Transfer Venice Airport to port

Liv

Hi! I have booked flights and transfer from Venice Airport to the ship (Infinity) through Celebrity. Our flight arrives early (08.40AM). Does the transfer/shuttle service start that early, or can I expect to be stuck at the airport for some time?

If I was arriving early I would be tempted to take the bus and people mover but my flight doesn’t arrive until 11.30 and whilst there’s wiggle room there, if it’s delayed I feel happier knowing that Celebrity are expecting me and will hopefully wait and whisk me to the ship. 

2 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

You could save a lot of money taking the bus into where you catch the People Mover.

Is the process of picking up luggage, catching bus, transferring to people mover, arriving at port,... simple?

52 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

Is the process of picking up luggage, catching bus, transferring to people mover, arriving at port,... simple?

Totally agree. AVTO bus is 8 euro. 1 euro for People mover. Sure Celebrity is in the 30 dollar + range.

• Thanks 1

Depends on how much luggage you have.  If I had even one large checked bag, I would stick with the transfer.  We arrived in Venice several days early and took the bus to Piazzale Roma, dragged our suitcases acrodd the Piazza and one bridge to our hotel.  Had a backpack, carryon, and 26" case.  that trip convinced us that we would henceforth travel carryon only (plus backpack).  WE had planned to go back across the Piazza to the People Mover, but instead splurged for a water taxi.  (We were 69 & 70 at the time).

• Thanks 1

You will be met by celebrity when you get through customs/immigration which are very quick in Venice.  You will probably wait for a bus load of people from various flights and they will drive you to the terminal which is a/c.  You’ll che ck in and they probably will start to actually board around 10:30.  Painless.

i think a taxi may be almost the same price for 2 as paying celebrity for transfers...and you won’t have to hang around the airport waiting for a bus full of people.  The taxis are fixed fare...check online to see the current price.  Tipping really is not necessary in Italy. Taxi stand is very close to where you exit immigration and well marked.  My guess is they take credit cards...but check that out...otherwise, you will need euros.

We did the bus and people mover when I was 63 and it was a breeze.  We each had a checked bag and carryon.  Burned a few calories in the process.  I understand why some would do the transfer, especially if with a lot of luggage.

The best option, even with luggage, is the Alilaguna Blu line, straight from the airport to the pier (and vice versa).

They have people helping you with the luggage, which is stored in a separate section, and u find yourself right on the pier -- no people mover, no bridges and no stairs.

https://www.alilaguna.it/en/lines/linea-blu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The best option, even with luggage, is the Alilaguna Blu line, straight from the airport to the pier (and vice versa).

They have people helping you with the luggage, which is stored in a separate section, and u find yourself right on the pier -- no people mover, no bridges and no stairs.

https://www.alilaguna.it/en/lines/linea-blu

That would be my choice.  Have done it several times and is almost seamless.  Fare is 15 Euros, 14 if you prepurchase online.  And you get a nice sightseeing "tour" on the water on your way.

• Like 1