Premium Plus Beverage Package

Voelfgar

On our cruise last week, we had in our cabin a flyer that announced a new Premium Plus Beverage Package. So the Ultimate Bev Package is now called the Premium Bev Package and a new Premium Plus Drink Package. Cost is $128/person/day. If you already have the Premium (Ultimate) is it a $29/person/day. See pictures for more info.

20190703_133508.jpg

20190703_133524.jpg

5 minutes ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

Would both people in a stateroom have to upgrade?

Does the still and sparkling water include bottle you can take off the ship with you?

Yes, and yes. 

5 hours ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

Would both people in a stateroom have to upgrade?

Does the still and sparkling water include bottle you can take off the ship with you?

Here's a better question, totally not to sound cheap...since I've already spent a small fortune on this cruise anyway, what's another couple hundred, right??

Wife and I are booked in separate rooms...one each with a kid, did it that way to gain extra OBC (so again, no complaints about spending a couple hundred....)  What if I took the PPBP,  and she stuck with the PBP, and I went to the bar and ordered two drinks on the PPBP???  Ordered ONE bottle of wine at dinner and shared (which she did on her Sky cruise in May with no issues)......Is that a bad idea?  Think the bartenders would hesitate giving me TWO drinks worth $35 at a time???  Or should I just stick with the plan of both getting the package?  Inquiring minds want to know.....

20 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Here's a better question, totally not to sound cheap...since I've already spent a small fortune on this cruise anyway, what's another couple hundred, right??

Wife and I are booked in separate rooms...one each with a kid, did it that way to gain extra OBC (so again, no complaints about spending a couple hundred....)  What if I took the PPBP,  and she stuck with the PBP, and I went to the bar and ordered two drinks on the PPBP???  Ordered ONE bottle of wine at dinner and shared (which she did on her Sky cruise in May with no issues)......Is that a bad idea?  Think the bartenders would hesitate giving me TWO drinks worth $35 at a time???  Or should I just stick with the plan of both getting the package?  Inquiring minds want to know.....

I think it would be the same if she didn't even have PBP...nobody would know. Except that you would hear a phantom cocktail shaker when you tried to go to sleep at night until it drove you crazy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

until someone notices the "theft" and enforces the "package is not transferrable" clause and ruins your entire vacation.

Not that I'm the ethics police but you may get away with it but who do you think they will pass along that cost to?? ME!! by increasing the costs for those purchasing the PPBP to cover the costs you're skirting.

I liken it to those who double cup their ice coffee with another cup at Starbucks / Dunkin..... that inventory cost is passed along somewhere and it's to the people who are following the rules. 

You asked...... 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, esm54687 said:

I liken it to those who double cup their ice coffee with another cup at Starbucks / Dunkin.

What do you mean by this?

Also. does anyone know if the energy drinks are bottled/canned? 

Why get the water bottle package if this gives you actual water bottles as well

Edited by Cariot

42 minutes ago, Cariot said:

What do you mean by this?

Also. does anyone know if the energy drinks are bottled/canned? 

Why get the water bottle package if this gives you actual water bottles as well

Someone orders an ice coffee and then requests that the perfectly good cup be placed in a second cup to aid in keeping the drink cold longer...... the first cup cost is factored into the price of the ice coffee but the second cup is not..... therefore the business must recover the cost of the second cup and the only way to do that is to charge everyone else a little more. Some companies say they will charge a quarter for the second cup but never do so because of the backlash from the customer so.... we all end up paying for it. 

If you want something then pay for it and don't pass it along to me..... similiar to the PPBP

Logically, you would not get the water package if you get the PPBP....   besides, the water is perfectly fine on board so really don't need the water package anyway.

35 minutes ago, El_Rolfo said:

You guys feel okay with paying $129 (at least on paper) for drinks per day?

I would never pay $129, but I got the PBP as a Free at Sea, already paid the gratuities on that, and only going to be paying $29 for the upgrade plus grats...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HOSKI said:

So I would love to know what wines with dinner are included in the upgraded package.  I'm not a big wine drinker but I do enjoy Moscato. 

There are moscato's expensive enough to warrant upgrading just for moscato.  They usually range from $6-$15 retail, so I would stick with the PBP and drink by the glass.  Unless you were looking for higher end spirits, Cabernet's, and Champagnes its not worth it. 

13 hours ago, HOSKI said:

So I would love to know what wines with dinner are included in the upgraded package.  I'm not a big wine drinker but I do enjoy Moscato. 

Unknown, the fine print just says select wines.

3 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

There are moscato's expensive enough to warrant upgrading just for moscato.  They usually range from $6-$15 retail, so I would stick with the PBP and drink by the glass.  Unless you were looking for higher end spirits, Cabernet's, and Champagnes its not worth it. 

the PPBP would include all drinks by the glass. The wine at dinner is for a bottle. And all the fine print says is it is select wines.

1 hour ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

Is there a list of which liquor/wine that are specifically included in the PPBP?  Or maybe the information I need is just on a regular bar menu?  My DH wants to specifically know what single malt Scotch they have.  

Any drink by the glass is included in the PPBP, there is no price limit. The only thing that is unknown to me, is what bottles of wine will be available with dinner as the fine print just says select wines.

3 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Was just on Epic, they had 2 pinot noir on the menu, one was included in PBP(UBP) and one was not. The one that was is the same you'd find at a mid price restaurant chain.

25 minutes ago, Voelfgar said:

Any drink by the glass is included in the PPBP, there is no price limit. The only thing that is unknown to me, is what bottles of wine will be available with dinner as the fine print just says select wines.

Yes, I realize any drink is included.  What DH wants to know is what Scotch/Bourbon/Rye they have that would be over the $15 price, so that he can decide if those choice are worth the upgrade from the Premium pkg to the Premium Plus pkg.   

20 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Here's what was on Bliss in May on their generic bar menu. Some other bars may have slightly different - like I would think if the ship has Maltings there might be more choices. 

20190505_130218 (1).jpg

Perfect!  That's exactly what I was looking for. 

I'd love a similar picture of the wine list.

7 minutes ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

Perfect!  That's exactly what I was looking for. 

I'd love a similar picture of the wine list.

This is just the generic wine list. Other venues have more wine options, and it's not the dinner menu wine list which denotes which bottles you can get for free. 

20190505_130222.jpg

• Like 1