Premium Plus Beverage Package

Voelfgar

58 minutes ago, doconner said:

Earlier in the thread I saw the menu that showed the price of spirts alone, but I'm wondering if there are cocktails/martinis that are excluded from the base drinks package.  I see Grey Goose is 14.95, but how what about a Grey Goose martini for instance.  Or even a Grey Goose and tonic, does the cost of the tonic push it over $15 and out of the drinks package?

Thanks,

If this would push it over, can you order a grey goose and then a few minutes later a tonic???

6 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

If this would push it over, can you order a grey goose and then a few minutes later a tonic???

Ordering a Grey Goose and tonic does not push it over the limit. You can order any cocktail and specify any liquor that’s under $15 without an up charge.

An exception would be the Chocolate Martini or coffee based cocktails.

Edited by Skipper305
  • Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 7:45 PM, JandC_Cruising said:

Ummmm....if that’s the wine you drink while cruising, I don’t expect ANY drink package is going to work for you.  Just raid your cellar, pay the corkage, and enjoy.   I’ve not seen a current full wine list for NCL, but I’m hazarding a guess that there are no wines of that caliber (or price)  on the ship.

we are on the escape this coming Sunday and we’re upgrading so we can enjoy the vueve, some cognacs, cappuccino, waters, and bottles at dinner. 

Let us know how it goes and any recommendations.   I just upgraded for our cruise in two weeks.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:35 AM, MNcruisingcouple said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade to Premium Plus part way through the cruise?  We'd really like to upgrade for days 4-7 to see if it we like it and if it is worth it for us.

Thanks

Someone just posted dailies from the Breakaway in another thread, and the Day 1 Daily specifies that upgrades are only available on Day 1 of the cruise

18 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Like the other poster who responded said, most mixers don't push it over. I believe energy drinks are the other exception along with coffee. 

However if you have more than one liquor that might push it over as well. Depends on what the drink is. Ie ordering a grey goose cosmo would be covered by the plan. 

On 8/3/2019 at 1:22 PM, YankeesFan4Life said:

It's anything $35 or under.  If you prefer to pay for a $40-$60 glass, you will pay the difference, plus service charge.

This is apparently rubbish and if crew tells you this, then it's them who don't know. There's no $35 cap and the written Ts and Cs are very clear about this. I've just checked with my cruise ad visor at NCL in Sydney and he came back confirming:

"All beverages by the glass are included. This includes the Johnny Walker Blues and aged Bordeauxs.... Also 

includes select wines by the bottle (as listed). You can have multiple bottles in one sitting."

I'll print this off and take with me, just in case crew members on the ship are not aware of this.Nor sure were the $35 came from as it clearly contradicts not only this email but also the written Ts and Cs.

14 minutes ago, Sydneyberlin said:

This is apparently rubbish and if crew tells you this, then it's them who don't know. There's no $35 cap and the written Ts and Cs are very clear about this. I've just checked with my cruise ad visor at NCL in Sydney and he came back confirming:

"All beverages by the glass are included. This includes the Johnny Walker Blues and aged Bordeauxs.... Also 

includes select wines by the bottle (as listed). You can have multiple bottles in one sitting."

I'll print this off and take with me, just in case crew members on the ship are not aware of this.Nor sure were the $35 came from as it clearly contradicts not only this email but also the written Ts and Cs.

I had the Premium Plus back in April on Bliss, Johnny Walker Blue is $50 a shot, i tried to order from  "Chocolate Cowboy", he said it wasn't included. He mentioned the $35 limit. 

2 minutes ago, wetcoast said:

I had the Premium Plus back in April on Bliss, Johnny Walker Blue is $50 a shot, i tried to order from  "Chocolate Cowboy", he said it wasn't included. He mentioned the $35 limit. 

Well, I have it in writing now that this is rubbish. Will be printing this off and if it comes to it, I'll complain via email while we're on the ship. 

3 hours ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

Thank you hitch-04....We get on the Star on Sunday so we will see if it is the same.  We are also doing the Epic after that so we will probably upgrade one of the cruises to the premium package.

Can you let us know if you can only upgrade on the first day, or up to the third day?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, wetcoast said:

They have Louis Xiii at some bars, was told $125 for 1/2 oz

Yeah, don't think I want them moving the bottle... was at Costco about a month ago and in the liquor store they had a bottle of something (actually no idea I was looking at the price tag) that was $3899.99 ($4200 with tax) - for a 1.5 liter bottle. Fancy bottle but shots would be around $125. Yikes!

