Britannia in trouble ?

Jossie1960

2 minutes ago, Jossie1960 said:

Well I ‘m back and see no need whatsoever to apologise.  Hard facts ! you are a joker, just hearsay at best.  I believe the YouTube report...no smoke without fire.

Hearsay???! daiB is a very regular and respected poster on these boards. He is on the cruise you have told us about based on a YouTube video made before the cruise set sail from Southampton. Who should we believe? a YouTuber who posted the story prior to the cruise and who is not onboard Britannia? Or a very regular poster who is onboard? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jossie1960 said:

Well I ‘m back and see no need whatsoever to apologise.  Hard facts ! you are a joker, just hearsay at best.  I believe the YouTube report...no smoke without fire.

How can it be just hearsay it has been confirmed by P&O and people actually onboard the said cruise at the moment. So you are that arrogant you are not going to admit when you are wrong and going to carry on believe some American who perhaps doesnt know the first thing about P&O. Sorry to burst your bubble but not everything on youtube is true.

1 hour ago, Jossie1960 said:

Oh dear. Is it 1st April? This surely cannot be a serious post?  

It is completely and utterly indisputable that there have been no missed ports on this cruise so far. This has been confirmed not just by P&O and passengers on the cruise, but by independent marine tracking websites which show the past course, speed, ports of call etc. But no, let’s not believe all of that. Let’s work on the basis that it’s all a conspiracy theory, because if somebody online predicted that there would be missed ports and slow running then that must be what eventually happened. I despair! 

Just ignore them! By repeatedly responding to their comments we are playing right into their hands which is what they want for attention. I know who I believe and that is someone who is onboard (diaB). Good riddance Jossie 1960!!

2 hours ago, Jossie1960 said:

Jossie, have you not read the posts from Dai who is on this cruise and has confirmed the cruise is going according to the itinerary? and why are you prepared to accept a You Tube blogger over a long standing CC contributor?

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 4:41 PM, Harry Peterson said:

You’re absolutely right about the glorification of P&O. There are a number of regular posters in these forums who refuse to accept any criticism whatever of P&O (you know who you are) and make a point of criticising anyone who dares do so - even when there’s clear evidence of the failures.

Don’t get me wrong. I do use P&O - they have the sort of suite I like at lower prices than other lines. But it’s not remotely what it was, the clientele has changed, and 

P&O is poor at sorting out problems when they arise. It’s also poor at basic trust and honesty.

A case, I think, of getting what you pay for.

Clientele as changed you mean us poor people who have escaped from the shackles and are now enjoying our hard earned money by cruising.

Joking aside I will crawl back into my hovel and not bother my betters anymore.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jossie1960 said:

This is a hard fact we have been to all ports a little late into Skagen but we left later. All other ports reached on time no other problems.

Everyone £70 OBC better off.

You are wrong and need to apologise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Another hard fact -  YES Britannia did/has engine problems.

Has it been fixed ?  unknown, will have to wait and see........You should ask P&O for an apology.

Giving £70 back to customers is alien to P&O - maybe all the onboard complaints had the desired effect.

46 minutes ago, Jossie1960 said:

Another hard fact -  YES Britannia did/has engine problems.

Has it been fixed ?  unknown, will have to wait and see........You should ask P&O for an apology.

Giving £70 back to customers is alien to P&O - maybe all the onboard complaints had the desired effect.

An apology for what exactly?

It is my understanding that they apologised for the late departure from Southampton the day before the cruise when they realised Britannia would be arriving back late from the previous cruise. I believe it was then that they gave passengers the £70 obc. Nothing to do with onboard complaints (you assume there were some) because it had been given before anybody boarded. If my understanding is incorrect, I am sure somebody on Britannia will correct me.

You appear to be correct in stating the fact that Britannia has / had engine problems but apart from a late departure from Southampton it does not appear to have impacted the cruise in any way. I guess only time will tell. But what is also a fact is that they would not have set sail if they thought that there was any chance that, whatever the problem, passenger safety was being jeopardised in any way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, pete14 said:

It is my understanding that they apologised for the late departure from Southampton the day before the cruise when they realised Britannia would be arriving back late from the previous cruise. I believe it was then that they gave passengers the £70 obc. Nothing to do with onboard complaints (you assume there were some) because it had been given before anybody boarded. If my understanding is incorrect, I am sure somebody on Britannia will correct me.

You appear to be correct in stating the fact that Britannia has / had engine problems but apart from a late departure from Southampton it does not appear to have impacted the cruise in any way. I guess only time will tell. But what is also a fact is that they would not have set sail if they thought that there was any chance that, whatever the problem, passenger safety was being jeopardised in any way.

