Live from Summit

Water709

23 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Pete -- about where on the shore are you taking the closeups of the ship?  Just wondering when to be over on the starboard side.  😄

Turtles you're on the 8/25 sailing right?  

My location will be facing the starboard side of the ship.  Look for the fort at the base of the Verrazzano Bridge just before you go under it.  I'll be right above that fort.

PistolPete-location.jpg

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

My location will be facing the starboard side of the ship.  Look for the fort at the base of the Verrazzano Bridge and I'm right above it.

PistolPete-location.jpg

Thanks! Sept 8

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 10:42 AM, PistolPete13 said:

My location will be facing the starboard side of the ship.  Look for the fort at the base of the Verrazzano Bridge just before you go under it.  I'll be right above that fort.

PistolPete-location.jpg

Hi Pete,

My DW and I are on the 8/25. Just sending you a reminder. 

BTW , is that  Ft. Wadsworth ? We will be looking your way (I'm wearing a bright pink tropical themed shirt 🙂 ) !

Thanks again

8 minutes ago, HeavyMetalDeacon said:

Hi Pete,

My DW and I are on the 8/25. Just sending you a reminder. 

BTW , is that  Ft. Wadsworth ? We will be looking your way (I'm wearing a bright pink tropical themed shirt 🙂 ) !

Thanks again

Yup, Fort Wadsworth.  A great view of the skyline that not many people (even locals) know about.

Will you be on the top deck or in a cabin with a balcony facing my way?

-Pete

On 7/11/2019 at 6:00 PM, Iamcruzin said:

From your pictures it looks like Ikea got the contract for the furniture.  If that's how they furnish a suite I would hate to see what my basic accommodations in a balcony would be like.

IKEA furniture looks better than those wooden chairs.  It looks like they got a good deal on chairs from old school cafeteria. Just showed the photos to my spouse. We will not be on that ship!

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 11:25 AM, HeavyMetalDeacon said:

Will be either on the top deck or the helipad !

You're in luck today.

I don't have to work and the weather is perfect.  Time to mow the lawn and they head out and get photos of you on the Summit!

On 7/15/2019 at 12:51 PM, Ginnyfyr said:

We were on the same sailing and I noticed those little stool chairs in some of the public ladies washrooms lol. 

We booked this cruise rather last minute and were put in a guarantee cabin - #9027 fwd, great location close to the stairs and very convenient to pop up to the buffet or our choice of a few bars to grab a drink. Balcony furniture consisted of a small round table and two reclining lounge chairs - much more comfortable than what yours looked like! Makes me a little wary of what the furniture will be like when we cruise again in September on the 'revolutionized' Equinox, though we will be in a Celebrity Suite and from what I've read they didn't do anything to the suites during the refit. I hope you had a good cruise! We enjoyed ourselves...though I am not enjoying trying to unpack and manage all this laundry now that we're home!

Well be on the Equinox on sept 13 in AQ. Can’t wait to see what the room looks like.

I've just come across this thread. After 10 pages, am I the only one that thinks that the wooden chairs on the balcony are interior desk chairs (which you should only have one) and the chair at the desk is an extra chair or perhaps an exterior chair for the balcony (that you should have 2 of)? Both are clearly mis-placed.

Edited by RichYak

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

I've just come across this thread. After 10 pages, am I the only one that thinks that the wooden chairs on the balcony are interior desk chairs (which you should only have one) and the chair at the desk is an extra chair or perhaps an exterior chair for the balcony (that you should have 2 of)? Both are clearly mis-placed.

I'm correcting my own comment. See the screen capture from Celebrity's own Revolution video below. Shows how much I know about decor.

celebrity-suite-furniture.JPG

13 hours ago, calicakes said:

Are you going to the ABC’s

No, we're doing a 6 day Western Caribbean. Love the ABCs though! If you haven't been to Bonaire, highly recommend renting a golf cart from Bonaire Cruisers so you can tour the island on your own! (you can find them on Facebook or just Google them to contact them ahead of time - you pay when you get there) 

I was in the Penthouse a week ago.  It is still a work in progress; some of the door hardware was changed while I was on board. I have been lucky to have been in this suite before, and we loved the renovations.  Some issues likely will never get fixed (I shocked myself three times plugging in my blower, including once with the electrician standing there assuring me it would not happen again).  The outside furniture was comfortable and a big improvement, but the cushions were badly stained and torn, even though I was told the white ones were only two weeks old. I did ask that they replace the milk crates with real chairs and add a couple of real lounge chairs; we had plenty of comfortable seating for four. The suite experience was largely inconsistent, but it was a great week. The robes that we got to take home were lovely, but the monogram machine was reportedly broken for months (no big deal).  Captain Matt’s maiden voyage as a Captain, and I met him as he was shaking hands at departure. The sky suite next door did not have the wooden school chairs on the balcony, and we had some balcony rooms, and they had the old chairs that reclined. 

27 minutes ago, hcat said:

What caused the elec shock with the blow dryer?  

Sounds like if it was something faulty with  the ship  outlet &  not your blower, it really should  have been addressed!

What I was told about the blower was that it was a slightly different voltage (120?) than the normal US voltage. I have no idea if this is true or not, but my sister’s good blower worked at the desk in the living room, and mine sparked. I also tried an outlet by the desk in the bedroom (a converter was apparently left by the previous occupant, unbeknownst to me) and that sparked too.  I’ve traveled with this blower for years including a dozen cruises, and never had a problem.  I was annoyed to be shocked with the electrician standing there encouraging me (how many electric shocks can the heart stand?).  The suite manager explained the lack of US outlets because the suite was designed by someone from Britain.  Huh?  Edited to add that the blower did work at an outlet by the bed, and there was a mirror there. 

Edited by JFontaine

5 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Do you recall what it had, so I know what to ask the butler for if the school desk chairs make a return appearance? Ideally, I'd like a couple loungers.

The new loveseat size couch that you see in the photos, one mesh lounge chair, a regular chair and a small table. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...