Premium Plus Beverage Package

Voelfgar

On 8/20/2019 at 4:22 PM, YankeesFan4Life said:

To clarify, you CAN share your wine with friends/family at dinner. 

You also get fresh squeezed OJ, or ANY juice from the Juice Bar.  On Breakaway, it was at the bar just aft and port from the Garden Cafe.  We had celery, apple, orange, garlic etc.....They usually charge $3 per, but included with PPB

I would love to hear more about sharing the bottle.  We are traveling next month with 2 other couples and pretty sure they won't upgrade.  But the veuve and single malts are tempting me.  Just don't want to pop a bottle at dinner and not be able to share with our friends. 

3 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Prosecco would never be $16.95

Prosecco SHOULD never be $16.95 but with these riduculous packages one never knows. Looks like I'll be slumming with the prosecco. BTW, thanks for the response but it could have been less passive aggressive such as "$10.95". LOL

On 8/16/2019 at 8:45 PM, Sydneyberlin said:

Oh- sure, I’m the one who’s out of my mind though you are clearly not capable to read. What’s so hard to understand about “Any drink by the glass”? I won’t be playing hardball, I will simply insist on them acknowledging their own written Terms and Conditions.

We were on the Joy in June and upgraded to the Premium beverage package and both my husband and I had Johnny Walker Blue, Don Julio 1942  and routinely drank the Whistle Pig Rye. We also enjoyed the Veuve on numerous occasions and they would always say ... would you like another bottle? We were also treated to some wine that was served using a special dispensing pin. We obviously felt like we more than got our $$ worth 😃. Hope they don’t change anything!!! 

12 minutes ago, Merrygirl88 said:

We were on the Joy in June and upgraded to the Premium beverage package and both my husband and I had Johnny Walker Blue, Don Julio 1942  and routinely drank the Whistle Pig Rye. We also enjoyed the Veuve on numerous occasions and they would always say ... would you like another bottle? We were also treated to some wine that was served using a special dispensing pin. We obviously felt like we more than got our $$ worth 😃. Hope they don’t change anything!!! 

We’ll be on the Joy again in October, where can we find JW Blue? TIA

1 hour ago, Merrygirl88 said:

Thanks a lot for the update, I am very glad to hear! Sounds like it will definitely we worth it then :-)

12 hours ago, Sofla1 said:

Prosecco SHOULD never be $16.95 but with these riduculous packages one never knows. Looks like I'll be slumming with the prosecco. BTW, thanks for the response but it could have been less passive aggressive such as "$10.95". LOL

OMG I am SO sorry! I thought it felt a little pretentious when I wrote that LOL!  Actually, there are some higher priced Prosecco's out in the market, but none more than $20-$25.  I really feel bad how that came out!  I'm in the wine business, so looking and complaining about pricing, especially in restaurants and on the ship is one of my things....But the Prosecco they use on board, they also use for their mimosa's, FYI

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife and I and my parents are cruising on the Bliss this Sunday in separate rooms, however we booked the rooms together. We all took the premium beverage package as an incentive when booking. My wife and I upgraded to the Premium Plus Beverage Package the other day online and after we booked, we noticed the following statement in the fine print:

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

It doesn't state that we have to have the same beverage package, but has anyone had an issue with one of the rooms with the PBP and one with the PPBP?  My parents will only have a drink a day, so it wouldn't be worth for them to upgrade.

2 hours ago, AMorys322 said:

My wife and I and my parents are cruising on the Bliss this Sunday in separate rooms, however we booked the rooms together. We all took the premium beverage package as an incentive when booking. My wife and I upgraded to the Premium Plus Beverage Package the other day online and after we booked, we noticed the following statement in the fine print:

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

It doesn't state that we have to have the same beverage package, but has anyone had an issue with one of the rooms with the PBP and one with the PPBP?  My parents will only have a drink a day, so it wouldn't be worth for them to upgrade.

Did you get a confirmation email about your purchase?  If so, I would imagine that would suffice as to not having to have anyone else take it...I think they'd be hard pressed to make 2 other people spend almost $500 more, they should be thankful they got your money!  Enjoy it, its FLIPPIN AWESOME!!!!  (I think a perk of the PPB should be a discounted liver transplant, or at least a 10 pack of AA meetings when you disembark!)

