Live from Summit

Water709

4 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Can you order water thru Celebrity and have it delivered to your room (same as you would wine or alcohol)?

I always used to order a case of water to be delivered to our cabin, and four years ago celebrity stopped doing that. I got by with getting a water bottle often with my drink package, but when you need to drink it all night and early morning it’s inconvenient. That’s why I was happy a couple years ago when they started letting you bring a case etc.  I doubt you would be allowed to carry on an entire case; the stevedore told me 12 bottles max to carry on.  Where is this rule written? No idea. 

We sailed on the Summit on June 5 - inside cabin.  We were very happy with the newly refurbished cabin.  Plenty of storage and drawers.  The chair fit under the desk/makeup table.  The bed was very comfortable and the shower was strong.  I carried on a 6 pack of diet ginger ale plastic bottles, since Celebrity doesn’t carry diet ginger ale.  The ship had plastic bottles of water at any of the bars.  If you have a suite, I would imagine that you could get free water bottles from any bar, of your butler could get water for you. The filtered water at the buffet is also good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Thank you hcat.  I live about 1 mile from this vantage point on Staten Island but never paid attention to the ship schedule until I came back from my first Bermuda cruise this past Memorial Day week.  Now I'm a bit addicted every Sunday afternoon!  Here is a link to my full album of ships I've seen in the NYC area and photos of my Bermuda cruise (where I saw the Summit for the first time).

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmE9GLGM

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmDYU3rQ

Fantastic pics!  It appears you did not go hungry.... 🤣

Makes me even more excited about my Eclipse sailing in a few weeks!

7 minutes ago, Librarymomb said:

I'm a bit confused about all this talk about bringing water onboard.  Is the water from the sink undrinkable?

Water from the tap is fine.  Just about as pure as you can get anywhere.

But, the Water people need bottled water.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Librarymomb said:

I'm a bit confused about all this talk about bringing water onboard.  Is the water from the sink undrinkable?

Nope.  It's fine.  Bring your own refillable bottle.  Keep it in your mini-fridge. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Water709 said:

There used to be some shelves in the bathroom, but now just a big empty cavern, not as useful as shelves:

19376A0D-DBBD-4E75-923D-96989761666A.jpeg

I appreciate your taking the time from your trip to do this live review, thank you!

Your photo here I think epitomizes the form over function flaw of the "revolution."  The designers seemed not to understand that, in a cruise ship stateroom, space is at a premium and needs to be functional.  And I refuse to believe that good designers could not have created a more functionally beautiful "revolution."

Enjoy your trip! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Thank you hcat.  I live about 1 mile from this vantage point on Staten Island but never paid attention to the ship schedule until I came back from my first Bermuda cruise this past Memorial Day week.  Now I'm a bit addicted every Sunday afternoon!  Here is a link to my full album of ships I've seen in the NYC area and photos of my Bermuda cruise (where I saw the Summit for the first time).

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmE9GLGM

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmDYU3rQ

Beautiful photos! Thanks PistolPete!   If I lived there, I'd be out looking at and photographing the ships as well.  🙂

One of my relatives lives on the Brooklyn side of the Verrazzano; we've had fun waving to her on sailaways from NY.   (Mark your calendar for September 8 -- we'll be departing on the Summit then.  Hope you get a good photo!  😃)

Edited by Turtles06
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

(Mark your calendar for September 8 -- we'll be departing on the Summit then.  Hope you get a good photo!  😃)

Calendar marked.  And I do have a large lens for airshows that will zoom in close enough to make out each balcony from that vantage point.  If you hold up a big florescent colored sign for example, I will find you!  Haha.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Water709 said:

If we ever sail on Celebrity again we will NOT preorder anything.  We have had to

keep pulling teeth to get what we preordered and paid for.  This did not happen on past cruises.  😞

Isn't your butler or suite manager supposed to help sort things out.?

What does Guest Rel say?.  Maybe you should cut your losses on the rum and have them refund the fee. How difficult is it for them to  make a floral arrangement??? There are only a few styles offered...

We always pre order florals..may  not do that for Summit, 

On EDGE the flowers were beautiful and waiting in our non suite stateroom...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Water709 said:

I always used to order a case of water to be delivered to our cabin, and four years ago celebrity stopped doing that. I got by with getting a water bottle often with my drink package, but when you need to drink it all night and early morning it’s inconvenient. That’s why I was happy a couple years ago when they started letting you bring a case etc.  I doubt you would be allowed to carry on an entire case; the stevedore told me 12 bottles max to carry on.  Where is this rule written? No idea. 

I'm sorry you weren't able to bring your case of water on.  I love having a 12-pack of water delivered to my cabin; I like to take it on shore excursions with me (I know the ship's water is fine to drink).  Maybe we'll try to carry on a 12-pack of water; but that seems a bit much along with a 12-pack of soda and 2 bottles of wine. :-) 

4 hours ago, Water709 said:

We are still waiting for a $100 bottle of rum which we pre-ordered for our cabin and “they can’t find it.” 

May I suggest you get an "Attention to Detail" form from the front desk and fill in details.   Address to Hotel Director it should be rectified within a day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Thanks for the ongoing review and pictures.  That inside sofa looks pretty uncomfortable to me.

As do those wooden chairs and milk carton things on the balcony.   Can't say I'm impressed with the pictures thus far.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143
  • Like 4

Wow...I might have to stay away from this topic for the next week.  Due to board the Summit in 6 days and this live report is bringing me down.  Thankfully, I have read many positive reviews on the renovations and each person boarding may have their own perspective.  Got my fingers crossed that my wife and I will be impressed with every detail!!

• Like 1

Overall the ship looks good.. Followed recent  b2b review by Jim-lain..... Many positives were reported!

We will have a reg balc cabin so not expecting  very much..cozy comfort, nice shower and usable balcony! Storage may be limited for a 9/10  night cruise but we'll manage.. port intensive itin...so we'll be going fairly  casual

• Like 1