Room service

macy11111

21 minutes ago, KatieBelle said:

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera_mayan_menus.htm#room

You will find all the menus for Marina/Riviera here including the standard room service menu.  The room service menu for suites is more extensive.  Someone else will have to provide that pic.

Katie

Suites can order from any menu, anywhere... from the MDR or any of the Specialties (for dinner, when they are open).

Room service in suites is handled by the Butler, for all meals.

It's one of the pleasures for us, of having a suite, especially at the end of a tiring day... or for an early rising if we need to get up and out, etc.

We request to keep a complete menu from each Specialty, plus a daily dinner menu for the MDR, so we can decide which to choose (en suite or not).

GC

We are usually in a suite but we've always just ordered from the room service menu located in the suite.  Too bad I never was aware about being able to order from the GDR, etc., but then when we're ordering from room service it's usually between lunch and dinner -- we missed lunch and are planning on a late dinner.

Mura

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Yes, I believe they can order from the Grand Dining Room, or the rooms above PH can order from any of the Specialty restaurants. 

Any PH can order from Specialty Restaurants 

Jancruz1

12 hours ago, ORV said:

Yes, I believe they can order from the Grand Dining Room, or the rooms above PH can order from any of the Specialty restaurants. 

PH suites can order from the Specialties.  This is one of our real treats!

GC

12 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

We request to keep a complete menu from each Specialty, plus a daily dinner menu for the MDR, so we can decide which to choose (en suite or not).

Actually, the menus from GDR, Terrace cafe, Waves, Polo and Toscana are on the TV and updated for each meal everyday. No need for any hard copy menus. The regular Room Service menu is in  book in each room.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Actually, the menus from GDR, Terrace cafe, Waves, Polo and Toscana are on the TV and updated for each meal everyday. No need for any hard copy menus. The regular Room Service menu is in  book in each room.

That may be, and perhaps only because of age and habit, but we prefer to be able to browse through hard copy menus, especially when there are several different restaurants.  And on the O class ships, there are 4 Specialites, not just the two.

GC

4 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

That may be, and perhaps only because of age and habit, but we prefer to be able to browse through hard copy menus, especially when there are several different restaurants.  And on the O class ships, there are 4 Specialites, not just the two.

GC

But the GDR and Terrace list lunch and dinner and those change each day. Saves having to run up to 9 or down to 5 to check the wall menus twice a day!!  Thank goodness for technology!  😍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ORV said:

I knew when I posted this that I should have gone back and edited to say PH and above. I know PH can get the Specialties, I just worded it poorly. 

3 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

But the GDR and Terrace list lunch and dinner and those change each day. Saves having to run up to 9 or down to 5 to check the wall menus twice a day!!  Thank goodness for technology!  😍

??

We get copies of those (MDR) for each day, too.  Sometimes we get them the evening before; sometimes first thing in the morning.

If, for example, I want to sit out on the balcony to see if there are any favorites... we don't have to sit in front of the TV.

Bottom line, this is how we prefer to make our dining decisions.  Certainly no running up and down! anywhere.

GC

26 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I will add  that trying to read the menus on TV  they seem to go by too fast  then I have to wait for that section of the menu to come back around

i am in the paper copy camp   but  we never book a PH so it is the TV or go to the  menu board outside the GDR 😞

personal choice

With all the food, and different venues to consume it, aboard I need quite a bit of that running ( walking) up and down those stairs! LOL! 

We enjoy the conversation and intermingling during dinner. Except for an occasional en-suite when we book a PH we rarely do room service for lunch or dinner. I’ve witnessed others that do all to most all room service for various reasons.

4 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I’ve witnessed others that do all to most all room service for various reasons.

I wonder why.  I wonder if they leave the cabin for non-meal things.  Enquiring minds.... 🙂

1 hour ago, clo said:

I wonder why.  I wonder if they leave the cabin for non-meal things.  Enquiring minds.... 🙂

I guess you will never know.  Unless they choose to kiss and tell.  

• Haha 1