10 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

OMG I am SO sorry! I thought it felt a little pretentious when I wrote that LOL!  Actually, there are some higher priced Prosecco's out in the market, but none more than $20-$25.  I really feel bad how that came out!  I'm in the wine business, so looking and complaining about pricing, especially in restaurants and on the ship is one of my things....But the Prosecco they use on board, they also use for their mimosa's, FYI

Hey, I'm a NYer too so I just call it as I see it. No hard feelings! Is it really crappy prosecco? It says it's dry which is a good sign the really awful ones are sweet. I like prosecco in general. I'm not too knowledgeable about wine - I know enough to bring a Pinot Noir to Thanksgiving if I want to drink a red but I don't get chocolate or berries ever from my red wine!! LOL

On 8/21/2019 at 5:37 PM, ewl said:

Alas, we are on the Sun now and told that specialty coffee is included in the dining rooms only.  Got a $10 bill for ordering it at the Starbucks cafe.  And yes we have Premium Plus.... 😞

How about the "coffee shop" that is not Starbucks?

On 8/22/2019 at 12:37 AM, ewl said:

Alas, we are on the Sun now and told that specialty coffee is included in the dining rooms only.  Got a $10 bill for ordering it at the Starbucks cafe.  And yes we have Premium Plus.... 😞

And that is bullshit by Sun personnel. Terms and conditions of Premium Plus:

"Package can be used in onboard restaurants, lounges, bars and GreatStirrup Cay. Includes all beverages by the glass. Beverage selection is subject to change on board. Includes fountain soda, freshly squeezed juice, bottled water (flat and sparkling), energy drinks, non-alcoholic beer, and specialty coffee. Includes select wines by the bottle when dining. Select wine list is subject to change. The following will receive a 40% discount when purchased on board; non-selectbottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included), “Wine and Spirit Experiences”, tastings, and flights. "

No exclusion related to Starbucks or other cafeterias on the board.

3 hours ago, JezzaC said:

And that is bullshit by Sun personnel. Terms and conditions of Premium Plus:

"Package can be used in onboard restaurants, lounges, bars and GreatStirrup Cay. Includes all beverages by the glass. Beverage selection is subject to change on board. Includes fountain soda, freshly squeezed juice, bottled water (flat and sparkling), energy drinks, non-alcoholic beer, and specialty coffee. Includes select wines by the bottle when dining. Select wine list is subject to change. The following will receive a 40% discount when purchased on board; non-selectbottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included), “Wine and Spirit Experiences”, tastings, and flights. "

No exclusion related to Starbucks or other cafeterias on the board.

Funny you mention that, my wife told me just yesterday that none of the Starbucks coffee's her and my daughter purchased ever showed up on our statement.  For future, I'd order a Starbucks and check your on board account...they did say it did not include Starbucks, but who knows....they haven't gotten this whole thing figured out yet either...

On 7/16/2019 at 9:04 PM, kjquilts said:

Also, if you are a wine drinker the number of bottles of wine included in the Premium Plus Beverage package plus 40% off any not included bottles of wine, wine and spirit experiences, tastings and flights made the upgrade well worth it to us.  NCL's regular Beverage package wine by the glass selection is not great so we really appreciated the expanded wine menu.  The Veuve Clicquot at $99 per bottle or  $35 or $39 (can't remember which) per glass was probably the most expensive inclusion in the upgraded package.    Fresh squeezed juice, Starbucks, bottled water also included. 

Sorry - going back a few days (!!) but I have been mulling this Premium Plus for a while.  

The only thing that would really make a difference to me is the Champagne.  I usually drink Hendricks but I can cope with tanqueray.  So even at $99 a bottle + service charge, if I drank two or even three bottles  over the cruise it will be a lot less expensive than  buying two packages.  Of course I have not factored in what DH wants to drink.  He seems happy with his beer and the occasional red wine which he selects by the colour rather than the notes on the palate.  

I am thinking about going to buy a bottle of Veuve to try it before I go.  That should seal the deal for me.  

