Club Orange Dining

KAKcruiser

On 7/27/2019 at 1:35 PM, semibeater said:

I did the back to back Can-NE on Zaandam July6 and the CO people (1 couple) sat at our table by the windows. These tables are given to fixed diners in groups of 4 or 6. (we were 6) The CO couple was given a different menu (white cover) with one extra entree on it.  They were clearly uncomfortable with this but they wanted company during dinner. I was offered CO when boarding but declined.  We had a A level suite with no chance of upgrade as ship was full.

This is all very interesting. The original announcement said you had to book CO in advance, and couldn't book it on board. The "orange pass" must not be selling well if they're offering it at boarding.

I like that CO pax can join a large table without waiting for 5 other CO people to show up, but I'd feel awkward having a different menu. When I had myself moved from CO to the MDR on Kdam, I knew I would give up the extra entree, but felt it was worth for me to have the larger table in the MDR. 

Do you know how breakfast worked for CO pax? I'm wondering if they had special menus then, too.  IIRC, in the "old days" of breakfast in the Pinnacle, there were some extra items available. And in CO on Kdam, there were extra items and free mimosas, cheerfully refilled all through breakfast. 

Does the Amsterdam have a dedicated Club Orange dining room? We were just on the Statendam and my mom really enjoyed it. The room was much smaller and quieter. We have a suite booked on the Amsterdam and I am hoping we will have the same option.

10 hours ago, PandaBear62 said:

Does the Amsterdam have a dedicated Club Orange dining room? We were just on the Statendam and my mom really enjoyed it. The room was much smaller and quieter. We have a suite booked on the Amsterdam and I am hoping we will have the same option.

No, it doesn’t.  The only ships with the dedicated Club Orange dining room are the Pinnacle class ships - Koningsdam & N Statendam.

HAL has stated that Club Orange will be in the MDR on the other ships.

On the Oosterdam last week, Club Orange was located in the lower level open seating section of the MDR.  There was a large banner announcing the entrance.  The showroom had a similar banner.  There was a roped Club Orange line for the Front Desk.

I occasionally saw passengers in that line.

Karen

34 minutes ago, Loreto said:

On the Oosterdam last week, Club Orange was located in the lower level open seating section of the MDR.  There was a large banner announcing the entrance.  The showroom had a similar banner.  There was a roped Club Orange line for the Front Desk.

I occasionally saw passengers in that line.

Karen

I think RC does something about a special section of the showroom for suite guests. HAL didn't do the roped off section in the showroom when I was on K'dam this winter when CO was just starting. I don't like the idea in principle, but I sort of wish they had.  That space is way too small for the number of passengers, and on my first three tries to go to a show about 20 minutes before it started the doors were closed and staff explained that I would have to return for the later show. I did finally get to see 2 shows at the early time, but in order to do that I made sure I got there 45 minutes before the show.

17 hours ago, PandaBear62 said:

Can somone who is CO   refuse  to welcome strangers  to   their table if they do not  want  company?

Very Important  question   , IMO...........  Read  the current  ' Table for One'   thread. 

image.png.53622a46ef4e184b8f34d821e4808c9e.png

15 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

Can somone who is CO   refuse  to welcome strangers  to   their table if they do not  want  company?

Very Important  question   , IMO...........  Read  the current  ' Table for One'   thread. 

I sail solo and I prefer to have breakfast alone (I am sooo not a morning person!), but I do feel awkward eating dinner alone. I think it's because dinner is a longer meal and that makes me feel very alone. So that was my concern about CO, that I'd be stuck by myself at dinner. I opted out and got a fixed dining table for 6 in the MDR and had very pleasant dinners. (I did look at that thread. I've sailed solo twice and done other solo travel since losing my husband and nobody has ever asked nosy questions or told me how brave I am)

I did stick with CO for breakfast, and if they asked if I wanted to share, I'd say no and get a 2-top by myself. They would discretely take away the other place setting. I'm sure they would do the same thing at dinner if you said you wanted to eat alone. 

4 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I think RC does something about a special section of the showroom for suite guests. HAL didn't do the roped off section in the showroom when I was on K'dam this winter when CO was just starting. I don't like the idea in principle, but I sort of wish they had.  That space is way too small for the number of passengers, and on my first three tries to go to a show about 20 minutes before it started the doors were closed and staff explained that I would have to return for the later show. I did finally get to see 2 shows at the early time, but in order to do that I made sure I got there 45 minutes before the show.

