCL)

You all talk about buying the BP and then cancelling and rebuying it when the price goes down. Quick question:  Can you do this yourself or do you need to have your TA  cancel/repurchase BP for you?

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, NancyL2 said:

You all talk about buying the BP and then cancelling and rebuying it when the price goes down. Quick question:  Can you do this yourself or do you need to have your TA  cancel/repurchase BP for you?

Thanks.

This is all done through your on line Cruise Planner.  Same Planner that you use for making reservations for shows and activities.

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NancyL2 said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds easy to do it myself.  And this is a great info thread.

Very easy to do... just a few clicks.  

If you go into "order history" on the upper right corner of the cruise planner, you'll see what you've purchased, and you can cancel whichever item you want.  Then just buy it again at the lower price -- easy peasy!

• Like 2

Can someone tell me how you get your waters in your package?  Do you have to go to a bar and ask for it and then tip?  How about the sodas?  (I can't have alcohol and trying to figure out if buying a package for just waters and juices are worth the $26 per day.) 

5 minutes ago, ChristinaB615 said:

Can someone tell me how you get your waters in your package?  Do you have to go to a bar and ask for it and then tip?  How about the sodas?  (I can't have alcohol and trying to figure out if buying a package for just waters and juices are worth the $26 per day.) 

You can get bottled water at any bar.   You already paid the tio, but you can tip more if you like. Soda can come from a bar or a Freestyle machine if your ship has those machines.  In order to use the Freestyle machine, you must use the special cup that will receive onboard.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChristinaB615 said:

Keep an eye on sales, too -- usually the Refreshment package will go down to $20/day.  

You can also get unbottled water for free at any bar or restaurant.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChristinaB615 said:

You also get fresh squeezed orange juice, specialty coffees and any virgin drinks. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChristinaB615 said:

Thank you for your prompt reply! Do you know if there is a limit to your bottled water?  

No limit, though they may limit how many they will give at one time.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ChristinaB615 said:

This was great info to my question about the refreshment package, and I bet they may have a sale on July 4, even though I leave in only a few days! 

Definitely check every day for price!

Came by to add, in my experience Royal bartenders are very generous with their pours, and are using premium alcohol.  I would drink piña coladas with amaretto instead of rum, and ask for a double shot of the DiSoronno.  Never a hesitation.  

• Like 1

Thanks for all the good info on this topic.  I looked at our Liberty 10/13 cruise and the deluxe bev package is at 30% off, $44 per day!  With gratuity that’s just under $52 per day.  A mimosa or Bloody Mary in the morning, glass of wine at lunch, a few cocktails or wine before/after dinner, 2 or 3 bottles of water, I think I’m golden 😁.  And the convenience of the whole thing is worth something also.  

On 6/29/2019 at 10:38 PM, ChristinaB615 said:

This was great info to my question about the refreshment package, and I bet they may have a sale on July 4, even though I leave in only a few days! 

How few?  The ability to purchase in your Cruise Planner ends 72 hours (3 days) before  your cruise.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

How few?  The ability to purchase in your Cruise Planner ends 72 hours (3 days) before  your cruise.

Oh really? Oh no! It sails on the 7th.  Darn, I may not be able to wait until the 4th! 

28 minutes ago, ChristinaB615 said:

Oh really? Oh no! It sails on the 7th.  Darn, I may not be able to wait until the 4th! 

Look now.  See if you like the price.  You never know when they load this stuff in.

Just checked and no such luck! I wonder if they will nix any plans for a sale after the little mix up with pricing on the beverage packages for 2020 sailings the other day.  I haven't heard an update on if they cancelled all of them or not.  

34 minutes ago, ChristinaB615 said:

Just checked and no such luck! I wonder if they will nix any plans for a sale after the little mix up with pricing on the beverage packages for 2020 sailings the other day.  I haven't heard an update on if they cancelled all of them or not.  

What price are you seeing now?  (and which ship)

10 hours ago, ChristinaB615 said:

I was wondering the same thing, since they apparently gave away a lot of packages for a ridiculous price.  We had 30% off on our October cruise, so I took it before they decided to eliminate the sale.  

59 minutes ago, Maui Girl said:

I was wondering the same thing, since they apparently gave away a lot of packages for a ridiculous price.  We had 30% off on our October cruise, so I took it before they decided to eliminate the sale.  

Since we are Diamond, we don't buy a drink package and in two cruises have only purchased one glass of wine, each.  That was because we just missed ordering the wine before the Diamond Happy Hour expired.

I want to order one DELUXE BEVERAGE PACKAGE for 49 dollars each day but this online won't let us to book one deluxe beverage package as we don't want two.  I like champagne and don't think I use it lot ..

How can I book just for one not two?