Beverage-Gate Success Poll

Success rate for Beverage-Gate  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Did you purchase package?

• On phone
    • Unable to purchase online
    • Unable to purchase via phone rep
  2. 2. Did you receive follow up email of honoring price?

• Yes - Booked direct
    • No - Booked direct
    • Yes - Booked through travel agent
    • No - Booked through travel agent

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/2019 at 04:47 PM

I bought this for a November 2020 cruise. We have never bought the deluxe beverage package because we don’t drink that much. Normally we may spend between $50-$80 on alcohol between my husband and myself But at this price I couldn’t pass it up especially considering everything that’s included like the Juice and bottled water

• Like 1

I booked and paid for 5 cabins on our cruise (with the help of my TA)because I couldn’t get a hold of my friends and I wanted them to receive the fantastic deal. Two other cabins booked on their own and two cabins we didn’t get in soon enough so they will be paying a higher price. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

New cruiser with 3 cruises under my belt, purchased DX package with all three, two pre-cruise and one on the ship.  Not a heavy drinker so I need to have the price low enough to cover 3-4 mixed drinks per day to make it worthwhile for me. 

Managed to get the fantastic deal on my HOS Feb 2020 and GOS Sep 2020 sailings, The HOS sailing was going for $57 per day, wasn't going to purchase it at that price.  The GOS sailing is a 9 day and I got drink fatigue on my last 9 day, so that one was going to be a hard sell too.   But when I saw the unbelievable price of $18, I jumped on it knowing that it was to good to be true.  Was really glad RCI honored their mistake; If they hadn't it would have been "Oh Well. win some lose some"; but by them owning up to their mistake along with what I consider more than fair compensation on several less than perfect cruises, It will be difficult for me to look elsewhere for a cruise.  So I think it will be a win/win for RCI.  Now to find a 2021 cruise to book while on HOS.

• Like 1

Why does it matter if you got the letter?  I purchased it, received a confirmation, and it's on my cruise planner.  I receive emails daily from RCCL, and this letter was posted a thousand times on facebook, twitter, Instagram and cruise critic.  I think it's a done deal.

Was at work when the sale started and by the time I saw it, the transaction would not go through. The second question of the poll doesn't cover this situation so I couldn't participate.

Edited by goldfish65

I hit it a few hours into the price snafu and the price showed $18 still but then went to full price at checkout..so never could get it to work for my one 2020 sailing.  This was far before the 1:30am EST end time that the email references for the glitch. 

Of course this is the sailing that I'm double booked on in two different rooms..and the person responsible for the other booking was able to get the package..but I'm going to end up dropping off that reservation so I miss out.

Just missed it.  I was last in checking CC that night. By the time I got online, he $18 price was still showing.  But when I added it to my cart, the charge was $50 + grats ($1770 total for our 15 night 2020 TA).  I would have purchased at the $18 rate, but no way worth it to us at the $50 rate.  Happy for those who managed to snag it.

• Like 2

@Host Clarea  Bob, I think you were who asked to let you know about any reply to the thank you emails sent to RCL regarding the conclusion of beveragegate? I had emailed Michael Blayley originally and then sent a thank you to him and to Royal Guest Relations and today received a very nice and personal reply from Jessica Ferndandez. The email, other than the small personal notation, said:

Thank you for contacting the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean International. On behalf of Mr. Bayley, President & CEO, I am pleased to respond to your email.

We appreciate your loyalty and are thrilled with your response. We look forward to welcoming you back onboard very soon.

Best Regards,

Jessica Ferndandez

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

@Host Clarea  Bob, I think you were who asked to let you know about any reply to the thank you emails sent to RCL regarding the conclusion of beveragegate? I had emailed Michael Blayley originally and then sent a thank you to him and to Royal Guest Relations and today received a very nice and personal reply from Jessica Ferndandez. The email, other than the small personal notation, said:

Thank you for contacting the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean International. On behalf of Mr. Bayley, President & CEO, I am pleased to respond to your email.

We appreciate your loyalty and are thrilled with your response. We look forward to welcoming you back onboard very soon.

Best Regards,

Jessica Ferndandez

Thanks, nice reponse, though it seems sort of a form letter.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

I'm sure it was. They did try to add a personal note, but no doubt it was written for everyone (I would definitely do that, or at least compose a few, if I had to send out that many). On the positive side, there were enough thank you emails to require a form :-)

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

24 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

I'm sure it was. They did try to add a personal note, but no doubt it was written for everyone (I would definitely do that, or at least compose a few, if I had to send out that many). On the positive side, there were enough thank you emails to require a form 🙂

This was the email that I received from Royal....

51413897-5931-443B-9312-24A8CF6C9444.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuiteLady said:

This was the email that I received from Royal....

51413897-5931-443B-9312-24A8CF6C9444.jpeg

Thanks for sharing yours as well! I am glad that it seems many wrote letters of appreciation and that they responded. Clearly they could not begin to truly customized responses, but the responses receive were kind and written in a way that appear to be genuinely appreciative! 🙂 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

I'm sure it was. They did try to add a personal note, but no doubt it was written for everyone (I would definitely do that, or at least compose a few, if I had to send out that many). On the positive side, there were enough thank you emails to require a form :-)

We emailed a thank you for allowing the purchase and received this reply from Royal guest services.  I had  to chuckle at the part I highlighted.

Dear Linda & Lowell:

Thank you for your email. It is my pleasure to be responding to your correspondence today.

Thank you very much for the kind words. We look forward to raising a glass with you onboard. Cheers!

Linda & Lowell, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the future.

Sincerely,

Lisa Fieber
Royal Caribbean Customer Support

39 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

Thank you very much for the kind words. We look forward to raising a glass with you onboard. Cheers!

🤣😂🤣 just had to get that in, didn’t she?!

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1