NCL has reserved section of  seats to see the show for guests  staying   

in  the  best   suites.

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas

On 8/2/2019 at 8:04 PM, KAKcruiser said:

Loreto,

Was the Club Orange section in the back of the dining room or on the sides?

Sorry, I didn't look in to the lower dining room, so I don't know where it was located.

Karen

I've never been forced to share a table for breakfast in the Pinnacle, nor in the main dining room with anytime dining.  I don't think Club Orange would be any different.

Roz

On 7/27/2019 at 9:53 AM, KAKcruiser said:

My understanding is that Club Orange is already added to the Oosterdam in the main dining room and the rest of the ships will be added in August and September.  But, I can't understand why there is no information from HAL about this. 

If not from HAL where did you get this information from ?

4 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

It is on another topic on Cruise Critic.  Someone had posted the rollout of Club Orange on the various ships.  I don't know where they got the information.

Thank you for your prompt reply . By any chance do you remember what topic ? I would like to ask them . Thank you .

I found this on the HAL website

Private Dining
Aboard Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam, the Culinary Arts Center dining venue is being transformed into an exclusive Club Orange restaurant that will be open every day for breakfast and dinner. The complimentary venue will serve the same menu featured in Pinnacle Grill (breakfast) and the Dining Room (dinner) and also include additional daily dishes exclusive to the Club Orange restaurant. When Club Orange is introduced on other ships of the fleet in 2019, a dedicated section of the Dining Room will be set-aside for the exclusive use of Club Orange guests for breakfast and dinner. Reservations in the private dining venue are not required but welcome.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/2018-press-releases/news-20181112-ClubOrangeCon18.html

2 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

The topic was "Club Orange on Oosterdam" (page 10 on the HAL board) and the posting about the rollout of Club Orange was by Maclet on July 23.

I don't know how to do a link to a specific post, so here is Maclet's post from July 23. I just noticed the difference in price. So what do CO guests on K and NS get that guests on the other ships get?

Club Orange roll out schedule, as provided by HAL.  Sorry for the "squished" version, had to copy from a brochure.

SHIP FIRST SAILING DATE
COST (Per Person,  Per Day in $US)
Koningsdam Live $35.00 
Nieuw Statendam Live $35.00 
Eurodam 6/22/19 $25.00 
Oosterdam 6/23/19 $25.00 
Zaandam 7/6/19 $25.00 
Westerdam 8/11/19 $25.00 
Amsterdam 8/12/19 $25.00 
Volendam 8/14/19 $25.00 
Nieuw Amsterdam 9/7/19 $25.00 
Noordam 9/15/19 $25.00 
Veendam 9/21/19 $25.00 
Zuiderdam 9/27/19 $25.00 
Rotterdam 10/5/19 $25.00 
Maasdam 10/17/19 $25.00 

This is very confusing to me.  I prefer open seating and being at a large table.  As a solo passenger, I like to meet people and really don't care about a different menu.  As far as the surcharge, if I wanted to pay more I'd go to the Pinnacle.  

51 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I don't know how to do a link to a specific post, so here is Maclet's post from July 23. I just noticed the difference in price. So what do CO guests on K and NS get that guests on the other ships get?

Club Orange roll out schedule, as provided by HAL.  Sorry for the "squished" version, had to copy from a brochure.

SHIP FIRST SAILING DATE
COST (Per Person,  Per Day in $US)
Koningsdam Live $35.00 
Nieuw Statendam Live $35.00 
Eurodam 6/22/19 $25.00 
Oosterdam 6/23/19 $25.00 
Zaandam 7/6/19 $25.00 
Westerdam 8/11/19 $25.00 
Amsterdam 8/12/19 $25.00 
Volendam 8/14/19 $25.00 
Nieuw Amsterdam 9/7/19 $25.00 
Noordam 9/15/19 $25.00 
Veendam 9/21/19 $25.00 
Zuiderdam 9/27/19 $25.00 
Rotterdam 10/5/19 $25.00 
Maasdam 10/17/19 $25.00 

Thank you for the information . I wonder where Maclet got it from ?