New Web Page With Thumbnail Pictures

cruzsnooze

I also use Safari and I get the new page. The differences may have to do with the type of device you’re using. I almost always use my iPad, but my MAC desk top shows some sites a little differently. My husband’s PC shows pages differently than either of my devices. That being said, I also really dislike the new set up on the Princess site. 

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Where is the site feedback form so I can use it. I looked at the bottom of the front page and must be missing it.

Click the Princess Logo top Left so it goes to the Main page .

at the bottom it says  Site Feedback .on my kindle device there is a tab that says "show" which hides or shows site Feedback.

Edited by fishnchips

I did use that link to submit feedback regarding the change. I sincerely doubt it will do any good but I did make my displeasure with the change to the cruise search page known.

4 hours ago, msmoger said:

What am I missing?  When I click on "Plan a Cruise -> Find Cruise" I get the old page.  I'm using Safari.  I wonder if the message at the top of the screen indicates anything relating to this topic.

2118671121_Screenshot2019-07-1311_18_30.thumb.png.019f0f1832e246ea628427e510f4c95c.png

The new format does not come up all the time yet. 

Using Safari yesterday I got the new format.

You are all overly wrought over nothing IMO. 

The so called horrible new thing has a neat little link in the upper right:  "Advanced Search" which will take you right to where you want to be.  Also, if you click on "Plan a Cruise" and then "Find Cruises" under that, you will get to where you want to be.  Not too difficult IMO.  Simple search or the more familiar "Advanced" search.  Problem solved.

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

2 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

The so called horrible new thing has a neat little link in the upper right:  "Advanced Search" which will take you right to where you want to be.  Also, if you click on "Plan a Cruise" and then "Find Cruises" under that, you will get to where you want to be.  Not too difficult IMO.  Simple search or the more familiar "Advanced" search.  Problem solved.

Nothing to you but a pain to me.  If you go to plan a cruise you do NOT get all the dates and prices to scroll down, you need to go page to page to page, a real pain. I'll start going to a cruise booking site to see what I need and book there costing Princess a commission which they will have to pay out.  It won't stop me from using Princess but I hate the thumbnail way of looking at cruises. 

2 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Wrong. Those who don't like the new stuff do NOT get the old page when clicking on "Plan a Cruise" and then "Find Cruises", They are getting the crappy new page. The new page does NOT have an "Advanced Search" link in the upper right. Just because you are getting the old page that works great don't assume others are simply idiots.

image.thumb.png.d5a31d5a0551ff31346895192b8688cc.png

13 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Wrong. Those who don't like the new stuff do NOT get the old page when clicking on "Plan a Cruise" and then "Find Cruises", They are getting the crappy new page. The new page does NOT have an "Advanced Search" link in the upper right. Just because you are getting the old page that works great don't assume others are simply idiots.

image.thumb.png.d5a31d5a0551ff31346895192b8688cc.png

Sorry friend... not my assumption at all.  It just seemed like there were some more convoluted workarounds.  Ia not sure what to think.  I use CHROME .. perhaps I should see what happens after next cache clear.

I do have an Advanced Search link on the home page.

Edited by steelers36

8 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Sorry friend... not my assumption at all.  It just seemed like there were some more convoluted workarounds.  Ia not sure what to think.  I use CHROME .. perhaps I should see what happens after next cache clear.

I've tried Firefox and Chrome and am well aware of how to clear the cache and cookies. I always get the stupid new site unless I use a bookmark I made with the old site. Sadly, checking cruises today I got a bunch of "no pricing available for that date or cabin type" on the old site. Fiddling with the new site got the pricing info. The old site is accessible here:  https://www.princess.com/find/search.do

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steelers36 said:

It's great that you still have an Advanced Search option, but not everyone does. Enjoy it while it still works! 

Here are the screenshots of the new home page and Find Cruises page that you'll be switched over to soon enough. 

snip1.jpg

snip2.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Nothing to you but a pain to me.  If you go to plan a cruise you do NOT get all the dates and prices to scroll down, you need to go page to page to page, a real pain. I'll start going to a cruise booking site to see what I need and book there costing Princess a commission which they will have to pay out.  It won't stop me from using Princess but I hate the thumbnail way of looking at cruises. 