The engine problem was fixed. We did 21 knts up the north sea.

Edited by daiB

34 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Very minor correction Pete. The passengers were offered £20 per person OBC. This was later upped to £70, presumably because they were getting complaints that the £20 didn’t adequately reflect the loss of the first afternoon and disrupted evening. However, we will never be able to convince Jossie1960 that the ship ever called at Skagen, or that it has been running fine on the current cruise, because somebody on YouTube said that it wasn’t going to, so therefore that must be true. 

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Very minor correction Pete. The passengers were offered £20 per person OBC. This was later upped to £70, presumably because they were getting complaints that the £20 didn’t adequately reflect the loss of the first afternoon and disrupted evening. However, we will never be able to convince Jossie1960 that the ship ever called at Skagen, or that it has been running fine on the current cruise, because somebody on YouTube said that it wasn’t going to, so therefore that must be true. 

Thanks for pointing out my error. I am happy to apologise to anybody I may have misled.

On 7/11/2019 at 9:52 PM, Jossie1960 said:

She limped on half power missed ports of call and offered £70 as compensation. The point I made was that they didn’t tell anyone for 24 hours knowing full well that they had engine problems before they left Southampton. Can you trust P&O ?

That is total rubbish and a lie and you should be ashamed to spread it when it is clearly not true. I wonder if you have ever cruised on P&O or any cruise line or just thought about cruising on Britannia and you do not know what you are talking about and just spreading misinformation. You have been clearly been told by people actually on the cruise and it has also been confirmed by P&O that the video you shared and started this thread was incorrect and yet still dont believe what people on the cruise are saying and continue to spout your misinformation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Currently on this cruise, just leaving Stockholm. We were informed that departure from Southampton would be late and advised to arrive 6 hours later than originally instructed to. At that point we were told that we would be given £20 each OBC. At the muster drill we were told that the original fault had been fixed, that added to 2 medical emergencies leaving the last port of call on previous cruise had caused the delay. A new and different fault had been identified and meant that we would miss Skagen whilst engineers tried to fix it and we would all receive a further £50 OBC. The following sea day we were given the great news that fault was fixed and with his foot to the floor Captain Wesley would have us in Skagen by noon on Monday for the full 8 hours. We were then told that we would be keeping the £50 OBC. Great cruise and fantastic ports of call, having a wonderful time and would be delighted to book again. Hope that helps with any confusion!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tilly20 said:

Currently on this cruise, just leaving Stockholm. We were informed that departure from Southampton would be late and advised to arrive 6 hours later than originally instructed to. At that point we were told that we would be given £20 each OBC. At the muster drill we were told that the original fault had been fixed, that added to 2 medical emergencies leaving the last port of call on previous cruise had caused the delay. A new and different fault had been identified and meant that we would miss Skagen whilst engineers tried to fix it and we would all receive a further £50 OBC. The following sea day we were given the great news that fault was fixed and with his foot to the floor Captain Wesley would have us in Skagen by noon on Monday for the full 8 hours. We were then told that we would be keeping the £50 OBC. Great cruise and fantastic ports of call, having a wonderful time and would be delighted to book again. Hope that helps with any confusion!

Hallelujah!  Many thanks Tilly20. If you have read this thread (I suggest you don’t if you haven’t) then you will have seen that Jossie1960 is insisting that the problem wasn’t fixed, you missed Skagen, and have been running on reduced power, when we all know that none of that was the case. Delighted to hear that you are having a great cruise and have experienced no problems, other than the late departure, as we have friends on board with you. 

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

Thanks for pointing out my error. I am happy to apologise to anybody I may have misled.

Apologies Pete. The very helpful post just made by from Tilly20 (who is onboard) clarifies why the £20 OBC became £80 and it wasn’t as I had speculated. The great news is that we now have yet another person onboard posting to confirm that, late departure aside, they have had no problems, have been running at normal speed and did not miss Skagen. As we know, one poster on here will steadfastly continue to say differently!

11 hours ago, daiB said:

This is a hard fact we have been to all ports a little late into Skagen but we left later. All other ports reached on time no other problems.

Everyone £70 OBC better off.

You are wrong and need to apologise.

Well said daiB.

I'm pleased you are having a great cruise with no problems with the ship.

3 hours ago, Tilly20 said:

I have read the thread, thought it might help to give the actual facts! 😀 

View from our balcony this morning as we enjoyed the beautiful sail in to Stockholm.

89DF82BB-7949-4354-9560-CE8B82B95C1C.jpeg

One of my favourite sail ins.  I actually got up at 5am on one cruise to sit on the balcony to enjoy the sail in through the archipelago.