Best thing about Becoming Platinum

tony_g51181

8 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Saving the time and money that I spend stalking and purchasing FTTF.

This is going to be my favorite perk as well. Since we purchase FTTF every cruise it'll be nice to save that extra money. 

• Like 1

De-embarkation is right up there for me. On Texas cruises, we drive. So we don’t check luggage on the last night and are off the boat and heading home probably before some passengers are awake. Half way to Dallas before the last passengers are off.

• Thanks 1

My advice would be to enjoy the perks while they last. I keep hearing from pretty reliable sources, including what I heard on my last cruise that ended this morning, that upcoming changes to the VIFP program will likely include cutbacks to Platinums perks with no grandfathering for current Platinums. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sparky2 said:

Priority boarding, cabin being ready, early luggage delivery, free laundry, free Platinum/Diamond party, priority tender boarding.

So, everything. We all know the iffy strawberry delivery doesn't count 😉

Edited by sanmarcosman

3 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

So, everything. We all know the iffy strawberry delivery doesn't count 😉

Oops!  Since it's not really that great, I guess I forgot about it.  Actually last Feb. we did a B2B (7 day + 12 day Journey) and received the choc. covered strawberries the first week and received 6 little fancy cake like things (like petit fours.

• Like 1

Priority check in and boarding, cabin ready upon boarding, and the priority guest services line is nice. We especially like the laundry because we do 10 to 14 day cruises. Don’t have to pack as much.

1 minute ago, skrufy said:

Priority check in and boarding, cabin ready upon boarding, and the priority guest services line is nice. We especially like the laundry because we do 10 to 14 day cruises. Don’t have to pack as much.

Same here on all accounts. 

5 hours ago, tony_g51181 said:

I currently have 66 VIFP days and plan to take a 3 day cruise in Sept and a 7 day in October so I hope to hit platinum at the start of my october cruise! I just wanted some insight from everyone!!

We both enjoy the Platinum party with free drinks and the laundry service. The early boarding is also Very convenient

For me it's the laundry. It's so nice to be able to come home with clean clothes, and to not have to pack as much. We also tend towards the Journey cruises so we would normally have to do laundry (we did a 13 night, a couple of 14 nights and a 21 night). It was great to just send out our laundry instead of spending time in the laundry room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCLcruiser91 said:

PhillyFan33579 - Any details on what the changes to VIFP will be and when they will happen?

I have heard several times they plan to announce changes sometime this year, possibly in conjunction with the launch of Panorama. However, and I should have stated this in my prior post, I take everything I hear concerning the VIFP program with a grain of salt.

There is no doubt in my mind Carnival wants to make significant changes to their VIFP program. The challenge is how does Carnival implement it without upsetting too many people. Personally I think they want to eliminate as many Platinum perks as possible so they can sell more FTTF per cruise. As a stockholder, it is a great program that creates significant income with minimal cost. As a Platinum or Diamond, it directly negatively impacts perks associated with these levels. It will be interesting to see what Carnival eventually decides to do.