Perhaps I over-simplified the problem - and some have more issues.  I wonder if the current maintenance period Princess has going on tonight will correct some of this particular issue.  

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

54 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I've tried Firefox and Chrome and am well aware of how to clear the cache and cookies. I always get the stupid new site unless I use a bookmark I made with the old site. Sadly, checking cruises today I got a bunch of "no pricing available for that date or cabin type" on the old site. Fiddling with the new site got the pricing info. The old site is accessible here:  https://www.princess.com/find/search.do

16 minutes ago, caa said:

It's great that you still have an Advanced Search option, but not everyone does. Enjoy it while it still works! 

Here are the screenshots of the new home page and Find Cruises page that you'll be switched over to soon enough. 

snip1.jpg

snip2.jpg

Well guys, I did close up Princess webpage and cleared cache and lo and behold, I got the page layout design as shown above from "caa"'s post.  I am also seeing higher prices than earlier today, but that could be due to not being able to login due to whatever site maintenance is going on at Princess. 

So, I do NOT any longer have an "Advanced Search" link.  I have what you all have.  The direct URL does take me to the old search layout.  I don't like it anymore than you all do.  But, I propose to wait and see what it is like tomorrow or Monday and then happy to join the chorus of advising Princess that it would be nice to have our old search interface back.

Grimacing Face on Google Android 9.0               image.png.7b106189cd9334d7fdf87908bc22f650.png-ish

17 hours ago, steelers36 said:

But, I propose to wait and see what it is like tomorrow or Monday and then happy to join the chorus of advising Princess that it would be nice to have our old search interface back.

It did not revert back to the original user friendly version today as hoped.

Yes, once you've been migrated to the new search, you won't ever be able to click on "Plan a Cruise" and get to the old search screen. Each time you click that link it will start a new search using the new screen.

If you want to do multiple searches with the old screen, you have to remember to use your browser's back button or use your bookmark to the old search instead of clicking on Plan a Cruise.

On 7/17/2019 at 5:58 PM, caa said:

Yes, once you've been migrated to the new search, you won't ever be able to click on "Plan a Cruise" and get to the old search screen. Each time you click that link it will start a new search using the new screen.

If you want to do multiple searches with the old screen, you have to remember to use your browser's back button or use your bookmark to the old search instead of clicking on Plan a Cruise.

The problem I ran into with the link for the old search page is that cruises I checked on said there was no information available for the date and cabin type chosen. I hadn't chosen a cabin type but the dates didn't work. I got an initial result but when I clicked on a different date it didn't work and I just got the message above. I tried this with multiple searches and got the same result for all of them. Sad as I really dislike the new search page.

First the new version made for idiots stinks.  The old version was much better for those of us that know what we want and do not want to see a bunch of silly graphics.  If you have a slow internet connection (I don't) the graphics will take longer to load.  

So I checked it today.  On chrome (don't get me started on how much chrome sucks) I am getting this "new improved" piece of junk.  The webpage quoted earlier in this thread does indeed bring up the older more intelligent page.  On Microsoft Edge I get the same crappy page.  On Firefox I am getting the older page but I imagine the mental midgets in IT will fix that shortly.  

So one step forward and two steps back.  Princess stop emulating CCL and RCL (maybe others?) where their planning pages are utter trash.  

I hadn’t gone onto the Princes web site for quite a while so after reading about the problem I thought I would give it a try. I got the new version of “Find Cruises” that everyone was talking about.

I ran the free version of “CCleaner” on my computer and now I’m back to the older and better version.

35 minutes ago, TwoCruisers said:

I hadn’t gone onto the Princes web site for quite a while so after reading about the problem I thought I would give it a try. I got the new version of “Find Cruises” that everyone was talking about.

I ran the free version of “CCleaner” on my computer and now I’m back to the older and better version.

What is the CCleaner?