24 minutes ago, purpleally said:

For those of you who bought the upgrade package but dine with friends that did not - how did that work out?

if I order a bottle of Veuve will they bring glasses for the four of us?

and, is there a limit on number of bottles?

Yes, you can share.  They even brought glasses for my teenage kids a couple times and had to tell them they are underage! lol

image.thumb.png.bc2a008944e5598dfc3fb7af63d40c97.pngThe rules are different for the Sun and Sky 3-6 night sailings than other cruises as far as the specialty coffee.

I just came off the Breakaway with an upgraded beverage package and specialty coffee was included at the Bake Shop and in all restaurants.  We were definitely fans of the upgraded package because of the specialty coffee, bottled water from any bar, bottles of wine at dinner (wine by the glass service was very slow but with bottles we had wine with every course), the fresh squeezed orange juice, and the chance to try some of the premium liquors

• Like 2

On 8/22/2019 at 6:21 PM, Sofla1 said:

Hey, I'm a NYer too so I just call it as I see it. No hard feelings! Is it really crappy prosecco? It says it's dry which is a good sign the really awful ones are sweet. I like prosecco in general. I'm not too knowledgeable about wine - I know enough to bring a Pinot Noir to Thanksgiving if I want to drink a red but I don't get chocolate or berries ever from my red wine!! LOL

I pretty much only drink champagne and also like some prosecco. I was happy with the brands that were on NCL ships before the last wine list changes.  I ask to see the bottle now. I noticed one night at the theater bar on the Getaway that the bartender was holding the bottle with his hand over the front of the label. One taste and I knew it was the junk they give away in the cabins. I asked to see the bottle in the Atrium bar and the bartenders had a little discussion. I made sure it was the Romio or whatever the by-the-glass prosecco is now. I don't have the drink package on my next cruise so I will be much more careful before paying $10 a glass for something that costs $8 a bottle. I should probably just bring my own and pay the corkage. I wish they would charge less for smaller bottles. I don't want to carry a big bottle of decent champagne around like some upscale wino.

• Haha 1

So I pulled the trigger on this for our 9/15 sailing.  I know we will get our money's worth with the champagne and single malts.  My main concern was being able to share the bottles at dinner and two have reported you can.  I will try to report back post cruise. 

• Like 1

Just got back, upgraded to the PPB, worth every cent.  For the majority of dinners it was just the two of us but one time had a group of 4 and we shared our bottles with them.  We will definitely be upgrading on future cruises as long as this is offered.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2019 at 5:35 PM, AMorys322 said:

On 8/22/2019 at 5:35 PM, AMorys322 said:

All of this chat has been interesting but to get round the rules is so simple... just book on two separate bookings.

also I do not know how true it is but anecdotally we heard on a recent cruise this promotion has been an all out disaster going as far as Beveridge managers unable to deal with and is due to be withdrawn .

The SEC listing for NCLH make very interesting reading. There share price is holding but at $50 down from $60.

They quote on the account we are experiencing STRONG ONBOARD revenue. So that's what they are doing get as much as they can onboard!!!

8 hours ago, bmwman said:

All of this chat has been interesting but to get round the rules is so simple... just book on two separate bookings.

also I do not know how true it is but anecdotally we heard on a recent cruise this promotion has been an all out disaster going as far as Beveridge managers unable to deal with and is due to be withdrawn .

The SEC listing for NCLH make very interesting reading. There share price is holding but at $50 down from $60.

They quote on the account we are experiencing STRONG ONBOARD revenue. So that's what they are doing get as much as they can onboard!!!

I hope if they do withdraw the package that they honor those already purchased and not just cancel them with a refund. I have it purchased for my NYE cruise on Encore.

Mary Ann

26 minutes ago, UFMOM said:

I hope if they do withdraw the package that they honor those already purchased and not just cancel them with a refund. I have it purchased for my NYE cruise on Encore.

Mary Ann

Of course anything could happen with the PPBP, but consider, just recently they made it available for pre-purchase. If they were going to withdraw the package this would make no sense. How fantastic to be on a New Years Eve cruise, hope you have a blast!

• Like 1