3 hours ago, wetcoast said:

They have Louis Xiii at some bars, was told $125 for 1/2 oz

Awesome, that's make the upgrade to the Premium Plus extra worthwhile. I'm particularly after expensive whiskys and I bet they have some really pricey Bordeaux at the French specialty restaurants so glad to know that there's no cap at all. Which there shouldn't be as the small print on the NCL collateral could not be clearer: "Any drink by the glass". No ambiguity there, from what I can tell.

Does anyone know if there's places where you can find more expensive champagnes than the Veuve Yellow label by the glass? Can you get Krug or Dom by the glass at any venue? 😋 I'll be on the Epic, Western Med cruise.

13 hours ago, wetcoast said:

13 hours ago, Sydneyberlin said:

Well, I have it in writing now that this is rubbish. Will be printing this off and if it comes to it, I'll complain via email while we're on the ship. 

I wonder if this is a difference between booking in the UK and booking in the US.  We also were told in no uncertain terms (twice on the Jade) that it's $35 and under.  I would presume to keep everyone from drinking the heck out of the Louis XIII.

https://www.ncl.com/terms/premium-plus-beverage-package-full

The T&C doesn't list any price cap.  But it does also end by saying that other terms and conditions may apply.  And it does say that it doesn't include “Wine and Spirit Experiences” so that *may* be how they categorize the super premium items like Louis XIII

My fear is that with things like Louis XIII, the price cap of $35 is for real. Logic dictating that fear!  But of course a horrible job of NCL with no mention of a cap in their T&C’s. 

And it makes sense that “experiences” (wine tastings, etc) would be exempt. NCL really needs to get on the ball and clarify in writing. 

It's also interesting that the flyer says that wine dispensers aren't included, but the T&C says they are

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf
"Package does not include: Room service, mini bar purchases, wine dispenser, vending machines, pre-cruise wine bottle purchases, Wine and Spirit Experiences, tastings or flights."

https://www.ncl.com/terms/premium-plus-beverage-package-full
"Includes fountain soda, freshly squeezed juice, bottled water (flat and sparkling), energy drinks, non-alcoholic beer, wine dispensers, and specialty coffee."

• Thanks 1

I can hope no limit on glass but do expect there to be one... the last sentence leaves a wide hole a truck can drive thru. Plus I cannot imagine going thru 5-10 bottles of the ultra-expensive stuff on a week cruise and not decide to change something.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BEAV said:

My fear is that with things like Louis XIII, the price cap of $35 is for real. Logic dictating that fear!  But of course a horrible job of NCL with no mention of a cap in their T&C’s. 

And it makes sense that “experiences” (wine tastings, etc) would be exempt. NCL really needs to get on the ball and clarify in writing. 

Guys- stop it. I’ve gotten written confirmation from staff at NCL who tell me have checked and triple checked and there’s no such thing as a $35 cap. This is made up either on this forum or by badly trained crew which is both not unlikely. 

And that was neither the UK nor the US office by the Aussie one. I was even specifically told that Blue Jonny Walker as well as even the most pricey red in the specialty restaurants is DEFINITELY included and got pointed to the clear Ts&Cs which state “any drink by the glass”. He also told me that there’s no 2 bottle maximum for the wines by the bottle as long as they’re drunk during dinner times at dining venues. So nothing keeps you from having a bottle of Veuve in the main dining room and thug follow that up with another bottle of Veueve and a red wine at another restaurant. 

And yes I am aware, we are big drinkers. Especially on a cruise with a premium plus booze package 😉

On 8/12/2019 at 11:18 PM, MNcruisingcouple said:

Thank you hitch-04....We get on the Star on Sunday so we will see if it is the same.  We are also doing the Epic after that so we will probably upgrade one of the cruises to the premium package.

I would be interested in your thoughts.  I go on the Star next month and have been on Epic multiple times.  I just wonder if these are too port intensive to get value out of the package.  I can  vouch for the fact that it is not a good idea to stay up late drinking even with only the regular package when you have a long day ahead in Naples.  This happened to me the day after my birthday.  Between the Star and the Epic you only have one sea day.  

For me the upgrade sounds great for a TA cruise.  

9 hours ago, Sydneyberlin said:

And that was neither the UK nor the US office by the Aussie one. I was even specifically told that Blue Jonny Walker as well as even the most pricey red in the specialty restaurants is DEFINITELY included and got pointed to the clear Ts&Cs which state “any drink by the glass”. He also told me that there’s no 2 bottle maximum for the wines by the bottle as long as they’re drunk during dinner times at dining venues. So nothing keeps you from having a bottle of Veuve in the main dining room and thug follow that up with another bottle of Veueve and a red wine at another restaurant. 

I SO want this to be true, as it was certainly not my experience. Please report back once you've taken your cruise, I'm very interested to hear how it worked!